ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:07 AM   #1
vmax
ninjette.org member

Name: max

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

lean or rich condition

Hi,

I am running 2012 ninja 250. Here is this situation, my bike all stock jetting accept slip on muffler. This bike had no problem with hesitate, bogging or never have choke when start. When take off the bike seems to responsive on every gear and spark plug colour is white. Then I want to improve my bike with snorkel remove and add 1 washer each needles but at 9k bike seems hesitate/bog, then I add another washer (total 2 each needles) and bike running great but not to responsive as stock and spark plug still white.
So my question here, with stock jetting is lean or rich, cause base from what i knew if the bike was not to responsive that is sign of rich condition. Appriciated your input.

Ps : also try 2 or 1 washer each needles with snorkel, bike seems hard to rev to high rpm and throttle are heavy
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:57 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Mix is too lean at high range = main jets too small

I would replace everything back to original, when the engine performed better.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:02 PM   #3
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

At 9k the stock bike is real rich. 1 washer does nothing much at 9k. 2 washers and snorkel removed makes the bike run better at 1/4-3/4 throttle. Depending on the thickness of your washers you may be able to do 3. Replace your stock filter with something like Pipercross, WIX or UNI. These filters utilize the frame of the stock air filter and tend to slightly improve performance.

As far as the spark plug being white, you should be fine. A grayish-white looking plug is normal. You probably don't have a enough miles on the bike for any significant carbon build up. Not only that, you maybe running at an optimum level that your fuel is burning efficiently. Burning away all deposits and showing a clean plug is a good (up to a point).
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:47 AM   #4
vmax
ninjette.org member

Name: max

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

ok then I go back to stock jetting if this normal with white colour spark plug. Glad everything normal. Thanks for confirmation and Next I will replace air filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
At 9k the stock bike is real rich. 1 washer does nothing much at 9k. 2 washers and snorkel removed makes the bike run better at 1/4-3/4 throttle. Depending on the thickness of your washers you may be able to do 3. Replace your stock filter with something like Pipercross, WIX or UNI. These filters utilize the frame of the stock air filter and tend to slightly improve performance.

As far as the spark plug being white, you should be fine. A grayish-white looking plug is normal. You probably don't have a enough miles on the bike for any significant carbon build up. Not only that, you maybe running at an optimum level that your fuel is burning efficiently. Burning away all deposits and showing a clean plug is a good (up to a point).
vmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2012, 09:20 AM   #5
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmax View Post
.......if this normal with white colour spark plug.....
Normal is a relative concept.

"When in doubt, lean to the side of mercy." - Cervantes

Paraphrasing Cervantes: When in doubt, lean to the side or rich mix.

Learn to read the best thermometer that your engine has:

http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/sp...s_catalog.html
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote