ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 1st, 2017, 11:42 PM   #1
Triguy1995
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 '07. Shadow 650 '97

ninja flooding while driving

Hi folks,
I've lurked on the forum before, but just made an account, because I can't find any threads with the same issue.

Basically I did some maintainance to my bike a couple weeks ago including changing the spark plugs. I used feeler gauges and the ones I put in were spaced correctly. It ran correctly.

Then I went to the racetrack and crashed it, breaking off a handlebar, leaving the bike parked for a week.

Today I fixed her up and in the process started her up alright. When I went to start it after it would not start, seemingly flooded I tried turning the gas off and she powered right up. About two minutes down the road she bogged down and died. I turned off the gas and it started again. Basically I wound up driving around, with the engine starting to bog to a stop every half mile and me turning the gas off and on as I went, allowing me to keep riding and regaining power.

I am assuming the engine is flooding while I'm driving, does anyone know why?

Both exhausts seem hot, and I reached in and the spark plugs seem to be In snug.

Any thoughts would be great, as I am planning as of now to pull off the gas tank and check if the plugs are firing

Thanks guys
Triguy1995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2017, 06:28 AM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I'd check the carburetor float valves first.

It's good to meet you, Joe.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote