ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 11th, 2009, 04:18 PM   #1
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Paddock Pass

So, I'm new to riding and so is my attention to MotoGP. I plan to attend this year in Laguna Seca, but does anyone know what a paddock pass is?

The package I'm going to buy says it includes "1 paddock pass valid for all three days" and I've tried to Google what this means but it's still not clear to me. Can anyone help a blind man see on this one?

Thanks
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The paddock is the area where the raceteams set up. It's a pretty large area at Laguna. You can walk right up to where the AMA teams have their bikes and transporters, and you can peek into the back of the garages of the MotoGP teams. It can be less crowded than the rest of Laguna as it's somewhat restricted access, but they do sell thousands of paddock passes so it's not a particularly limited privilege. The food stations in the paddock are sometimes less crowded. Check out this gallery, all of the pics on the first few pages are taken in the paddock area behind the MotoGP garages. You can get autographs and pics of the GP folks, but it's a very short window of time as they go from their transporters to their garages. The AMA folks are a little more accessible back in their areas.

I've still got two of these ticket packages left if you're looking for a hospitality package that includes paddock passes.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
With that pass you get to go into the paddock area (where they keep the real horsepower). Any tools you find make good souvenirs. Girl with umbrellas are there for the taking so help yourself, you have the pass. If you notice any extra leathers or boots, try them on, if they fit they are yours. If you have the 3 day pass it is free parking in the pits (watch which side of the wall you park on, you could get side swiped). Paddock passes include free food so when you see one of these roped off areas have a seat and start piggin out, you are a VIP and deserve it, you paid extra. If you bring your helmet you're allowed to test ride any of the race bikes not being used. If you don't have a helmet they have extra (make sure you take a new one, the used ones are all sweaty). You should have a good time and tell everyone there I say hi.

Old June 11th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 04:53 PM   #5
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I just got the word that Toseland and his band will play at Laguna.

Toseland formed Crash with singer/guitarist Paul Grant-Reason in 2002. They are joined by Gavin Hall on the drums and Warren Odell on the bass guitar. The band describes its music as “an eclectic mix of rock, pop and crowd favorites”. Crash performs covers of songs such as the Police’s “Message in a Bottle”, Aerosmith’s “Walk This Way” and Green Day’s “Basket Case”. Samples of Crash’s music are available on the band’s website, http://www.crashband.co.uk/.

Monster Tech 3 Yamaha racer James Toseland and his band Crash will perform at Laguna Seca July 4 after the qualifying session for the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix.

Old June 11th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #6
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
With that pass you get to go into the paddock area (where they keep the real horsepower). Any tools you find make good souvenirs. Girl with umbrellas are there for the taking so help yourself, you have the pass. If you notice any extra leathers or boots, try them on, if they fit they are yours. If you have the 3 day pass it is free parking in the pits (watch which side of the wall you park on, you could get side swiped). Paddock passes include free food so when you see one of these roped off areas have a seat and start piggin out, you are a VIP and deserve it, you paid extra. If you bring your helmet you're allowed to test ride any of the race bikes not being used. If you don't have a helmet they have extra (make sure you take a new one, the used ones are all sweaty). You should have a good time and tell everyone there I say hi.

mmm... sounds like a good deal, but is it really worth the extra money?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #7
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I knew it!

haha but seriously, thanks for the clarification guys
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote