ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #1
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

tall guy question.

Hey guys, I'm 6'1" I'm not saying that the lil ninja is not comfortable, but what are good mods for me to give me a much more comfortable bike, Thanks!
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I'm 6'2" and just recently I took 2-3 layers of 3m tape and attached it to the bottom of the seat where it rests on the metal bracket for the gas tank. I found that this made the stock seat much more comfortable by raising the front of it a little. I had a problem with sliding to the tank all the time and some pinching if you get my drift, this helped. You will have to press the seat down a little when screwing it back in since the holes are slightly raised after it.

Old May 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #3
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Hey guys, I'm 6'1" I'm not saying that the lil ninja is not comfortable, but what are good mods for me to give me a much more comfortable bike, Thanks!
perhaps if you elaborate on what is uncomfortable about the ninjette, we can make some suggestions.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #4
kaiserz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
I'm 6'2" and just recently I took 2-3 layers of 3m tape and attached it to the bottom of the seat where it rests on the metal bracket for the gas tank. I found that this made the stock seat much more comfortable by raising the front of it a little. I had a problem with sliding to the tank all the time and some pinching if you get my drift, this helped. You will have to press the seat down a little when screwing it back in since the holes are slightly raised after it.
Thanks! it does happen all the time.

@kkim, just riding comfort in general, maybe some tips and stuff, i read that some people get clip-ons and rearsets does that really help?

Old May 6th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #5
kkim

yes, they seem to "open" up the rider cockpit and makes the bike feel "bigger". Those, along with a Corbin seat, really transforms the bike to a larger feeling platform.

Old May 7th, 2011, 06:24 AM   #6
kaiserz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
yes, they seem to "open" up the rider cockpit and makes the bike feel "bigger". Those, along with a Corbin seat, really transforms the bike to a larger feeling platform.
I've always wanted to get rearsets but does clip-ons really do that? i don't really get why people get clipons.

Old May 7th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #7
kkim

find someone in your area that has some and see for yourself. have you read this DIY and subsequent comments?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12960

Old May 7th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #8
kaiserz

Thanks kelly! i read it and it was very imformative! you're awesome bro