ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Funniest car-related post on Reddit I've seen in a while

Direct link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Justrolledin...e_on_a/cghjq57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKT244 on reddit
I've been lurking this subreddit for a while, never had anything valuable to contribute until now.
It's April Fools; and I despise my manager. The term "irritable ****" doesn't quite sum up this person. I work in a small family-run garage, there are two technicians and two bodyshop techs. My manager is the son of my boss, therefore against all recommendation he is a manager. He knows nothing, absolutely nothing, about automotive repair. He treats his co-workers like ****, fobs off what little work he has to do onto other people, generally a lazy, arrogant narcissist. My senior tech and I agreed that he needs to be a taught a lesson, a £170,000 lesson, roughly the price of a Bentley Continental GT.

By pure chance, we had a Continental GT in for a major service. Roughly halfway through draining the oil my colleague and I started to prepare our little surprise. We sandpapered down a pair of old brake pads untill we had a handful of brakedust and put it into 2 pairs of triple layered latex gloves, complete with some paper. We then duck taped the gloves onto the exhaust pipes, completely sealing them and pushed them inside to make sure our prank wasn't discovered until necessary.

We continued our service as necessary, it was a slow day so we kind of drew it out as long as we could. While my colleague was filling up the oil, I went to find my manager. Unsurprisingly, he was shoving a cake into his fat ****ing mouth, I told him we need him to "help" us with the Bentley, as it was having "acceleration issues". "I'll be five minutes." Five minutes passed and my manager shows up, cake in hand. I tell him to sit inside the car and gradually accelerate to 4k Revs then red line it and drop it down to idle.

As soon as he started accelerating, the car was making this strange grumbling sound, as he floored it both gloves exploded spewing out the most fantastic cloud of black smoke I've ever seen. In unison my senior and I screamed "Turn it off! Turn it off!" He was as white as a sheet. To put into context he has quite a dark middle-eastern complextion, now he was white. I thought he had a heart attack and died. To finalize the deception we poured water on the exhaust manifold, the engine bay was steaming, there was a loud explosion and black smoke. Enough to convince someone who doesn't understand cars that they've broken something. "Oh my god, you've destroyed the engine, I told you to hold it at 2k revs, not floor it!"
He had gone full damage control "You told me to take it to 4k and floor it, this is your fault" he was practically choking with tears. Inside I was dying with laughter, you could not believe the mental stress it took to keep a straight face. After about 5 minutes there were streams of tears coming from his face. We pulled out the starter motor relay without him looking and told him it might have just been a backfire. He gets back into the car and tries to crank it, nothing. He tries again and again and again, absolutely nothing. If there was a shred of dignity left in me, I would have told him it was a joke. But this joke hasn't been fully told just yet. He put his head down on the steering wheel and started hitting it with his fist screaming "Why! Why! Why! WHY!". My boss walks in and sees his son crying at the wheel of a Bentley and his two mechanics laughing their arses off. "What the **** did you do to him?!" We were laughing so much we couldn't stand up, and had to use the posts on our ramp to keep ourselves on our feet. We tried explaining to our boss what we just did, but everytime we tried we just burst out laughing again. Honestly I wish I had taken photos because this was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. After about 20 minutes of laughing we managed to explain the gist of what we had done to the boss, and he started laughing. His sons face was as red as red got. He didn't speak to us for the rest of the day. I think tomorrow is going to be interesting, don't you?

Today was one of those days that I'll end up telling my grandchildren about.
tl;dr convinced my manager he'd blown the engine on a Bentley, his reaction was priceless.
Pic is somewhat related, it's the same car it was taken a few months before this.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:00 PM   #2
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '11 CBR250R, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

That is by far one of the top pranks I have ever heard of/seen. Quite intricate and played out better than Hollywood. I, personally, would love to be part of such a well-executed prank.

However, as usual, the comments are written mostly by not quite half-brained dropouts who likely have iq's smaller than that of an ape.
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:04 PM   #3
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14

that's one of the funniest things that I've ever read
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2014, 09:37 AM   #4
misfitsailor
Ninjette Jockey

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 2 Honda Monkeys, Polini & GRC mini GP

Hilarious! Pranking as an art form!

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?.
misfitsailor is offline   Reply With Quote