ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old December 5th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #121
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8t six View Post
what is a good baseline to jet this with the new exhaust?

im running the stock intake for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
try the stock jets. then try the next size larger jet. then you go to the needles. then the floats and pilot jets. Jetting is trial and error. The stock main jets are large enough that they should be fine for use with the airbox and full exhaust, but that may be different for your bike. only way to find out is to test it out. a few miles on the wrong jet for testing purposes isn't going to hurt a thing
Actually with the stock intake you are going to want to go with smaller jets. The stock jets are equivalent to a 102 dynojet and you will probably want a 98 dynojet. Find a recipe similar to your setup and go for it.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10208

I will be jetting my bike tomorrow and will probably go to a 98 dynojet and switch the needles out. Does anyone know if there is a DIY replace the jets? I can't find one
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #122
str8t six
never enough

Name: josh

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 ninja 250R

here ya go

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10640

custom graphics, zero gravity DB
str8t six is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 5th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #123
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8t six View Post
Yea I saw that one but it made it sound like there was another way to do it. Oh well guess I'll be doing his method haha
AFM #676

Old December 6th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #124
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Actually with the stock intake you are going to want to go with smaller jets. The stock jets are equivalent to a 102 dynojet and you will probably want a 98 dynojet. Find a recipe similar to your setup and go for it.
Hi Sean - The Keihin OEM main jet size (normally #98) is actually equal to a #DJ 96. We recommend # DJ 98 to start (equal to Keihin #100), with the intake Snorkel removed. Start with needle clip on 3rd groove. Pilot Screws turned out 2.75 from bottom.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 6th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #125
rwheelz
Moroccan Gold Imports

Name: RJ

Motorcycle(s): '03 ZX9R, '03 ZX7R & wife's '09 250R

WhiteRice I never heard back from you. Any word from AreaP about my special order system?

Old December 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #126
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryant View Post
Hi Sean - The Keihin OEM main jet size (normally #98) is actually equal to a #DJ 96. We recommend # DJ 98 to start (equal to Keihin #100), with the intake Snorkel removed. Start with needle clip on 3rd groove. Pilot Screws turned out 2.75 from bottom.
I was referencing this chart for the stock size, perhaps it is off?

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Dynojet...zes_conversion

either way we end up in the same place
AFM #676

Old December 6th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #127
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I was referencing this chart for the stock size, perhaps it is off?

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Dynojet...zes_conversion

either way we end up in the same place
The chart is essentially correct, but his referance example I believe is from the '88 - 07 model (which has larger stock # of 105 Keihin).
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 6th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #128
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryant View Post
The chart is essentially correct, but his referance example I believe is from the '88 - 07 model (which has larger stock # of 105 Keihin).

Kerry, do you have any dyno chart comparisons of this system on a fuel injected ninja 250?
AFM #676

Old December 6th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #129
WhiteRice
Kamikaze Squirrel

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r

Howdy yall,

I sent Kerry a message on our behalf,

Quote:
Since we're wrapping things up let me say, on the behalf of the ninjette.org participants and myself,

Thank you for allowing this group buy to happen. I know I speak for everyone involved in expressing our appreciation of area p's commitment to customer satisfaction and our gratitude for the special pricing we received.

Personally, I know where I'll be going for my future performance needs(for my next bike).

Wishing the area p team happy holidays, plenty of success with the new facility, and in the new year,

Zach
Let me also thank everyone who participated, just by doing so you made this a possibility!

Enjoy! and post plenty of pics!
WhiteRice is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 6th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #130
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Couldn't make the group buy, but I just had to have one of these exhausts...
So finally got to order mine today, got the 12" can w carbon fiber and the area p jetkit

Thanks Kerry for doing the work that made me feel confident this was the exhaust to buy for my bike!!!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 6th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #131
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Got my exhaust today! Thanks Kerry for the group buy and Zach for setting it up. The exhaust looks great. Can't wait to put it on, just less than two weeks and I'll be able to get to work on the install.

On a side note I was wondering if you (kbyrant or someone else) had any ideas on what jets I should start on since I am at high altitude (Some small tweaks were done to my bike to get it running good out here). Hopefully the cold weather doesn't affect the jetting process too much as well.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #132
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Name: Solon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

Will there be another group buy sometime in the next month or two? I've done a lot of research and I think I've made up my mind on getting the quiet core full exhaust system.
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #133
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Highly unlikely. Maybe 1 to a maximum of 2 GBs per year on this unit. Interest will be low for a while in large enough numbers because this group buy just ran. Best to contact Kerry on your own and let him know you're a bit late, maybe he can cut you a small break.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 13th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #134
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
Highly unlikely. Maybe 1 to a maximum of 2 GBs per year on this unit. Interest will be low for a while in large enough numbers because this group buy just ran. Best to contact Kerry on your own and let him know you're a bit late, maybe he can cut you a small break.
Alright thanks.

Should I PM him on this site or reference my inquiry from this site to him via email?

Old December 14th, 2011, 12:16 AM   #135
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Email him through their website and reference the ninjette.org group buy that was recently completed. He's a great guy and very professional - hopefully he can help you out. Even if he can't he's a pleasure to deal with and his product is well worth its full price.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #136
rwheelz
Moroccan Gold Imports

Name: RJ

Motorcycle(s): '03 ZX9R, '03 ZX7R & wife's '09 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Got my exhaust today! Thanks Kerry for the group buy and Zach for setting it up. The exhaust looks great. Can't wait to put it on, just less than two weeks and I'll be able to get to work on the install.

On a side note I was wondering if you (kbyrant or someone else) had any ideas on what jets I should start on since I am at high altitude (Some small tweaks were done to my bike to get it running good out here). Hopefully the cold weather doesn't affect the jetting process too much as well.
What is your altitude? I live in MT and have ridden way up. I posted my results in the jetting thread. I can give you a close guess even if you live higher than I do.

Old December 14th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #137
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwheelz View Post
What is your altitude? I live in MT and have ridden way up. I posted my results in the jetting thread. I can give you a close guess even if you live higher than I do.
About 5200 ft above sea level I believe, I'll check the jetting thread and see what your settings are thanks! I asked someone local as well but he has a few more mods than I.

Another thing I didn't think would be too much a problem, but getting those carbs out is a pita with the airbox, gotta move the stupid thing out of the way.

Old December 15th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #138
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
Will there be another group buy sometime in the next month or two? I've done a lot of research and I think I've made up my mind on getting the quiet core full exhaust system.
Next summer I will be buying an Area P full system. I'm hoping there will be a new group buy during that time.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #139
Slono
ninjette.org guru

I'm hoping there will be enough people for one in the year... I'm so impatient it's driving me nuts. It doesn't help that the weather has been supremely mild this far in Toronto.

Old December 16th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #140
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
I'm hoping there will be enough people for one in the year... I'm so impatient it's driving me nuts. It doesn't help that the weather has been supremely mild this far in Toronto.
I want to savour my bike as it is right now! The longer I stick with the stock exhaust the more I will be familiar with the stock bike and thus the more I will appreciate the new exhaust. Also... the stock Ninjette is lovely!

I'm thinking of saving up to have a whole bunch of things done to my bike in one go:
* Custom paint job
* Area P full system
* New tires (maybe pilot power)
* rear tire hugger
* new wind screen

It would be awesome to see and ride my Ninjette after having done all those modifications. I bet it would feel like a whole new bike.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #141
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I want to savour my bike as it is right now! The longer I stick with the stock exhaust the more I will be familiar with the stock bike and thus the more I will appreciate the new exhaust. Also... the stock Ninjette is lovely!

I'm thinking of saving up to have a whole bunch of things done to my bike in one go:
* Custom paint job
* Area P full system
* New tires (maybe pilot power)
* rear tire hugger
* new wind screen

It would be awesome to see and ride my Ninjette after having done all those modifications. I bet it would feel like a whole new bike.
I've ridden my 250 11,300 miles before this modification (which is basically my only major mod). When I took it out for a small test run I bounced it off the rev limiter two times. Its definitely a noticeable difference; I used to feel for the bike losing its power to shift. Stick with the stock stuff for a long time and adding new components feels like a drastic change. On a side note I must have guessed my jetting pretty good with 100 mains and needle on third clip; its running excellent.

Old December 17th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #142
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
I've ridden my 250 11,300 miles before this modification (which is basically my only major mod). When I took it out for a small test run I bounced it off the rev limiter two times. Its definitely a noticeable difference; I used to feel for the bike losing its power to shift. Stick with the stock stuff for a long time and adding new components feels like a drastic change. On a side note I must have guessed my jetting pretty good with 100 mains and needle on third clip; its running excellent.
Well lets hope in the new year sometime we'll have enough people for another group buy. I have about 4,500 miles (7000+kms) on my bike from 2.5 months or riding, so I'm hoping by the time the next buy comes around I'll have my odometer show double my current distance.