ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Notices

Old February 24th, 2020, 05:55 PM   #1
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Small bore adventure

I don't think I ever mentioned this bike I picked up to add to my collection. BMW G310GS. Lightweight adventure. I had my eye on this since it came out and when the stars aligned, I picked one up. The stars aligning consisted of not buying a 2018 model because of some known issues that did get resolved in the 2019 model year, and then finally a good deal appeared. Poof it's in my garage.

I wasn't really looking for an adventure bike that I'm going to head out and do 5000 mile adventures on. Not gonna happen. What I really wanted is a dual sport that's comfortable enough to do a 4-500 mile day if I wanted. This bike fits the bill and is actually kind of unique in the regard.

It's lightweight at 350 lbs dry, 373 lbs wet. Beats the fat turd adventure bikes people are buying. I could actually do single track and pick it up if I drop it. I actually already did drop it. Lightweight bikes rock.

Makes in the range of 30-32 hp in fully restricted stock form at the rear wheel depending on the dyno. That's way more than a CRF250L and about 4hp more than a WR250R. Having ridden both, it feels closer to the WR on the top end with much more torque in the middle.

Feels like it has enough power for me. Then again, my "main" bike is a Z125. Hahah.

Mods I have planned are a Seat Concepts Tall seat, tires will likely be Conti TKC 80s. The OEM tires aren't bad though. I'm not in a hurry to get the TKC 80's but spring is coming soon and I have to get my seat ordered. Not doing the suspension unless I decide the bike will stay in my garage for a while.

This bike doesn't look like it's built to a price point at all.

Beautiful cast aluminum swingarm
Trellis frame
USD 41mm dia forks
Radial mount calipers
Stainless steel brake lines
Brembo made calipers
ABS switchable standard
Gear Indicator
Fuel level indicator
Tires that don't suck

I bolted a Plano double pistol / accessories case to the back rack and it made a nice low profile rear case.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old February 24th, 2020, 07:32 PM   #2
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
damn, nice. i want one.