ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old November 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Renting a race-prepped Ninjette for the day

If folks don't want to risk their own Ninjettes at the track, or if non-ninjette owners want to see what all the fuss is about, here's your answer: RaceBikeRentals.com

For $250/day, just show up at the track with your leathers and you have a race-prepped ninjette ready to go. Free gas, free tires, and you just ride. Or even race!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg racebikerentals.jpg (28.0 KB, 15 views)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 03:23 PM   #2
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

Richard runs a great program. He had his bikes out at Buttonwillow a couple weeks ago with about 3-4 more of us with our own 250s.
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #3
daddysmut
noob

Name: lenny

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r, 01 R1, 99 CBR600, KTM625smc, KTM525smr, YSR50 Haga rep, Ninja 500r, CPI gtr150, fiddies

that's an awesome option for riders!!! especially if you consider the price of tires that you will spend on a track day.
daddysmut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #4
kkim

Yep... and Richard is a great guy to boot. I don't know how he can offer these bikes at these prices and still survive. I hope to use his services sometime next year if I can arrange a trip up the Ahnold land for a track day weekend.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 10:29 AM   #5
daddysmut
noob

Name: lenny

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r, 01 R1, 99 CBR600, KTM625smc, KTM525smr, YSR50 Haga rep, Ninja 500r, CPI gtr150, fiddies

i would imagine that he would rely on the fact that MOST riders that rent a 250 on the track would be a novice/entry level rider. a rider not looking to set times or prove anything to anyone out there but rather learn the basics. that equates to very little tire wear and the chances of crashing would be cut severely.

it's a great idea
daddysmut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #6
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddysmut View Post
it's a great idea
obviously so, as the bikes are signed up for many events in advance.

Old November 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #7
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Quote:
i would imagine that he would rely on the fact that MOST riders that rent a 250 on the track would be a novice/entry level rider. a rider not looking to set times or prove anything to anyone out there but rather learn the basics. that equates to very little tire wear and the chances of crashing would be cut severely.

it's a great idea
One of the guys that rented one of Richard's bike last I was out at the track was pretty quick! Definately not first timer.

I dunno if new riders renting bikes would cut down on the crashes though. The track presents a new environment and it's not that hard to get yourself in hot water at the atrack with little experience, even on a 250. I've had my share of butt puckering moments already.

Old November 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #8
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
I've had my share of butt puckering moments already.
...your version of "spider sense"?

Old November 28th, 2008, 11:31 AM   #9
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Yep. Sphincter sense is tingling! lean more!!

Old November 28th, 2008, 12:35 PM   #10
kkim

Quote:
I do hope you're talking about riding a bike!

Old November 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #11
Felix
ninjette.org member

Name: Felix

Motorcycle(s): 08 ZX6R

Quote:
that's an awesome option for riders!!! especially if you consider the price of tires that you will spend on a track day.
I'm looking at doing my first track day soon, just wondering if you could expand on this statement. Do you tear through rubber on the track?

Sorry for the hijack.

Felix
Felix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #12
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
Do you tear through rubber on the track?
Depends on the bike, the tires, the track, and your pace. On my 10R, I get 2 or 3 trackdays out of a new rear tire, and 4 or 5 trackdays out of a new front. I'd imagine the tires on a ninjette would last a little longer, and they are also a bit cheaper so tire expenses would be lower overall on the 250.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old November 29th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #13
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): Bunch of em

Awesome thread & thanks for the kind words

I'm seeing 800 miles of track use out of my BT016s and they still have plenty left. I go ahead and swap em out just out of guilt, lol. They could probably go 1000 miles on the track no problem. The BT090s don't last nearly as long... about half that. But, that's still a hell of a lot of miles on a track bike.

Alex, good luck with the site. I'll do my best to spread the word and get some quality people over here, yo.
RaceBikeRentals is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #14
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceBikeRentals View Post
Alex, good luck with the site. I'll do my best to spread the word and get some quality people over here, yo.
Thx Richard! Glad to have you here.

Old November 29th, 2008, 03:24 PM   #15
kkim

Quote:
Awesome thread & thanks for the kind words

I'm seeing 800 miles of track use out of my BT016s and they still have plenty left. I go ahead and swap em out just out of guilt, lol. They could probably go 1000 miles on the track no problem. The BT090s don't last nearly as long... about half that. But, that's still a hell of a lot of miles on a track bike.

Richard!!!!!

About time you made it, man!! I know all you do is lay around the house sipping Mai tais all day counting your money as it stacks up.

You really need to get some ambition and do something with your life, son... perhaps do some "real" work someday??

Seriously, glad to you made it over and hope I'll be seeing you some time next year.

Aloha and mahalo for joining in,

kelly

Last futzed with by kkim; December 1st, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

Old November 29th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #16
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
I'm seeing 800 miles of track use out of my BT016s
What sizes are you running F/R for the 016's? Looks like they make a 110/70/17 front, but for the rear the smallest is a 150. Are you putting a 120/70/17 front onto the rear rim?

Quote:
The BT090s don't last nearly as long... about half that.
I'm curious about the rear size for the 090's as well. The front looks like the OEM size, but the closest rear is a 140/70/17, does that fit on the rim?

Thx!

Old November 29th, 2008, 05:24 PM   #17
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix View Post
Do you tear through rubber on the track?
ROTFL!
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM   #18
kkim

Richard,

You have a schedule of where and when the bikes will be available for sometime after March 09?

Old December 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM   #19
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Richard!!!!!

About time you made it, man!! I know all you do is lay around the house sipping Mai tais all day counting your money as it stacks up.

You really need to get some ambition and do something with your life, son... perhaps do some "real" work someday??

Seriously, glad to you made it over and hope I'll be seeing you some time next year.

Aloha and mahalo for joining in,

kelly
If you saw me on a race weekend wiping everyone's ass, Kelly, you wouldn't be saying these things. You ever check the tire pressure on 14 tires in 10 minutes??? Everything takes a week!

Old December 1st, 2008, 06:53 PM   #20
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
What sizes are you running F/R for the 016's? Looks like they make a 110/70/17 front, but for the rear the smallest is a 150. Are you putting a 120/70/17 front onto the rear rim?

I'm curious about the rear size for the 090's as well. The front looks like the OEM size, but the closest rear is a 140/70/17, does that fit on the rim?

Thx!
Alex, the 140 090 rear fits just fine, and I am running 016s with 110 front and 150 rear. The 150 rears are a tight fit, and they leave a little chicken strip, but dayum I love those tires! I put 090s on my bike last month for Saturday's practice. These things had been sold out for months and I couldn't wait to put them on. Did one practice session and pulled them off and put 016s on. So much nicer. The 090s feel like how Rossi's concrete tires must feel. I hate em. Just personal preference, I guess. I'm sure the 150 rear slows down the steering geometry of the bike, but unless you're on an extremely tight track, I think the effect is negligible.

Old December 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM   #21
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Quote:
Richard,

You have a schedule of where and when the bikes will be available for sometime after March 09?
Kelly - I do have the calender up:

http://racebikerentals.com/reservations.htm

Lots to choose from! Hope you can make it out. Just let me know when you're thinking about it and what I can do to assist. I moved 220 miles north of LA, but if you can catch an Amtrak up to my place, or we can time it right, you're welcome to stay in our guest room JUST BRING POKE!

Old December 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM   #22
kkim

Quote:
Kelly - I do have the calender up:

http://racebikerentals.com/reservations.htm

Lots to choose from! Hope you can make it out. Just let me know when you're thinking about it and what I can do to assist. I moved 220 miles north of LA, but if you can catch an Amtrak up to my place, or we can time it right, you're welcome to stay in our guest room JUST BRING POKE!
Thank you , sir. So many things to juggle to make the trip happen... some of which I have no control over at the moment, so we'll see. Like a noob, I looked at your site after I posted and saw the schedule. I see some Vegas dates too, but they are not learning type track school sessions are they? I need to start at the very beginning with this.

Where did you move? 220 miles north of LA puts it about midway between SF and LA? PM me if you don't want to publicly disclose.

hmmm... would poke last in a small ice container? maybe... maybe.

Old December 1st, 2008, 07:48 PM   #23
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Poke Day... I like that. Its a good thing I don't have a ready supply of the stuff anywhere near me.

I'm in Morro Bay now, and you are correct, just between LA and SF. The OC was just getting a bit too wannabee-ish for me, so we leased the house out and moved to a nice spot on the beach in Morro. Better access to all the NorCal tracks, too!

I know schedules are hard to work around, especially with a 5 hour flight involved, but hope you can put it together brah!

Old December 1st, 2008, 07:49 PM   #24
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

For the school thing, I would recommend a Willow Springs weekend. Track is much easier to learn than the other tracks & the school is cheap and happens every Saturday during a race weekend

Old December 1st, 2008, 08:03 PM   #25
kkim

Quote:
Poke Day... I like that. Its a good thing I don't have a ready supply of the stuff anywhere near me.

I'm in Morro Bay now, and you are correct, just between LA and SF. The OC was just getting a bit too wannabee-ish for me, so we leased the house out and moved to a nice spot on the beach in Morro. Better access to all the NorCal tracks, too!

I know schedules are hard to work around, especially with a 5 hour flight involved, but hope you can put it together brah!
Here, ya go!!!

I'll do my best. Looking forward to seeing you and the wife, again. Trying to convince my GF to make the trip, too.

Quote:
For the school thing, I would recommend a Willow Springs weekend. Track is much easier to learn than the other tracks & the school is cheap and happens every Saturday during a race weekend
WS is located just north of LA, correct? I have relatives in SF, so maybe I can incorporate all that I need to do into a single trip.

mahalo, brah!!

Old December 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM   #26
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Yeah willow springs is about an hour or so north of LA.

Old December 2nd, 2008, 09:57 AM   #27
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Quote:
Here, ya go!!!

I'll do my best. Looking forward to seeing you and the wife, again. Trying to convince my GF to make the trip, too.

WS is located just north of LA, correct? I have relatives in SF, so maybe I can incorporate all that I need to do into a single trip.

mahalo, brah!!
Just stop by here on your way to the airport, Kelly

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ai_Hawaii.html

Bring the GF (not wife yet????) out and we'll have a blast. She would love the track, right? Lili sure does.... cold, windy, noisy, dusty, dirty, black widows everywhere, obnoxious guys missing teeth with tattoos, etc. LOLOL

Old December 2nd, 2008, 12:06 PM   #28
kkim

Quote:
Bring the GF (not wife yet????) out and we'll have a blast. She would love the track, right? Lili sure does.... cold, windy, noisy, dusty, dirty, black widows everywhere, obnoxious guys missing teeth with tattoos, etc. LOLOL
wow, you talkin about your new house???

..and pleeeeese!!! you trying to get me in trouble w/ the GF with the wife talk!!!? damn, son we need to have a serious talk when I get there.

GF was planning to go to the track... talk her up about the conditions and maybe she and Lili will decide to skip it that weekend. ...or is Lili your pit crew?

Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM   #29
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Quote:
wow, you talkin about your new house???

..and pleeeeese!!! you trying to get me in trouble w/ the GF with the wife talk!!!? damn, son we need to have a serious talk when I get there.

GF was planning to go to the track... talk her up about the conditions and maybe she and Lili will decide to skip it that weekend. ...or is Lili your pit crew?
Time to man up, like I did, buddy. Its been how long???

I'm sure Lili could be persuaded to skip the weekend with your gf unit, but she likes being at the track with her HUSBAND I did find her tightening left side control bolts once with an allen wrench

Old December 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM   #30
kkim

Quote:
Time to man up, like I did, buddy. Its been how long???

I'm sure Lili could be persuaded to skip the weekend with your gf unit, but she likes being at the track with her HUSBAND I did find her tightening left side control bolts once with an allen wrench
Damn... keep talking like that and I'll have to rethink this trip altogether.

Old December 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM   #31
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

I'm just jealous because you're still getting away with it and I couldn't pull it off any longer.

Old December 2nd, 2008, 04:08 PM   #32
kkim

Quote:
I'm just jealous because you're still getting away with it and I couldn't pull it off any longer.
shhhh ... don't jinx me!

don't wanna end up...

lol... hope we can make the trip. I think the gf would love it, no matter what the marital circumstances.

Old December 7th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #33
Kolya1981
Generic User Title

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): Green 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, Slate 2009 Triumph StreetTriple R

Must need this on East Coast! Any one know of anything similar on this side of the States?

Old December 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM   #34
stevenz1g
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Wow, excellent deal. If it were a little closer I'd totally be up for that program.
stevenz1g is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2009, 11:05 PM   #35
rooshio
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r - Lime Green

i think maybe i missed something... the idea is "not having to risk your own bike", however they hold you financially responsible for all damages in the case of a crash...
rooshio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2009, 11:09 PM   #36
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Right, but his little bikes crash very cheaply on the track. Even if you do go down, your out of pocket costs are likely to be much cheaper than if you did the same thing on your own streetbike. And Richard doesn't need to fix a crashed bike back to showroom perfect / pristine condition; it just needs to be repaired to track-safe condition, making any incurred repair costs lower than you might expect. They have no lights, no blinkers, and track plastics on them. All that needs to be replaced in many cases is the pegs, the levers and maybe the bar ends...