ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #401
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrain View Post
Not often, but Newark really isn't that far for me to get to. Whenever I go back to visit campus, I take the back way in, via route 896. Much nicer ride than 95

You ever make it up to Philly? We had a good little group that got together, but it's been awhile since we've really done anything.
YES! we need to organize soon! i am getting the new bike inspected and doing oil change this week and i am good for a couple hours riding (w breaks) before my achlles gets sore. we need to get the band back together!!!!

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #402
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Not often, but Newark really isn't that far for me to get to. Whenever I go back to visit campus, I take the back way in, via route 896. Much nicer ride than 95

You ever make it up to Philly? We had a good little group that got together, but it's been awhile since we've really done anything.
I don't really get to philly too often, too hectic on 95 but something could be worked out. I live right off 896!
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #403
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '04 Aprilia RSV, '10 Bonneville, '10 Ninjette

Maybe one friday night or Saturday coming up, we can work something out.

Gotta get Tim and Eddie off their asses Met Tim at te Abbeye once or twice over the winter, but that's it.

Jon,that would be cool. Post up if you're gonna be riding (even just a weekday evening or something). We can either organize something bigger, or I'll head down myself. Love those roads back by you.

Old May 16th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #404
Stingray1000

Quote:
Jon,that would be cool. Post up if you're gonna be riding (even just a weekday evening or something). We can either organize something bigger, or I'll head down myself. Love those roads back by you.
I'll let you know. I work for Comcast so till june 10th I work Tuesday thru Sat till 10pm after june 10th I work mon thru fri till 9pm! Weekends off BABY yea!

Old June 24th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #405
Hunsy34
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 2016 Ninja 300 1994 KTM 300 EXC

I live in the allentown area north of philly anyone looking to ride at some point that is close by?
Hunsy34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #406
stinknugget
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja two fiddy

Holy crap.

What happend to the Philly riders thread? We used to be on the top of page one consistenly. Now were in the middle of page two?

I guess it's because i haven't been posting much.

Let's get a good group ride going. Weathers going to stop acting like the Sahara soon so we should plan something out.

I was out in Lancaster over the weekend and there were some wicked ass twisties id love to hit. Any takers? If you have one of our numbers hit us up.

Jeremy....Stop treating bikes like underwear. Im jealous. A little birdy (with a shark bite on his leg) informed me that you just got another one. Can't wait to check it out.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #407
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

You went on vacation and haven't showed up for the last few get-togethers. That's what happened. You happy now? lol

Yeah, I got an '07 Speed Triple, but I don't think it'll be around long. Fiance and I are looking to save up for a house, so it'll probably be up for sale in the next few weeks.

Hopefully the heat goes away soon. I'll be gone most of August, but maybe we can work something out in the next couple weeks for a Thursday night or something.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #408
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

I'd be up for a Lancaster run. Saturdays might be tough for me, but I'll do what I can.

Old July 18th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #409
stinknugget
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja two fiddy

Quote:
You went on vacation and haven't showed up for the last few get-togethers. That's what happened. You happy now? lol

Yeah, I got an '07 Speed Triple, but I don't think it'll be around long. Fiance and I are looking to save up for a house, so it'll probably be up for sale in the next few weeks.

Hopefully the heat goes away soon. I'll be gone most of August, but maybe we can work something out in the next couple weeks for a Thursday night or something.
98% of me was sold on moving to Bermuda permanently. The other two percent that brought me back?

My son and my bike. (Not necessarily in that order lol)

Yea my Saturdays are hit or miss anymore. Have to rally some of the troops and get a better timeframe.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #410
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

I'm sure we can get a weeknight. Jae is back in the saddle and riding everywhere. Haven't seen Eddie since the trip to that weird market he wanted to go to

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #411
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

well this weekend is bad for me as i have a stunt gig playing a lobster man in a power rangers-esque movie and im onset thursday to monday...
i may be trading my cbr for an 06 r6 anniversary edition soon too. a dealership wants to swap w me... cbr's apparently sell bettr...

im always down to ride, just say when and if im not working im in!

Old July 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM   #412
7257MELROSE
ninjette.org newbie

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2008 NINJA 250R

Any of yall good at tuning 250r's? Just hooked up full yoshamura exhaust, factory pro jet kit, and took out the air box and kleen air system. Put in the 115 main jet, 38 pilot, 2.5 turned out with 2 washers under with the e-clip in the third position. But still needs to be fine tuned and need help doing it.
7257MELROSE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM   #413
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

NEW BIKE ALERT!

sold the cbr600rr and bought this beauty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (107.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (109.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg downsized_0729021519a.jpg (52.7 KB, 5 views)

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:15 AM   #414
rcouch358
Toasted.

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE Green

Sup guys, im a new 2011 Ninjette owner. I live in Cherry Hill, like 15 mins from Philly. I ride pretty much every day and all weekend so if anyone is ever around or is setting up a meet let me know!!
rcouch358 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:32 AM   #415
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Jae, I musta missed the update email from this thread. The bike looks sweet!

Ryan, we've got a good group of guys. Need to get together again. I'm headed out on that ride to Canada on the 11th, but maybe we can squeeze something in next week before I leave.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM   #416
rcouch358
Toasted.

Good to hear. Dang all the way to Canada? Quite the hike lol

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM   #417
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

hey guys i know next thursday is the last bike nite of the summer for cycle gear. i have a fight rehearsal that day but should be able to get out to CG that night.

welcome ryan

and i am down to ride whenever. doing an oil change today and putting on some parts that the bike needed. ready to go after

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM   #418
rcouch358
Toasted.

Thanks man. That R6 is hot... probably will be getting one for next season but in blue What would you say the major differences between the 600RR and the R6 are? Im a big fan of CBRs GSXRs and R6s... but not 100% which i'd like most. As of now its an R6.

I know literally nothing about bike meets, up to now im only in the car scene (i have a modded g35 coupe), but I would really like to get involved.
Whats the deal with the Cycle Gear meet? Wheres it located?

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:02 AM   #419
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsy34 View Post
I live in the allentown area north of philly anyone looking to ride at some point that is close by?
I live in Bethlehem which is pretty close to Allentown. I'd be down for a group ride whenever
jdv5074 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:12 AM   #420
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Cycle Gear is in Springfield PA if you want to google map it. Every month they have a bike nite from 6-9pm and they have free food, giveaways, a dj and a raffle. Thats where I met quite a few of the guys we ride with now. There was 4 of us at the first bike nite last year, nowadays they get 30-40 people out there. they also have some really good deals on gear.

anyone interested in meeting up should def try to make it out next thursday.

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:16 AM   #421
rcouch358
Toasted.

Not bad, 40 mins from me. Ill most likely try to make it out. I only have my permit at the moment so i'll be going on I-95 illegally but oh well :P
Already went down the shore with the bike last weekend so no biggie

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM   #422
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouch358 View Post
Thanks man. That R6 is hot... probably will be getting one for next season but in blue What would you say the major differences between the 600RR and the R6 are? Im a big fan of CBRs GSXRs and R6s... but not 100% which i'd like most. As of now its an R6.
I started w a 2010 ninja 250, great fun bike to learn and get comfortable on. Wanted the R6 or a ZX6R after that... bought a cbr600rr cuz it was riding season and i had no bike and got a good deal on it. for me the cbr is a great street bike, but i am def more into the race bike feel. the riding position is a little more upright on the cbr, the clip on bars have risers on them raising the bars above the triple, which i dont like. the stock rearsets are a bit more forward and lower too. i like to corner out of the seat and i was never really confortable doing it on the cbr, it seemed to take more work to get into a good cornering position. the r6 it just feels natural to me when i slide off the seat my knee locks into the tank and i can really hang off effortlessly.

the second big thing is the powerband. the cbr has good power that is even from cracking open the throttle all the way thru to redline... it def has an advantage at the start this way. the r6 starts a bit slow off the line, but when you hit 6500rpms the powerband kicks in and the bike just PULLS like a beast. the redline on the r6 is higher than the cbr also. on the track you only start once so the slow start doesnt really hurt the r6 too much esp when you can compensate as soon as you hit 2nd gear.

to me the r6 is a track/race bike that they threw some lights and signal on and called it street... the cbr is a good handling sporty street bike.

i havent ridden a zx6r yet, if i bought one it would have to be an 09 up after they revamped the model making it lighter, faster, and more competitive. they shortened the wheelbase on the 09 too giving it better cornering ability... plus the 09 ups come with alot of performance parts stock.

hope that helps... and this is just my opinion.
i have never ridden a gsxr as there is a stigma attached to them that its a squid bike... any noob who doesnt know squat but wants to look cool buys a "gixxer" and proceeds to ride it in his shorts, flip flops, tank top and no helmet... and usually drops it on for the first time on his way out of the dealership LOL

Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #423
rcouch358
Toasted.

Thanks for the info, very helpful. One of the things I like in a bike is how far it makes you lean, I absolutely hate sitting straight up, like on my Ninja most of the time lol. Im a tall guy (6'1) but also very light at like 160lbs. I sat on a friend of mine's R1 at work and was amazed at how small they were. I really like the way they feel. I guess that I too am into the race bike feel, but I wasnt really aware that the CBR and R6 were such different styles. And id definitely prefer a stronger powerband in the higher RPMs than steady power throughout.

I still need to sit on a GSXR though. I agree too many noobs buy them and crash like idiots, but that happens with all bikes :P They are so sexy though...

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:20 PM   #424
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Good to hear. Dang all the way to Canada? Quite the hike lol
It will be 4 or 5k miles at least over 3 weeks. Across northeast Canada, into Newfoundland, then nova scotia. I'll post up pics when I get back. Google the Trans Labrador highway to see where I'll be.

I can probably make Thursday night at cycle gear. Anybody else gonna make it?

Tim, get out of your basement and meet up!

Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:36 PM   #425
rcouch358
Toasted.

Damn. Thats pretty bold man, im sure itt'l be amazing though. Which bike are you taking?

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:34 PM   #426
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Quote:
Sup guys, im a new 2011 Ninjette owner. I live in Cherry Hill, like 15 mins from Philly. I ride pretty much every day and all weekend so if anyone is ever around or is setting up a meet let me know!!
I'm around you, if you ever need help with maintenance or anything like that hit me up. Sucks that Cycle World is closed now.
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2012, 08:35 PM   #427
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Quote:
It will be 4 or 5k miles at least over 3 weeks. Across northeast Canada, into Newfoundland, then nova scotia. I'll post up pics when I get back. Google the Trans Labrador highway to see where I'll be.

I can probably make Thursday night at cycle gear. Anybody else gonna make it?

Tim, get out of your basement and meet up!
Nice!

I took my CBR cross-country this past July. Did 6239 miles in 13 days and did the way back from Sacramento to Philly in 4 days, with an Iron Butt tossed in there.

Was quite the trip, and my friend rode passenger to LA then Sacramento.

etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #428
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Damn. Thats pretty bold man, im sure itt'l be amazing though. Which bike are you taking?
Lol, I don't actually have any of the bikes listed in my profile anymore. They're all sold and I keep forgetting to update it.

I'll be riding an 07 KLR. There's a pretty large stretch (250 miles) of unpaved road, plus whatever else we decide to explore off the beaten path. The other person going with me is on a Suzuki DRZ 400.

Old August 4th, 2012, 03:53 AM   #429
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
Nice!

I took my CBR cross-country this past July. Did 6239 miles in 13 days and did the way back from Sacramento to Philly in 4 days, with an Iron Butt tossed in there.
That's some serious mileage. Don't think I'll get that high, although I may clock in higher than my estimate above once. That is just the main route we're following. I'm sure there will be some detours and other side routes thrown in.

I didn't get certified or anything, but I did 1k straight home from Florida in February on the KLR. All highway, which sucked!!!

Old August 4th, 2012, 03:56 AM   #430
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

So who is in for Thursday night at cycle gear? Sounds like Jae was gonna make it. It's more of a meet up and hang out thing, but we usually do a short ride afterwards.

Like Jae mentioned, cycle gear is on Baltimore Pike in Springfield. Just a fee miles off 95 and the Blue Route (I-476).

Old August 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #431
rcouch358
Toasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
I'm around you, if you ever need help with maintenance or anything like that hit me up. Sucks that Cycle World is closed now.
Yeah it does suck. Thanks man, appreciate it. Think im going to try shimming my needles today but hopefully I should be fine :P

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:11 PM   #432
Hunsy34
ninjette.org member

Anyone able to ride that's in the allentown/quakertown area tomorrow?

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #433
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Back from Canada. Who's riding? Who wants to buy a KLR 650?

Old September 5th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #434
Hunsy34
ninjette.org member

Any one up to ride friday anytime?

Old September 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #435
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Back from Canada. Who's riding? Who wants to buy a KLR 650?
a dual sport??? wth? lol

what else are u riding this week???

i may be up to ride tonite

Old September 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #436
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Can't tonight, but maybe Thursday night or maybe Saturday during the day?

Old September 5th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #437
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Quote:
Can't tonight, but maybe Thursday night or maybe Saturday during the day?
tonite we had like 10 guys out! are you on facebook Jeremy? we have a group called DelVal Sportbike Riders that you and anyone else in the tri state area should find and "like" to keep up w group rides.

saturday during the day i am taking my son to his first mini moto race at sandy hook speedway in maryland so i will be there all day, then sunday im hitting njmp for the AMA races w my fiance and my son.

heres pics from the firs run, we went back to art museum and met up w 3 more guys after this airport run
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0905022230.jpg (95.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 0905022232a.jpg (75.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 0905022234.jpg (90.5 KB, 2 views)

Old September 6th, 2012, 02:55 AM   #438
Black Rabbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinknugget View Post
Holy crap.

What happend to the Philly riders thread? We used to be on the top of page one consistenly. Now were in the middle of page two?

I guess it's because i haven't been posting much.

Let's get a good group ride going. Weathers going to stop acting like the Sahara soon so we should plan something out.

I was out in Lancaster over the weekend and there were some wicked ass twisties id love to hit. Any takers? If you have one of our numbers hit us up.

Jeremy....Stop treating bikes like underwear. Im jealous. A little birdy (with a shark bite on his leg) informed me that you just got another one. Can't wait to check it out.
let me know if you wanna ride lancaster again, thats where i live and I know a bunch of twisties, but i only know Harley guys. I would love to ride witth some fellow 250's. Ill even come down to philly let me know!
Black Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #439
Stingray1000

Hey guys for anyone Interested I created a FB page for our area's Group rides. I'm going to make 1 or 2 people admin's in each area. I'll be the admin for northern DE, @Minikin_Jo is gonna be the admin for northern, MD. @koenigcitizen will be the admin for south eastern, MD and southern DE. I was thinking about making @rmorse the admin for south western,and central, MD and @Miles_Prower the admin for south central (SOUTH SIDE! lol), PA I need one for Philly and 1 for Central/South Jersey and North Jersey (North Jersey was thinking about @nycsteve if he ever joins FB lol) If anyone has any idea's or plans let me know!

Join here

Old September 6th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #440
Black Rabbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

wouldnt it be easier to make a facebook group? that way everyone gets notified when new info gets put up. Its also a lot more organized as well.
Black Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote