ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 11th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

People keep asking "Is that the same bike?!" when I haven't changed anything!

THREE. That's how many times yesterday that people asked me if I was riding the same bike I always have. THREE TIMES. I honestly can't remember ever being asked that before and yet all of a sudden three completely different people said this in a single day. One was even a motorcyclist coworker that relieves me every day and talks about our bikes (like me, he doesn't even own a cage).

OK, I have changed some things. NOTHING significant. Here are the only recent changes:
-A week ago I followed my coworker's lead and started parking in a position about 90-degrees different than I used to park. It's actually MORE out of the way (kinda behind the elevator that people enter the parking garage from before typically walking to the valet desk located the opposite direction), though it was facing a wall before (most people saw the rear end).
-A week ago I installed a few blue fairing bolts.
-I rode in the rain a couple days earlier, which made everything filthy. They're used to seeing it filthy though.
-A few days earlier I replaced the handgrips and had to ditch the bar ends (ugly threaded plug things remain).
-The only totally new thing was the Crampbuster installed on the handgrip.

How do these things make the bike look that much different? Which of these things is causing this reaction? At least two of those people saw me ride in daily and would have seen everything but the crampbuster the day before. I'm stumped. Everything was so minor. I wasn't expecting that reaction until I got my undertail, hugger, bar ends, clip-ons, rear seat cowl, blacked-out exhaust, and integrated tail light installed.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 12th, 2011 at 04:10 PM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Its my opinion that the ninjette can look drastically different depending on how you look at it. It can look like a different bike depending on which side you look at it, how close you are to it, and lighting ect...

Thats just my opinion though.

Old June 11th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
every time my sisters see the ninja they think its a new bike... no idea why.

Old June 12th, 2011, 02:14 AM   #4
Prime
ninjette.org member

Name: Oliverio

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Sorry buddy, but all that, imho, just goes to show how little attention they gave to you/the bike in the first place. It's nothing against you though. Most people don't listen, but instead, just wait for their turn to speak.
Posted via Mobile Device
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #5
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Probably because the post-gen Ninja looks like most other sport bikes out there.. easily confused with another sport bike for people who are not familiar with them.
"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:25 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Sorry buddy, but all that, imho, just goes to show how little attention they gave to you/the bike in the first place. It's nothing against you though. Most people don't listen, but instead, just wait for their turn to speak.
Posted via Mobile Device
So... those little things are getting attention? I've been riding it for three years and still have the full stock fender and exhaust.

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:46 AM   #7
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
...I've been riding it for three years and still have the full stock fender and exhaust.
Now that there is a crime in itself... You'd be suprised what some people notice and what most people fail to notice on a day to day basis.
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #8
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Now that there is a crime in itself... You'd be suprised what some people notice and what most people fail to notice on a day to day basis.
Well, I didn't want to bother or spend money on that when I had my eyes set on the Sportisi undertail and hugger anyway and, well, I've spent the last year+ arranging to get that hugger/undertail!

Old June 12th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #9
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I totally understand... it is worth the wait... I have the sportisi hugger and the hotbodies smoked undertail (I'm assuming the one that is very similar to the one you want) Did you get yours? Have you installed them yet? If you need help I'm not that far away from you... just sayin'
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2011, 04:06 PM   #10
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
I totally understand... it is worth the wait... I have the sportisi hugger and the hotbodies smoked undertail (I'm assuming the one that is very similar to the one you want) Did you get yours? Have you installed them yet? If you need help I'm not that far away from you... just sayin'
Yeah. It came in the same group buy as your hugger. In fact, I wanted to do mine at the tech day with you guys but I had work. Mine is blue (Sportisi doesn't do smoke) but I prefer that on this bike anyway. I installed the swingarm cover a while back and had fitment issues. I had to take it off when I developed the chain and sprocket issues but I'll be putting it back on soon.