ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:26 AM   #1
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

Name: Dash

Motorcycle(s): stolen :(

got pulled over and the cop was actually cool about it

So I'm riding home last night in a 55 mph zone, and I end up getting stuck behind a garbage truck that's probably doing 25. Needless to say, I decide to pass in a no passing zone..and then the lights flash and I pull over.

The cop asks for my license, which is expired, tells me as such, I apologise, and he tells me that he had to pull me over, but that we can forget it ever happened.

Definitely saved me some cash for the ticket, plus the expired license, plus my bike may or may not have an inspection sticker.

I shook the guy's hand and thanked him. I've honestly never had a traffic stop go that well.
pop0tart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM   #2
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Bwahahaha, read the title and immediatle thought: How can a cop be cool about pulling you over?

Cop - Sup, dawg, I heard you like getting pulled over so Imma pull you over while I pull you over
You - AWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

In all cerealness though, WTF are you doing riding with no license and/or those other things? I'm my book this is as stupid as wearing flip flops and shorts while you ride. While gear protects you you from road rash, riding legal protects you from cop rash

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:34 AM   #3
CalvinAmI
ninjette.org member

Name: CalvinAmI

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r [RED] & '06 Ninja 250 [WHITE]

you need to send that cop some donuts.
CalvinAmI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:34 AM   #4
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

I have a complete disdain for the police in my area. First of all, you're lucky to get pulled over in a marked car anymore, which I think is chicken sh*t. Unmarked cars should be used for drug busts, not routine patrols, because god forbid someone actually needs a cop, and there's never going to be one to be found because they're all undercover.

Second, he never even ran my license, which is always a 15 minute hassle. Finally, no warning, and no ticket.

Cool is quite relative in this situation.

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:37 AM   #5
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop0tart View Post
I have a complete disdain for the police in my area. First of all, you're lucky to get pulled over in a marked car anymore, which I think is chicken sh*t. Unmarked cars should be used for drug busts, not routine patrols, because god forbid someone actually needs a cop, and there's never going to be one to be found because they're all undercover.

Second, he never even ran my license, which is always a 15 minute hassle. Finally, no warning, and no ticket.

Cool is quite relative in this situation.
Cool. Whatever makes you wagon float, I guess

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM   #6
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

with luck like mine (see the thread where I am facing a dui on a yellow raft), every small victory in life is celebrated.

Old June 21st, 2012, 07:58 AM   #7
PsHYk
ninjette.org member

Name: Pshyk

Motorcycle(s): 2012-250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post

Cop - Sup, dawg, I heard you like getting pulled over so Imma pull you over while I pull you over
You - AWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
hahaha
PsHYk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Dude are you kidding me???? So with your previous DUI, your lic being expired (Does that mean revoked or suspended??) no tags on your bike, do you have insurance??? Dude I've been in your position with trying to make it seem less your fault. I used to do the same thing, blame everyone else and not take responsibility for my own actions and then I grew up. I'm not sure I believe you that you weren't drunk. I'm sorry bro but with this new information I'm pretty sure you were guilty on the raft. Stop blaming others, stop trying to make people feel sorry for you and take responsibility for your actions. Best advice I can give from someone who used to be just like you.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:51 AM   #9
pop0tart
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
Dude are you kidding me???? So with your previous DUI, your lic being expired (Does that mean revoked or suspended??) no tags on your bike, do you have insurance??? Dude I've been in your position with trying to make it seem less your fault. I used to do the same thing, blame everyone else and not take responsibility for my own actions and then I grew up. I'm not sure I believe you that you weren't drunk. I'm sorry bro but with this new information I'm pretty sure you were guilty on the raft. Stop blaming others, stop trying to make people feel sorry for you and take responsibility for your actions. Best advice I can give from someone who used to be just like you.
Well, son, you asked for it..

Expired means freaking expired.

Sometimes when you pay for your new license, they forget to send you a camera card, so you have to file a form with the DMV and wait for a new card.

Sometimes, you decide to add a set of clip on bars to your bike, which means removing the inspection sticker and having the inspection mechanic refuse to issue a new one without paying for a whole new inspection (illegal).

Yes, I have insurance.

You can now see why I am so scared of going before a jury. People have this complete logic fallacy that goes like this:

This guy got a DUI when he was 19, so me MUST be guilty now.

This guy doesn't have an inspection sticker on his bike, so I bet he enjoys driving under the influence.

Edit: I'm a little crybaby. Everything is everyone else's fault. I am going to walk to work while I wait for a new camera card, even though I have a valid license.

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:55 AM   #10
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

I'm not necessarily as harsh as Jon but you definitely need to start making better choices. I just read your other thread after seeing it referenced here. Firstly, water and intoxication doesn't really sound all that smart to me to begin with but I realize people do it. Nevertheless, maybe have a plan other than just winging it with a friend who's probably set on getting drunk. Second, sounds kinda irresponsible to be riding with an expired license and then to possibly not have the state mandated inspection sticker. Does anyone like getting their vehicle inspected? No, probably not, but it's the law. IMO, you were VERY lucky this didn't go the other way and that the officer didn't run your license and find out what else you've been up to.

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM   #11
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop0tart View Post
Well, son, you asked for it..

Expired means freaking expired.

Sometimes when you pay for your new license, they forget to send you a camera card, so you have to file a form with the DMV and wait for a new card.

Sometimes, you decide to add a set of clip on bars to your bike, which means removing the inspection sticker and having the inspection mechanic refuse to issue a new one without paying for a whole new inspection (illegal).

Yes, I have insurance.

You can now see why I am so scared of going before a jury. People have this complete logic fallacy that goes like this:

This guy got a DUI when he was 19, so me MUST be guilty now.

This guy doesn't have an inspection sticker on his bike, so I bet he enjoys driving under the influence.

For 1. I'm not your SON, I'm most likely alot older than you. 2. Your also driving WITHOUT A LICENSE. You're not valid to drive ANYTHING at all. DMV screw up or not. and with no inspection sticker.... YOU'RE DEFFINTELY NOT VALID TO DRIVE THE BIKE.... Thank you for proving my previous point on blaming EVERYONE but yourself.

Old June 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM   #12
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Woop, thread backfire.

Why can't we all just get along?

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:03 AM   #13
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
bwahahaha, read the title and immediatle thought: How can a cop be cool about pulling you over?

Cop - sup, dawg, i heard you like getting pulled over so imma pull you over while i pull you over
you - awwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

in all cerealness though, wtf are you doing riding with no license and/or those other things? I'm my book this is as stupid as wearing flip flops and shorts while you ride. While gear protects you you from road rash, riding legal protects you from cop rash
lol, nice
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM   #14
Stingray1000

Quote:
Woop, thread backfire.

Why can't we all just get along?
Sometimes tough love is what you need to send you in the right direction, ya know?

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:24 AM   #15
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

@edxmon:...lol...."cop rash"
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:44 AM   #16
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Wait wait wait....you got a dui on a raft? Like, floating down the river raft? Hahahahahaha. Dude, if that's true, that BLOWS. But it's really funny....
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM   #17
prettypistol
ninjette.org member

Name: Sally

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2010 Ninja 250r

That's awesome! It was your lucky day
prettypistol is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM   #18
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla25 View Post
@edxmon:...lol...."cop rash"
I should put it up on urbandictionary.com

Old June 21st, 2012, 02:02 PM   #19
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 :)

I'm just glad someone got thread backfired other then me...unfrotunately that puts me in the same category as drunk raft no license boy :/ FML!
EvilPooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM   #20
Renner
Ignoring Jiggles

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R, '06 Ninja 250R (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
Wait wait wait....you got a dui on a raft? Like, floating down the river raft? Hahahahahaha. Dude, if that's true, that BLOWS. But it's really funny....
LMAO on this...who gets a dui on a raft!!!

AND

Quote:
For 1. I'm not your SON, I'm most likely alot older than you. 2. Your also driving WITHOUT A LICENSE. You're not valid to drive ANYTHING at all. DMV screw up or not. and with no inspection sticker.... YOU'RE DEFFINTELY NOT VALID TO DRIVE THE BIKE.... Thank you for proving my previous point on blaming EVERYONE but yourself.
Plus 1 to you sir!
Renner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 03:15 PM   #21
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

No joke... OP is lookin' at some jail time... (see his other thread). Imagine tough guys doin' time for serious sh!t, and then a dude gets booked up for riding the raft "under the influence"... don't drop the soap, bro..
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 04:48 PM   #22
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Lucky you! The other day I was indicating 55 in a 40, which meant I was really doing 50. A cop driving the other way pulls a U turn and follows me for a mile or two while I maintained the speed limit after I left a light. He hits the lights, writes me down for 60 in a 40 and says "we both know you were really going faster than that". BBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Hence why I'm going to court to fight it.

I guess at least I saved myself a lot of headache by cooperating. Only three words I said to him were "hello sir" and "okay" after he handed me my ticket and instructed me on what to do with it.

I'll gladly pay the fine for 10 over the limit. That's fair, I got caught and it technically is speeding (although most cops around here will give you ten over), but I'm lawyering up.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 05:01 PM   #23
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
Lucky you! The other day I was indicating 55 in a 40, which meant I was really doing 50. A cop driving the other way pulls a U turn and follows me for a mile or two while I maintained the speed limit after I left a light. He hits the lights, writes me down for 60 in a 40 and says "we both know you were really going faster than that". BBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! Hence why I'm going to court to fight it.

I guess at least I saved myself a lot of headache by cooperating. Only three words I said to him were "hello sir" and "okay" after he handed me my ticket and instructed me on what to do with it.

I'll gladly pay the fine for 10 over the limit. That's fair, I got caught and it technically is speeding (although most cops around here will give you ten over), but I'm lawyering up.
If the cop says he used a radar gun, ask to see his alignment certificate for it. That have to have it done every so often and in my state if they dont have it at the time of court they can't prove the radar gun was working properly. jsut a thought.

Old June 21st, 2012, 05:04 PM   #24
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
If the cop says he used a radar gun, ask to see his alignment certificate for it. That have to have it done every so often and in my state if they dont have it at the time of court they can't prove the radar gun was working properly. jsut a thought.
Sounds like he just used the speed match method...in which his speedometer could be wrong.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM   #25
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Quote:
I should put it up on urbandictionary.com
you deff. should
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 21st, 2012, 05:12 PM   #26
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Sounds like he just used the speed match method...in which his speedometer could be wrong.
Complete possibility as well!