ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 19th, 2022, 12:08 PM   #1
Rumple_45
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jakob

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2011

[Kawasaki 250R 2011] Engine sounding weird? "knocking", and random metal "ticking" so

Engine sound
https://imgur.com/a/nVTflI6

What jumps to you when hearing the engine? Anything I should focus on fixing or is everything fine?

Thank you
Rumple_45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2022, 09:10 PM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Hi and Welcome!!!

What's history behind his bike?
What kind of maintenance in past year?
Did these sounds occur gradually or suddenly?

I'd start with doing valve-clearance measurement, then adjustment if necessary. Then follow compression-test. That'll give us some numbers to work with.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 19th, 2022, 11:18 PM   #3
Rumple_45
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jakob

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Hi and Welcome!!!

What's history behind his bike?
What kind of maintenance in past year?
Did these sounds occur gradually or suddenly?

I'd start with doing valve-clearance measurement, then adjustment if necessary. Then follow compression-test. That'll give us some numbers to work with.
Hi and thanks It is simply wonderful here, been learning a lot already.

It has "19,000" on the dash, I honestly couldnt tell you what that means, we use "mil" here in Sweden so 19,000 "mil" of sorts?
I have used it as a daily through the 2 years of owning it. And I have not done a valve clearance check or adjustment on it, nor have have a adjusted possible chain slack. I just change the oil but I realized I havent been changing the oil filter or air filter so something nasty must making the screw jiggle sound in the engine?

The "knocking sound" gradually grew more audible and the little loose screw "ticking" sound came suddently but its barely audible so I'm not sure if its been there long.
Rumple_45 is offline   Reply With Quote