ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 15th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #81
kkim

lol... with you, who can tell where you're posting from.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #82
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

I know alot of guys with riding experience going back to the 60s. All with various (on track) experience including mx, enduro, trials, road racing, and drap racing. They always wear helmets, boots (not usually motorcycle boots), jeans, and those Belstaff jackets when on the road. The real Belstaff jacket made out of waxed cotton, or the nylon one. Now these jackets don't offer the abrasion protection of leather or the stronger textiles, but these guys are no squids either. They ride everything from old Triumphs, Velocettes, to interceptors, Ducs, Guzzis, BMW, and cruisers, and some brands that have gone out of business before some here were born. Some have had a fall, some haven't. They don't wheelie, or lane split (illegal here). They don't put anyone else at risk. Why should any of us pass judgement on their gear? They weigh their risk. I know a guy who sided a house, fell off the ladder and was in the hospital for months. someone else who slipped in his kitchen, banged his head, and died. Obviously he didn't expect to fall and die. Life is full of risks that we weigh everyday. The only way to be fully safe is to stay in bed, and even that isn't foolproof. OK I am rambling. I often wear a leather jacket, but a ride in a tshirt on the backroads is fun too. I never go without the helmet, because as you are tumbling on the ground its hard to control where your head lands (and I've broken 3 of them), but no leather or padding (or helmet) will save you everytime. A squid puts others at risk, someone without ATGATT puts oneself at a higher level of risk, no one else.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #83
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

sorry but what does ATGATT mean? im serious, i just dont know much of motorcycle thread slang/lingo yet! thanks~
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #84
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

All
The
Gear
All
The
Time

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #85
ScorpionNinja

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
All
The
Gear
All
The
Time

Oh ok, thanks! That would be me then! only ride like 8miles to work, 16miles roundtrip! jacket,riding pants,helm phantom gloves,icon boots. Only takes 3-5 more Mins to Gear up..... if in a fall/crash, those 3-5mins JUST might give you 30-50 more Years on this Earth!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote