ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 7th, 2014, 10:51 AM   #1
Han Solo 1
ninjette.org guru

Name: Han Solo

Motorcycle(s): Had a 2008 Ninja 250, til some low-life stole it. Now riding a 2013 red cbr250.

So excited, it will be like riding a new bike!

So I got a beautiful 2008 last summer. Black pearl paint with blue decals and wheel stripes.

But to me, black is so boring, and I can't stand the muffler; sounds like a lawnmower to me. I've also been riding around on the ORIGINAL stock IRC tires, which leave much to be desired. Granted, it's only got about 5,000 miles on it, but I don't like the feel of those tires.

So I have ordered a nice Leo Vince slip-on, Diablo Rosso II tires, and I'm getting a paint job done next month. I emailed this picture to my paint guy and he will soon be ordering the green paint, decals, and wheel stripes.

So excited! This thing is going to tear it up this spring!

Edit: Thanks to Live2Ride for the awesome idea!!
Attached Images
File Type: png originaldesigngreen.png (121.0 KB, 15 views)
Han Solo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #2
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

I like that

I want to mention something that was pointed out to me a while back. I also have an '08, and had stock tires on them for a while. A member here mentioned that although they only had about 3000 miles on them, the tires were actually 6 years old. Therefore, the rubber was much older and poopy when compared to a newer tire with the same mileage.

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2014, 11:11 AM   #3
Han Solo 1
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): Had a 2008 Ninja 250, til some low-life stole it. Now riding a 2013 red cbr250.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
I like that

I want to mention something that was pointed out to me a while back. I also have an '08, and had stock tires on them for a while. A member here mentioned that although they only had about 3000 miles on them, the tires were actually 6 years old. Therefore, the rubber was much older and poopy when compared to a newer tire with the same mileage.
I agree with that. I see little cracks in the sidewalls, and made up my mind to replace them before I begin commuting again this year.

I know the Diablo Rosso II's aren't the best for commuting, if I'm looking for long life, but they get such awesome reviews for their stickiness, and I'm going to be doing some canyon carving this year, so I figured I'd go with those.

Old February 8th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #4
c-dog
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Cool man. That will end up looking awesome. Can't wait to see the pics of the finished bike. Which Leo Vince are you getting?
c-dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2014, 05:17 PM   #5
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Very cool. And actually, the DRii tires ought to be pretty great for commuting. They do have the harder compound in the middle, and the 250 is so light on power, that it hardly eats on them at all. I had them on my 300 for about 1000mi and one track day before I sold it, and they really did change the bike. At the end of that 1000 miles, the tires looked brand new.

Have fun with the new baby!
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 8th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #6
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
Very cool. And actually, the DRii tires ought to be pretty great for commuting. They do have the harder compound in the middle, and the 250 is so light on power, that it hardly eats on them at all. I had them on my 300 for about 1000mi and one track day before I sold it, and they really did change the bike. At the end of that 1000 miles, the tires looked brand new.

Have fun with the new baby!
You sir, just sold me on a pair of Pirelli's this spring. I had been on the fence between them and BT-45 Bridgestones which last longer. I'd rather not have to invest in a set of tires and then down the road when I sell the bike next fall need to invest in another set that I wouldn't get much use out of.

Nice paint job! With the looks, sound, and feel of the bike being so different you'll probably fall in love with your bike all over again.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Han Solo 1
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-dog View Post
Cool man. That will end up looking awesome. Can't wait to see the pics of the finished bike. Which Leo Vince are you getting?
GP Corsa. Hopefully it will be here in the next couple days.

And looking forward to trying the Pirelli's!