Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 16th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #1
bthomas3
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 500

Fairings & Forks needed for 2006 Ninja 500

I am the proud driver of a 2006 Ninja 500. I know it's not a 250 like most of you out there, but it is my first bike and this site seems to be an excellent resource for first time riders.

Anyway, I got the bike about a month ago, got a little too confident, and ended up flying over the handlebars and doing a little damage to myself and the bike. I am eager to get back up and riding, and could use some help/advice with replacing some parts. I don't know how parts differ from model to model, but I'm hoping 250 pieces may work.

I will get pictures up soon to give people a better idea.

First, when the back end raised up during the accident, the two shiny metal parts of the forks were bent down and towards the bike. I haven't gotten them off yet to inspect for further damage, but if anyone has or knows where to get new forks/pistons or a good place to get them, I would be greatly appreciative.

Secondly, much of the cosmetic parts of the bike on the right side were shattered, including the front piece that holds the windshield, the black air dam like piece underneath, and the right hand piece on the front. I would be very greatful to snyone with suggestions for replacement of these parts. The bike is a deep red, but any color could work, especially if someone knows of a fairly priced full replacement.

Also, I am considering another option for the fairings. I do some work with carbon fiber, and am considering making whole new fairings for my bike from CF using the existing parts to create a mold. However, the mold making procedure is costly and wasteful just for making one part. If I can get a good looking end result, on a part, would anyone be interested in further parts that I could make from the same molds?

Thanks for reading and for any and all of your help.

BT

Old September 16th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #2
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Hi Brian! Welcome to ninjette! I'm sorry to hear about your tumble. The good news for you is that momaru, njd022588, and I are all local and I'm pretty sure the boys would be willing to help you out, and my garage is always open to forum members Heck, Momaru used it labor day weekend when I wasn't even in town

As for parts, I would imagine that e-bay would be your best bet. If you need a local shop to do anything for you, give Hillbilly in princeton a call!

Closed Thread