ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old June 4th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Beast
Pure Imagination

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

Ti2TT Track Day at Streets of Willow Saturday! (6/6/09)

Joseph (Kurosaki) and I will be there I just did some test footage with my new Go Pro Wide and it's awesome. Can't wait to use it Saturday! Ride report to follow.

**EDIT
Write-up coming today

Last futzed with by Beast; June 8th, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Beast
Pure Imagination

Well here is the write-up...

...a week later I was procrastinating because I wanted to edit the footage from my GoPro Wide, but I didn't get around to it. I'm just going to upload the raw footage to Vimeo and leave it be.

6/6/09
The conditions were excellent! 72 degrees. Winds were a bit high, but the conditions were partly cloudly which evenly lit the the track. There was no fighting the sun for visibility in the afternoon. Originally, I was supposed to go to this Ti2TT day with Joseph (Kurosaki), however, because of his recent crash (he's okay ) he had to sit it out. Thankfully, members from the SocalMoto board were there to keep me company Great bunch of folks by the way.

This was my first day riding with my Woodcraft clip-ons and I felt right at home. I agree with most of the reviews that they give you a slightly more aggressive stance without the sharp transition to full back breaking clip-ons on a supersport. The best of both worlds I guess . In any case, I immediately felt more of the road through the front end. I also found that the transition to more aggressive body positioning was easier with the new angles the clip-ons provided. That part might be just me and the fact that I'm more comfortable on the track now, but I definitely felt a difference.

Because the track pavement wasn't boiling from the sun (it was quite "cold" actually), the life of my BT-090's were prolonged. When I went to the check my tires at the end of the day, I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of substantial wear. I was running 27.5 psi all around.

Overall very few crashes for the day, but I did run into two consecutive close calls...both on turn 2. I'm not sure what was happening but I wasn't focusing and put on too much throttle while exiting the turn, ran wide, and did some off-roading By the next session, I corrected my mistakes and it never happened again. You'll see those two moments (including my frustrated body language haha) when I upload the video today.

On turn 3 (right after the decline), I ended up dragging my kickstand on a few occasions, not really realizing it until I checked it when the session was over (a nice ground edge). I know this is a bad thing, but I never felt it on the track. I might need to take it easy on those left-handers unless I feel ready to cut it off

Here are some shots from the day:

Kurosaki and I are almost separated at birth (see 3rd image) Although I think I'm tucked lower hehe.

Last futzed with by Beast; June 16th, 2009 at 09:50 AM.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #3
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

So you think you're fast now or somethin'? You need to draw a madface on your bike like me. That will make you truly fast.

Look good out there, buddy! I regret cancelling my day. I figured I wouldn't be recovered by then...

Can't wait to hit the track with you again. 250 battling is fun!
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 01:47 PM   #4
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

P.S. I can tell those clipons help you get your upper body lower. I'd be eating my knuckles with my stock bars if I was that low.

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #5
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

beautiful shots! and hopefully that kick stand doesn't raise any problems in the future =/
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM   #6
batukapur
ninjette.org member

Name: Batu

Motorcycle(s): ZXR250 C6

Nice shots & panning! I kinda like beast's color scheme.. a fast white.
How much it cost u guys for the track day?
And what was the temperature like?

p/s: the 'mad face' worth extra 1hp :P
batukapur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #7
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Quote:
Originally Posted by batukapur View Post
Nice shots & panning! I kinda like beast's color scheme.. a fast white.
How much it cost u guys for the track day?

p/s: the 'mad face' worth extra 1hp :P
Streets of willow springs is about 120-140 for a day. It's money well spent IMO. I can't think of any other event I paid about 150 dollars for that is as much fun as a trackday.

Well... Can't think of any other legal event...

totally kidding....

I think

Old June 15th, 2009, 05:09 PM   #8
batukapur
ninjette.org member

Name: Batu

Motorcycle(s): ZXR250 C6

150 bucks? Ouch.. The session last for the whole day or just half day?
Anyway, it seems like u guys enjoyed every bit of it
that's more important
batukapur is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #9
Elfling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Becca

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninja 250, 02 CBR600 f4i

Nice shots! I'm extremely jealous
Elfling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2009, 02:43 AM   #10
Beast
Pure Imagination

Quote:
So you think you're fast now or somethin'? You need to draw a madface on your bike like me. That will make you truly fast.
Hehe, I will next time we roll out together. Only I'll bring a SHARPIE, no more trying to color a solid with a ball point pen haha :P

Quote:
150 bucks? Ouch.. The session last for the whole day or just half day?
That's for the entire day. 10am to 5pm pretty much. 20-30 minute sessions with three groups in three skill levels (A,B,C). Like Kuro said, its completely worth it

Quote:
73 degrees and cloudy with spots of sun.

Quote:
beautiful shots! and hopefully that kick stand doesn't raise any problems in the future =/
I'm hoping the same!