ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old August 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Free phone app for your motorcycle

My free phone app, the-Zebra, helps you track spending on your motorbike and set reminders so you never forget to MOT your bike or change your oil again. You can set reminders by date or by mileage and the best thing is, it works on both iPhone and Android.

When you fill up with petrol it will convert your litres and total spending to miles per gallon (MPG). It shows what you got out of that last tankful and your overall average.

You can set a reminder for either your bike service as a whole, or a separate reminder for oil, spark plugs, air filter and other individual service items. You can also set reminders to check your tyres. You can record your spending by individual item or overall service too.

You can use the app to store information about your bike’s insurer and broker and, if you want, keep your policy number handy in case you ever need to exchange insurance details with a "sorry mate I didn’t see you" cage driver.

You drive the changes
I’m adding to the app regularly, so let me know what else you want the app to do. One of the first suggestions was to add cars, so now you can keep records for as many cars and bikes as you own.

Within the app you can compare your own bikes, but soon you will be able to log on to my website, the-zebra.com, and compare your bike with other riders with the same bike.

The-Zebra app won’t tell you if you’re getting lower MPG because you “ride it like you stole it” or because something is wrong – only you can decide that – but being able to compare might help.

The current list of items you can monitor includes:
  • Insurance
  • MOT
  • Tax
  • Service
  • Oil change
  • Oil filter
  • Fuel filter
  • Air filter
  • Spark plugs
  • Chain
  • Brakes
  • Clutch
  • Electrics
  • Tyres
  • Accessories
  • Other
What else would you want to see included?

Advice on insurance and finance
If you have a problem with your bike insurance or with your finance firm, you can also ask Whealie to help. I’m a financial journalist who has worked on the inside of the insurance industry, so I know all their tricks. I can help you if you need to complain or even if you are choosing a new product. I’m not selling anything – you will have to buy from a broker or price comparison site of your choice – but read my advice first.

Why the zebra?
It’s simple: I ride zebra-striped motorbikes. I really do. So now I’m trying to put everything there is to know about motorcycle loans and insurance in black and white. I built the phone app to help me. I hope it helps you.

Every biker who downloads the app by the end of September will have a chance to win £100 in cash.

You can follow me on:
Twitter - @thezebra
Facebook – thezebracom

To download the app go to:

The App Store for iPhone
Google Play Store for Android

Click here for full story...