ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old January 8th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #1
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Arrow Other people make mistakes - Slow down!

Add by the New Zealand Transport Agency

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/about/advert.../mistakes.html

"Last year, 83 people were killed and 408 were seriously injured in speed-related crashes.
Most road users recognize the risks of driving at speed and support police enforcement of the speed limit. But these statistics show that drivers don't always practice this when driving: speed is still a contributing factor in 20% of all fatal and serious injury crashes on New Zealand roads.

This campaign aims to reframe the way that people look at their speed when they're driving. A person may be a good driver but they can't deny that people do make mistakes – after all, to err is only human. And in life, mistakes are made often. We usually get to learn from our mistakes; but not when driving - the road is an exception. Even the smallest of mistakes on the road can cost us our life, or someone else's.

In a Safe System no one should pay for a mistake with their life. When we drive, we share the road with others so the speed a person chooses to travel at needs to leave room for any potential error – whether it is theirs or someone else's. At speed, there is less opportunity for a driver to react to a mistake and recover, and this is the key message for this campaign."

Link to original page on YouTube.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old January 8th, 2014, 03:57 PM   #2
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
That popped up in my Twitter feed this morning.

This highlights why it is so vital to pay attention. People act like they are alone on the roads when in fact we share the roads with a wide variety of users.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2014, 04:23 PM   #3
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Good ad but should state everyone makes mistakes

Last futzed with by DEFY; January 8th, 2014 at 05:29 PM.
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 8th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #4
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
That popped up in my Twitter feed this morning.

This highlights why it is so vital to pay attention. People act like they are alone on the roads when in fact we share the roads with a wide variety of users.
Fact; they are just obsticles that I need to get around and be on my way.

Old January 8th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #5
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Cars braking on dry pavement:

Cars braking on wet pavement:

Old January 10th, 2014, 02:49 AM   #6
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

This guy was driving behind me a few days ago...one second he was headlights in the mirror, the next I heard a crash noise behind me, looked in the mirror, and saw his tail lights spinning to a stop.

He said he didn't remember not turning, or why he had crashed, but said he wasn't doing anything that distracted him.

He was ok other than a pretty good sized blister on his left arm from the air bag. When the police arrived he still wasn't sure if he wanted the paramedics to come or not. He killed the street light though...bad damage to the pole and the light head actually fell off the pole into the street.

I was imagining if the road had curved right instead of left...would he have crossed into the other traffic lanes? Probably not on this road because of the wide center turn lane full of bott's dots...but on a narrow two laner with 2 yellow stripes I could see that happening.

jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #7
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb502 View Post
..........He said he didn't remember not turning, or why he had crashed, but said he wasn't doing anything that distracted him..........
He may have fallen to sleep for a couple of seconds.
I believe that the pole he hit could have ended his life in a snap.

An out of control car is always a scary view, especially if you are following it on a motorcycle:
Last week I was riding on I-95 while raining and following a flock of cars.
A big red SUV attempted changing lanes without any indication and having a car on the blind spot.
Slightly hit that car and went out of control, while the group of cars quickly spread away from it.
I was already slowing down and sorting the other cars when that lady recovered control of the SUV and stopped.

Everything happened surprisingly quickly but on a slippery road and with compact traffic moving at around 70 mph.

Many drivers are incapable of having full control over their cars, and even less drivers have an idea about the huge amount of destructive kinetic energy that a couple of tons moving at 100 feet/second have.

Old January 16th, 2014, 06:48 PM   #8
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Many drivers are incapable of having full control over their cars, and even less drivers have an idea about the huge amount of destructive kinetic energy that a couple of tons moving at 100 feet/second have.
what really comes to mind is how people can allow themselves to be so distracted while driving as a result of their lack of realizing just how much force they're in control of should they end up ramming into anything via texting, being drunk or whatever else.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 7th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #9
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Speeding commerical

First off I want to say I am sorry if someone already posted this, please delete/merge if so. But I saw this commercial and immediately I thought about me on my bike and the rest of you guys on your bikes. This is a commercial in New Zealand about two cars but you could easily make it about a car and a bike.

Please be safe

Old July 7th, 2014, 04:42 PM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 9th, 2014, 01:06 PM   #11
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

too bad all our ads in murika cant be like that.

i mean the best we have would probably be anti smoking ads and even then most ppl are too stupid to pay attention to them.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2015, 11:44 AM   #12
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider