CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
No jail for uninsured hit-and-run driver

No jail for uninsured hit-and-run driver
By Visordown News
Lincolnshire driver escapes prison after leaving biker seriously injured then torching his car to hide evidence

A MALE DRIVER who seriously injured a motorcyclist in a road collision, before fleeing the scene then setting fire to his car to hide the evidence, has escaped a prison sentence.
Earlier this week, Lincoln Magistrates' Court heard how Kerry Miles Pick, 25, ran a red light in Broadgate, Lincoln, before colliding with the biker. Realising the seriousness of his actions, Pick then fled the scene before deliberately torching his car.

The motorcyclist, whose name has yet to be released by Police, sustained a broken knee, ankle and arm.

In court, Pick pleaded guilty to driving without due care and attention, no insurance, no MOT test certificate and failing to stop at the scene of an accident.

But Magistrates chose not to hand down a custodial sentence as Pick had entered an early guilty plea. Instead he'll get a high level community order.

I love it when when there is just punishment. I wonder why it rarely happens when motorcycles are involved (people probably think it's just a matter of time that all motorcyclist's crash so they have it coming to them sooner or later). I hope this guy's community service is showing up at accident scenes and bagging bodies and body parts.

We find out Billy Lane's sentence today.

Old June 16th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #2
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

re-dick-u-lous!

Old June 16th, 2009, 07:38 AM   #3
xTKx
Finally!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Red 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
We find out Billy Lane's sentence today.
Post an update once you know...

Old June 16th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #4
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

This is so typical. Society as a whole just needs to stop tolerating this, but sadly, it'll take many generations to fix.

Old June 16th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #5
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Where is justice and accountability these days?
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #6
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
Where is justice and accountability these days?
You're at least 30 years too late on that one, the Liberals and activist judges have ensured that.

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #7
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Finally someone gets charged with what they deserve;

Driver charged with motorcyclists' deaths

PEMBROKE, N.C., June 15 (UPI) -- A driver who was allegedly traveling more than 100 mph has been charged in the deaths of two motorcyclists in Pembroke, N.C., police said.

Julie Miller, 40, of Mount Pleasant, S.C., allegedly never hit the brakes on her Saturn when she lost control of the car and slammed into two oncoming Harley-Davidson motorcycles in Pembroke Sunday, The Fayetteville, N.C., Observer reported Monday.

The crash instantly killed Virginia C. Locklear of Lumberton, N.C., a passenger on one bike, and Marie D. Locklear of Pembroke, who was alone on the second bike, Pembroke Police Chief Dwayne Hunt said.

The driver of the first motorcycle, Fredrick Locklear, was in critical but stable condition Sunday at Duke University Medical Center, Hunt said, noting the three victims did not appear to be related.

Miller was charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter and one count of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. Miller, who tested negative for alcohol and drugs, told police she had no recollection of the crash. She was at the county jail on $1.25 million bail.

She still won't take responsibility.

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #8
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

You know the sad thing? It is hard to be excited about something like this. I mean I am glad she is having to face what she did but at the loss of life. It is conflicting.

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #9
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
She really isn't facing what she did (told police she had no recollection of the crash), she is just facing the charges.

Some slick attorney will come up with some medical problem she has so she doesn't have to take responsibility.

Old June 16th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #10
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Sad Sad story for the victim... and Geeez this Fool gets a 'slap on the wrist'? WTF

Its like a criminal breaking into your house, with a GUN..... you wake up, you see him standing over your Wife or GF... and just then he sees you, point and FIRES, hits YOU in the shoulder, and you grab your GUN (under the bed or whatever, nearby) and lets say during this time, Criminals gun JAMS.... then flees, but just as his BACK is to you at the doorway, you POP off a shot, and strike him in the Back of the Head! JUSTICE IS SERVERED! (right?) No... cuz in todays world, Criminals have More Rights then the Victims!

sorry a graphic, but a True scenirio (in this world today)
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #11
xTKx
Finally!

Quote:
The crash instantly killed Virginia C. Locklear of Lumberton, N.C., a passenger on one bike, and Marie D. Locklear of Pembroke, who was alone on the second bike, Pembroke Police Chief Dwayne Hunt said.

The driver of the first motorcycle, Fredrick Locklear, was in critical but stable condition Sunday at Duke University Medical Center, Hunt said, noting the three victims did not appear to be related.
Is this supposed to be sarcastic? I seriously can't tell. Cowboy, have you "altered" the article or is this a direct copy/paste?

And @ the driver: 100mph, really?! Was that necessary? And not even hitting the brakes?! I'm with you Cowboy, the most frustrating thing about this case is that it seems as though she still won't take responsibility...

Old June 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #12
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Not altered, copied and pasted.

Old June 16th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #13
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
She was probably on the phone and not paying attention, so no brakes.

Old June 16th, 2009, 11:51 AM   #14
optikal
ninjette.org member

Name: Piyush

Motorcycle(s): None Yet!

or may be watching herself in the vanity mirror! The newer cages have them on the driver side as well!!
optikal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #15
xTKx
Finally!

Quote:
Not altered, copied and pasted.
Weird. I wonder why they made that comment in the article :/

Quote:
She was probably on the phone and not paying attention, so no brakes.
+1
I don't know about the phone part, but not paying attention for sure. Stories like this just irritate me to no end (people not paying attention).

... I need to go read a happy story now to cool myself off ...

Old June 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #16
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
Sad Sad story for the victim... and Geeez this Fool gets a 'slap on the wrist'? WTF

Its like a criminal breaking into your house, with a GUN..... you wake up, you see him standing over your Wife or GF... and just then he sees you, point and FIRES, hits YOU in the shoulder, and you grab your GUN (under the bed or whatever, nearby) and lets say during this time, Criminals gun JAMS.... then flees, but just as his BACK is to you at the doorway, you POP off a shot, and strike him in the Back of the Head! JUSTICE IS SERVERED! (right?) No... cuz in todays world, Criminals have More Rights then the Victims!

sorry a graphic, but a True scenirio (in this world today)
Actually in the case you described you would be fine as long as he was dead. Cops have told friends of mine DIRECTLY, that if you are going to shoot someone breaking into your house to KILL them, otherwise they can press charges.

I also hate how society is so bloody easy on drivers that hit motorcyclists. This just adds proof to how much we as a group are not respected enough by society for them to care about us. First they don't respect us enough to see us on the road, then they don't give a rats ass about one of us getting hurt and doing the right thing by punishing the person.

If a drunk driver hits a minivan with a dad and child killing one of them, you'll see them through the book at the drunk driver. However, if you take that same drunk driver and that same dad but on a motorcycle, then you'll see a guy get away with murder because he was a "crazy ass worthless biker that was only going to get himself killed sooner or later anyway." (at least that's the sentiment I get from all these stories I see)
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #17
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Oscar, Why should we be surprised? Shocked is appropriate. Let`s face it, the general public sees bikers as some sort of abberation--so who cares if on or two get mowed down. After all, we are in their way. It is just as bad, if not worse, for bicyclists. The general public thinks we should be confined to sidewalks(blatantly illegal), Getting run off the road by cagers is an old routine--you get used to it ad always have your exit on the ready. We really need to educate people.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote