ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old April 18th, 2016, 02:00 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Gerloff Two For Two At Road Atlanta MotoAmerica Supersport Round

In what was essentially a carbon copy of Saturday’s*MotoAmerica Supersport Race 1 at Road Atlanta, Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.)/Graves/Yamaha*rider*Garrett Gerloff won Sunday’s Supersport Race 2 by virtually the same gap*of more than 10 seconds over repeat second-place finisher Valentin Debise.

Also*the same as yesterday, Garrett’s teammate and 2015 defending MotoAmerica Supersport*Champion JD Beach got the holeshot at the start, and then, Garrett passed JD*for the lead, which he*held all the way to the checkered flag.

For*Garrett, it was his third consecutive MotoAmerica Supersport win, while JD has*reached the podium for the third straight race.

“I’m really enjoying myself on the bike right now,”*Garrett said. “I didn’t feel like I was as consistent today as I was yesterday,*and the race actually seemed a little bit shorter even though it was the*same*number of laps. This stuff is never easy, and I’m just going to keep my focus*going, have fun, and ride the best I can.”

“For some reason, we just*can’t figure this bike and this track out,” commented JD. “Garrett and Valentin*are riding so well. It’s tough to be unhappy with third, but after winning the*Championship last*year, I have high expectations. So, we’ve got two weeks till*the next race, and I’m going to go back home, train harder, ride more, and come*back stronger.”

As JD alluded to, the*Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha Supersport team will be back in action in two weeks as the*MotoAmerica Championship travels to the Northeast for the race at New Jersey*Motorsports*Park on April 29 – May 1.

2016 MotoAmerica Supersport Standings4/17/16Pos.RiderPoints1Garrett Gerloff – Yamaha752Valentin Debise563JD Beach – Yamaha534Joe Roberts – Yamaha375Cameron Petersen – Yamaha34Watch The MotoAmerica Championship On BeIN SPORTS And*BeIN SPORTS CONNECT

For more information and*airtimes for MotoAmerica races on BeIN SPORTS and BeIN SPORTS CONNECT, check*out*http://www.motoamerica.com/bein-spor...src=SOC&dom=tw

For more Yamaha racing news,*results, photos, and videos, visit*http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/Racing

Gerloff Two For Two At Road Atlanta MotoAmerica Supersport Round appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...