ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Forum Information

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Question Ninjette Decal Restoration of Discussion.

Hey guys. It has been discussed on three different threads in the past that we create some sort of decal or vinyl sticker to place on various places on our bikes as advertisement for ninjette.org. I thought we'd open an easier to find thread specifically about this possibility.

Here are the threads that already talked about it.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15089
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22326
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22758

So my questions are these:

1. Does anybody have access to any sort of vinyl or sticker maker that could help us with the manufacturing of these decals?

2. What kinds of decals do we want? Do we want multiple sizes and designs or one size and one design? Depending on your answer to the last questions, what size(s) and design(s) would you want, text on solid background, ninjette picture, etc.?

3. How many people would be interested in getting a sticker like this? If we make and buy in bulk, it should be cheaper, so the more we get on board (pardon the pun ) the better.

We already have a few design possibilities for this sticker and I'm sure we could come up with more, but we need to figure out if we can actually make them and how we're paying for them before we get to that part. So who's interested?

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM   #2
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Beast has the ability to print them - someone should talk to him

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #3
Verus Cidere

You wouldn't happen to have a way to get to Beast's profile would you? I'll send the PM, but I have to have a way to get there.

Old June 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM   #4
Verus Cidere

Nevermind. I found Beast's page and sent a PM. Waiting on a reply from that end. Anybody else able to make this kind of sticker?

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Verus Cidere

Anybody have any ideas on what to make, how to make them, and who can? I saw some interest in other threads, but it seems like it died. Nobody else likes the idea or what?

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #6
kkim

what did beast say?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Verus Cidere

Beast still hasn't answered back, but I don't want him to think he's our only option. I'm sure with our thousand members, someone's got to have the ability to make a sticker!!

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #8
kkim

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...4293#post74293

sounds like the making of a contest, too!

Old June 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #9
Verus Cidere

Wow Kelly, you're getting ahead of me! I already talked to Alex about this possibility, and he said we need to work out the logistics first. Hence my search for people who can make the stickers. Hopefully, your thread will help.

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #10
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Well from what I know about this sort of the thing, the cheapest option is to pay for a company to make them. They already have the high end $2-5k printer and buy their materials in bulk.

Highest end pricing would probably be ~50cents a vinyl, and as cheap at ~8cents a vinyl.

I was looking at this company a while back: http://www.stickerobot.com/pricing/

In case you don't want to read, 1-4 colors max. No price difference between 1 or 4 colors. Min. order 1k stickers... so these will be easy to keep in stock
Nickds7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #11
Verus Cidere

Nice link dude! I'm not sure we'd order 1k stickers, but it's a good start. I didn't read all of it yet, so my complete impression of it comes tomorrow. Sleep time!

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:19 AM   #12
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
Nice link dude! I'm not sure we'd order 1k stickers, but it's a good start. I didn't read all of it yet, so my complete impression of it comes tomorrow. Sleep time!
Well its cheaper that way and people would want them for their cage and their bike. So thats 500 people right there.

From what I've seen its like $1-$3 each to print small orders

Old June 26th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #13
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Was gonna have you check with Gail over on FSB, but I just did and:
Quote:
Closed until:
November 15 to include Sticka Connection

If you guys come up with something ya want, we can ask tina at turn one performance/graphics also.
Or you can ask them(John/Tina) here:
http://www.pensacolariders.com/forum...splay.php?f=10
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #14
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

yea, im sorry for not pulling through with the decal, I was embarrassed to say that it was too hard for me to accomplish. making a decal from scratch is harder than I thought! (oh and thanks michael for bumping up this idear once again)
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #15
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

I work in a sign shop that can produce custom vinyl decals. Let me know decal size, quantity, ect and I'll throw some prices back.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #16
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
Beast still hasn't answered back
...still awaiting a reply for my 250r decal

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #17
Bsmith
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250 R.I.P.

I have a guy that I used to work with that got laid off that does vinyl. He could use the business. He just found out his wife is pregnant right before he was laid off. He's been doing some bikes locally. Get me some ideas and I'll hit him up.
Bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #18
Ken08Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

What are you looking for? I own a vinyl cutter, I can cut single color decals. I can not make multi color printed graphics, but I could layer different colors for one decal.
Ken
Ken08Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #19
Verus Cidere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickds7 View Post
Well its cheaper that way and people would want them for their cage and their bike. So thats 500 people right there.

From what I've seen its like $1-$3 each to print small orders
That's quite a bit more expensive, yes. We'll keep this option in mind. Besides, the way this site is growing, we could get rid of those fairly quick!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00v_Lucky View Post
yea, im sorry for not pulling through with the decal, I was embarrassed to say that it was too hard for me to accomplish. making a decal from scratch is harder than I thought! (oh and thanks michael for bumping up this idear once again)
No worries on making the decal. I haven't even tried making a design yet. I'm expecting it to be fairly difficult too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob706 View Post
I work in a sign shop that can produce custom vinyl decals. Let me know decal size, quantity, ect and I'll throw some prices back.
I'm thinking that it should probably be fairly small, so that it's not too overdone. I also don't want it too small, so that it's still noticeable. I'd say about W: 4" X H: 2". But that's just my idea. Anybody have ideas for how big they would want it? An idea before was that it would fit on a kickstand plate/puck. Any other ideas? I wanted it on my windscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsmith View Post
I have a guy that I used to work with that got laid off that does vinyl. He could use the business. He just found out his wife is pregnant right before he was laid off. He's been doing some bikes locally. Get me some ideas and I'll hit him up.
That's a very good cause! I'd be half-inclined to just send him an order right now. As you can see, however, we're still working on that part. Let's see what people say first and then you can talk to your friend.

Oh, and Beast still hasn't answered me back, just to let you guys know.

Old June 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #20
Verus Cidere

C'mon guys! What size would you want?

Old June 29th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #21
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

Well we should look at some of the places it could be located on a bike and then base its size off that. Too big for most places would be annoying.

Old June 29th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #22
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

Main spots are usually the swingarm and the windscreen. Bigger ones could go on the bottom of the front fairings. But we'd need another logo (one less complicated) or it would have to be just font. Also check out muffinman's dark logo

http://www.cafepress.com/ninjette_org
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2009, 06:35 PM   #23
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Im down for a small and simple Ninjette.org vinyl for my windscreen. I do not currently have a ruler at school haha. It should be fairly small but proportional so it doesnt look stretched or clumped up...so it should be whatever those dimensions are.
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #24
Verus Cidere

Ok, so then about 4X2 (inches)? Is that about right or would you want it a bit smaller?

Old June 29th, 2009, 10:05 PM   #25
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Sounds good to me. I think we should get the contest going, settle on a design, and start asking around to see how much it would cost at different sources for the design. Simple would be the cheapest and is at time the best way to go. We want to represent Ninjette but we dont wanna look tacky doin it

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #26
Verus Cidere

We should wait a bit to start the contest. Alex said we need to know who's going to make the sticker first, who's chipping in, who's collecting the money, who's making the order, and things like that before we start the contest, unless I misunderstood him. I'm sure you guys can start making your designs, but Alex doesn't want us deciding on one until we know it's going to get made. I wouldn't be against being the one to take care of it all, but I have to check on it with my dad first, as it's his paypal account. Anybody else interested in handling the money and orders? We could go with a few people putting up 5 to 10 dollars each. If we get 20 or 25 people helping out, we could get lots of stickers and a ton of stamps and envelopes. I'll check asap about whether or not I can do it.

On the note of who is planning to make it, Sean (Bob706) and Bill (Bsmith) both said they had possibilities on manufacturing. Can you guys find out how much it would cost for a few different possibilities? I'm thinking probably 4"X2", all color, with a max of 4 different colors (so it doesn't get to pricey, but still leaves us open for some originality). I'd also like to make sure we use colors that won't fade from sunlight or weather, like a sticker I got from Fulmer helmets recently that went from red to pink in a matter of weeks. The designs, as Matt (M-Oorb) said, should be fairly simple. I'm also thinking we'll need a fairly large order, both to keep the price per sticker fairly low, and to allow many different people to get a sticker, including new members as time goes on. Probably a minimum of 500 stickers and a maximum of 2000. That leaves open new members, and multiple stickers per person. (Feedback on those ideas is still welcome, hoped for, and appreciated! )

Anything I missed guys? Alex, if we're missing anything, help us out! It is your site, after all. You should have a say in it's advertising.

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #27
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

4x2 sounds about right. I haven't been around my bike today so haven't had a chance to measure anything out.

Well for the $ part.. does Alex want to handle the purchasing? As the profits should go to him (site is his) and any promotion would go to his forums (ours, but still his )
I think something like $2/shipped for 2 based off the average prices I'm seeing is a fair estimate. The actual price would obviously have to wait until a printer is selected.

Templates can be downloaded here: http://www.stickerobot.com/templates/ 4x2 looks like what it should be but I would make it at something like 8x4 so that in the end you will have the option for both 8x4 and 4x2 (although no official contest yet, but if you want to play around ideas :P )

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #28
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Michael, you're doing great. Sounds like things are moving down the right track. I don't want to start a sticker contest, have us vote on a winner, then get to the end and realize that particular design can't be made at the right price for a reason that we hadn't thought of ahead of time, or we have to order more than we'd want, and a few other logistics issues that may seem minor now but can seem larger when you have to actually deal with them.

Once we can agree on the major "how's", then we can get down to the "what's" and have a proper contest... Winner will not only be immortalized under their username in their profile (like ARc!), but will take home a pile of the stickers as well as some credit in the ninjette.org store as well.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #29
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Well for the $ part.. does Alex want to handle the purchasing? As the profits should go to him (site is his) and any promotion would go to his forums (ours, but still his )
I do not want to get involved in the purchasing (and subsequent individual shipping) for the vinyl, and I'm not overly concerned about another ninjette.org member making a small profit on the stickers if they are taking the time to deal with the purchasing/orders/shipping hassle already.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #30
kkim

I think the first order of business should be to gauge interest. A thread with a poll in it should give you an idea if this is going to fly or not with the rest of the forum members.

not a commitment to purchase, but just to see how many like the idea and would possibly buy some if they were available.

Old June 29th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #31
Verus Cidere

Poll thread started. Go vote people!!!

Old June 30th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #32
Verus Cidere

Quick question... How long should we give members to answer on the poll? A week or so? More?

Old June 30th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #33
kkim

I would say till you see a trend forming and can gauge the percentage from the responses. It's not accurate, but at least gives you some idea to move ahead on this or not.

Old June 30th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #34
Verus Cidere

Gotcha!

Old June 30th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #35
Nickds7
ninjette.org guru

So here is one idea... simple, blends with the ninja style and existing logos. I prefer something non-invasive to the style of the ninja. (this is not to scale, or centered, I took the font from the finished template and sized it down for the forums)

Although a clear vinyl with black or white font would also be cool, but might cost more$

Old June 30th, 2009, 02:36 AM   #36
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

this is the guy who made my "kawasaki" logo for my zg db

http://www.kawiforums.com/sale-after...-graphics.html
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:18 AM   #37
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
So here is one idea... simple, blends with the ninja style and existing logos. I prefer something non-invasive to the style of the ninja. (this is not to scale, or centered, I took the font from the finished template and sized it down for the forums)

Although a clear vinyl with black or white font would also be cool, but might cost more$
I like this, it's simple and would look really nice just about anywhere on the bike. I was also thinking either one for each side of the fairing or one on the windscreen... depends on the size.

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #38
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

^ I like that idea as well...but what about just the Ninjette.org, without a background?

Old June 30th, 2009, 10:24 AM   #39
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
^ I like that idea as well...but what about just the Ninjette.org, without a background?
I think that's the idea.

Old June 30th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #40
Verus Cidere

Quote:

That would be good. My only beef with it would be that it might need to come in multiple colors, which may not be a problem, but might be. It could bump the price up a bit, but I wouldn't think by much. Maybe clear backgrounds, one group in white and one in black. Those fit with just about everything, and don't make things too expensive. We don't want to commit to Kawi green (even if Kkim won't take anything else ) or something like that, because it just doesn't match very well with red. We have to make sure it looks good on whatever bike it's getting put on. Just my on colors. Nice work man! Looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
this is the guy who made my "kawasaki" logo for my zg db

http://www.kawiforums.com/sale-after...-graphics.html
That's some good work! It is a bit on the pricey side though, and it doesn't look like he does bulk orders. It also may be much easier to work through our own forum, not switching to another. Just some thoughts off the top of my head. Nice find though!

Anybody else have possibilities?