ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 26th, 2023, 08:05 PM   #1
MartynNZ
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Martyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

EX250J is 2008+ new-gen model with single-plug ignitor

Hi
We are still having troubles sorting the electrical system on our Ninja engine that has been fitted to an off roader.

The Sparky is having a challenge with the wiring diagram and can’t find where Grey and Green/black wires go from the igniter. He assures me he has bypassed the anti-theft part of the wiring.

Everything is working except getting a spark at the plugs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_3.jpg (52.9 KB, 1 views)
MartynNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2023, 08:08 AM   #2
Voodoo dad
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

I'm having the same problem. It seems no one, so far, knows how to wire that. FYI, I was told you don't need any of the diodes because they were part of the anti-theft feature. I'm building a race car so I only need ignition and charging wiring.
Voodoo dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2023, 08:58 AM   #3
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo dad View Post
I'm having the same problem. It seems no one, so far, knows how to wire that. FYI, I was told you don't need any of the diodes because they were part of the anti-theft feature. I'm building a race car so I only need ignition and charging wiring.
From the schematic I'd say the diodes are for the safety switches. The 150 ohm resistor in the grey wire from the ignition switch to the ignition module is the anti-theft device. I asked you about that resistor in your thread, but you haven't answered yet.
Triple Jim is online now   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2023, 07:31 PM   #4
Voodoo dad
ninjette.org newbie

Haven't tried the resistor. I'm going to get a whole harness, then cut off what I don't need. In the end, that will be easier.

Old December 1st, 2023, 05:47 AM   #5
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Quote:
Haven't tried the resistor. I'm going to get a whole harness, then cut off what I don't need. In the end, that will be easier.
The resistor is right at the ignition switch, so I doubt if the harness will have it.

Old December 1st, 2023, 08:07 AM   #6
Voodoo dad
ninjette.org newbie

Thanks Jim, I may go with the factory key switch too. I've completly wired two hot rods and several vacuum tube guitar amplifiers and never had so many questions as I've had with this project. It's all good though. It's not like I'm trying to trouble shoot the Large Hadron Collider. I still can't believe there isn't a simple ignition schematic out there somewhere. Thanks again.

Old December 1st, 2023, 08:50 AM   #7
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Quote:
Thanks Jim, I may go with the factory key switch too. I've completly wired two hot rods and several vacuum tube guitar amplifiers and never had so many questions as I've had with this project. It's all good though. It's not like I'm trying to trouble shoot the Large Hadron Collider. I still can't believe there isn't a simple ignition schematic out there somewhere. Thanks again.
The Kaw manual has wiring diagrams, as does the WIKI: https://ninja250.info/wiki/Wiring_sc...s_%26_diagrams

I've build some tube amps myself. Are you on any of the guitar boards?

Old December 1st, 2023, 09:21 AM   #8
Voodoo dad
ninjette.org newbie

Thanks Jim. I've seen some of those schematics elsewhere, and some are new to me
and one of them will be quite helpful. I'm in Prescott, AZ and the "gokart" project is in Bozeman, MT where my son lives. We worked on it last week and my son will continue to work on it till the Spring when I'll go back and we hopefully will get it running. P.S. I'm not on any guitar boards. I've got too many projects/hobbies already. I am kind of an old guitar equipment nerd. I've got pics of the gokart, if interested.