ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old August 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #1
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): Waiting for spring for my 250!

Whoo hoo! First mod(s)!

Well, I finally got around to doing my first mod to my new 250, and it kind of snowballed into a bunch at once. It started with Pro-Bolts blue bolts, then painting the windscreen black, Projekt D fender eliminator, BikeMonkey smoked out integrated taillight, and a Spooph inspired copycat mod.

The pro-bolts aren't finished yet, but the taillight and fender eliminator are installed, and the Spooph mod is coming along nicely.

More pics to come as they are completed.
6speedhemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Powerlogix
ninjette.org member

Name: Binh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

Never thought of that before. Post pictures when your done.
Powerlogix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

you coppied me! ;P

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=71441

Old August 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Looks good so far.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #5
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

UPDATE!

Wow, what a day. Had a small panic attack at the beginning and also had an amazing end to the day. On with the pics!

Painted windscreen installed! It's not perfect, there are a few spots where I didn't cut enough of the painting tape off so it made for funky borders and it peeled off a small portion on the top left corner. I still think it looks freakin amazing! Also note the blue pro-bolts installed too.

More pro-bolts installed:

While I was working, I remembered lots of people taking off the ugly orange reflectors and replacing them with the red ones. So I went ahead and did that too.

And last but not least, a sneak peek at the new custom turn signals. Kevin, I sure did copy your idea! Hope you don't mind haha. I saw Vex's brake lights, your turn signals, and Spooph's turn signals and said: "Hey! That's pretty freakin awesome!!" The fairings aren't re-installed because I ran out of electrical tape, and I don't want to have connections hanging loose since I already blew a fuse that way.

Click here for the video!

Let me know what you guys think!

Old August 20th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #6
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Turn signals are finished and all installed again.

Click here for that video!

I will have to wait to get a good video in direct sunlight. I have one, but for some reason the camera cut out all of the light from the led's. It looked much more dim in the video than it is in real life, and I don't want to have people think that it's as unnoticeable as it seemed in that video.

Personally, I think that these LED's combined with the LED tail light are at least as noticeable as the stock lights.

Old August 20th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #7
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
I know this is asking a lot, but could the OP make a video of the bike's turn signals out in full unshaded sunlight? Thanks.
I will try again tomorrow. The camera I used to record it the first time blocked out the light from the LED's and enhanced the light from the sun so they looked VERY dim in the video versus in person. I'm gonna try using my flip camera, maybe that will get a better balance of light.

Old August 21st, 2011, 08:45 PM   #8
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

You said you used the projekt d fender eliminator kit right?

Any pics of that, especially the close up of where the tail light area is at...did you have any fitment issues like this person did below:

I want to order that fender eliminator kit when I get all the lights and install them all at once but seeing this made me a little uneasy

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2011, 02:38 PM   #9
6speedhemi
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducducgooseit View Post
I know this is asking a lot, but could the OP make a video of the bike's turn signals out in full unshaded sunlight? Thanks.
Here is a video of the lights in direct sunlight. Click here for that video!

Funny thing is that the first video focused more on the sunlight and dimmed the LED's, and this video focused more on the LED's and dimmed the sunlight. I can't quite get it just right, but this is very close to how bright it is in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YORCHI View Post
You said you used the projekt d fender eliminator kit right?

Any pics of that, especially the close up of where the tail light area is at...did you have any fitment issues like this person did below:

I want to order that fender eliminator kit when I get all the lights and install them all at once but seeing this made me a little uneasy
I did use this fender eliminator, but I didn't use that bracket. I used the other, minimal bracket that doesn't use the stock plate light. I ordered some LED bolt lights to use instead. However, that top section is no different between the two brackets.

I have a slight fitment issue in the beginning, but after I took it apart again and it fit fine. There is a small tab that's on the underside of the top cover of the tail light that I didn't have in the right spot. Also, there is velcro that you have to make sure is placed correctly.