ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Notices

View Poll Results: How long after you got the bike did you drop/crash it?
within the first week 174 18.16%
within the first month 179 18.68%
within 6 months 201 20.98%
within the first year 66 6.89%
within the first five years 40 4.18%
I crashed after 5 years of owning my ninjette 5 0.52%
I've never dropped it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 293 30.58%
Voters: 958. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #201
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Step back from the bike about 25 feet and make your eyes go all fuzzy.
Hahah
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #202
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Step back from the bike about 25 feet and make your eyes go all fuzzy.
lol thanks

and actually I think I'll leave them there... I deserve them to look at and remind me to not mess up when I'm in actual traffic.

Well... I didn't cry! I suppose that's a plus! Poor bike though =[
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:03 AM   #203
GeorgiaHooligan
ninjette.org guru

Name: Aaron

Just remember, if you haven't fallen you will.
GeorgiaHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:44 PM   #204
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaHooligan View Post
Just remember, if you haven't fallen you will.
That is a good comment. I am fully expecting to drop the bike once I get riding again. Been too long since having been in the saddle.

I believe dropping the bike is unfortunate but a necessary step in the learning curve.
Analyze the circumstances when the bike dropped and learn for it.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #205
U5er
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

I am amazed at how many people drop their bikes at a stand still or low speeds. I hate seeing new posts in the crash thread. Get a grip (pun intended ) fellas, please be careful out there!
U5er is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #206
CharlieBucket
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250 and 1982 Yamaha Maxim 750

Haven't dropped her yet, but I've had her less than a week. She did get scratched though - the second day I had her home, a fence in the parking lot dinged her. I almost cried!
CharlieBucket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #207
lv250
ninjette.org member

Name: CJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2009 CRF230L, 1998 Honda VT1100c, 1974 Honda XL100, 07 Yamaha Wolverine 350, 06 ArticCat 250

no crash light lay down

Twice. Once was after two years and the other was in Dec. 2010.

The first was in a parking lot I was pulling into a spot to park I looked over my shoulder to look back to see where the other two riders were and bike slipped on oil. I tried to hold the bike up but could not keep it so I let in lay down. No Damage.

The second was a bleeping bleep in a parking lot coming out of a bar/club. No big deal except I was coming around the corner and the bleeping car was on my side of the road and had no choice in a tight lean but to step off and let bike slide out. Have car hit me or lay bike out. I laid bike out. Scuffed mirror and exhaust. Frame slider and swing arm sliders worked well.
lv250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #208
YORCHI
n00b

Name: Jorge

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

2 months

Jul 12 to Sep 11

#KCCO
YORCHI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #209
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Dropped my bike on it's left side in my smooth floored garage because of a catastrophic kickstand (user) failure in my first week of ownership. My frame sliders were still on order.

I had no incidents until about a month ago when I started teaching my friend how to ride. He tipped it over once on each side. Frame sliders prevented any damage.

Old September 11th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #210
DemonRider
ninjette.org member

Name: Ramon

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 650R

Took me 18 months; Unfamiliar grounds; hauled bike with me to California for Vacation and while coming down from Sequoia National Forest I Target fixated and whamo!! Lowsided. Then just a one week ago some guy ran a stop sign, second lowside all good just some road rash on the Fairing!
DemonRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 12th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #211
Jules91
NinJulie

Name: Julie

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

I've had my ninja for just over a year and I've put 2,500 miles on it she finally met the pavement today. I had trouble starting her this morning, which was very unusual, and had to toggle the choke to get her going. Same thing happened when I was leaving class this afternoon, so I let her warm up for an extra minute or two. I backed out of my parking space and just as I started to get going, she just mysteriously shut off. I couldn't hold her up because I was at a weird angle, mid turn, and she went down. To make matters worse, I couldn't pick her up by myself and some kid came and asked if I needed help and he had to pick it up for me Then I couldn't get it started again and a different boy came over and tried rolling on the throttle while turning it on and that finally worked. The left fairing as all scuffed up. Bad, bad day.
Jules91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #212
MikeBudd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): RED 2010 Ninja 250r

Never dropped MY ninjette She had been dropped once at standstill from the girl I bought it from, but not to much damage.

I dropped my brothers one time, but fixed it all up. New rearsets for that baby
MikeBudd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #213
koenigcitizen
Russian Ninja :)

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

Within the first 5 min after delivering my baby home...

Ashamed.....
koenigcitizen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 16th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #214
DolphinRider
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Nikki

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R SE

Practicing in a parking lot, dropped it twice, just completed the MSF Course and passed it today
DolphinRider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #215
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Got hit by a car within 2 weeks of buying my bike brand new.
More recently, I dropped my bike in a parking lot when I forgot I didn't put my kickstand down & decided to hop off. Still can't believe I did that.

Old November 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #216
kelnix
ninjette.org newbie

Name: k

Motorcycle(s): 250r 2010

oh darn

i dropped mines while going from nyc to gilgo state park. passed the MSF basic about two years back and finally bought a 2010 250r about two months ago. this was my first time going on a long ride and on the highway. the wind was blowing really hard and i was struggling to keep up with my cousin and his friend on ocean parkway near the park. going at about 80 mph i finally caught up and signaled that i needed to take a break. we all pulled over and my legs were kind of shaky. once i put my leg on the floor, i just did not have the power to keep my 250r up. it doesn't help that i can not flat foot it either . it downed and i could not pick it up. my cousin and his friend got it up for me and there was minimal damage. the gear level bent inwards a bit, some scratches on the left side and aft fairings, a lot of scratches at the bar ends, and some on the clutch lever. my sliders was still stuck in transport and i thought i could get away with it, sigh.

please excuse my bad grammar.
kelnix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2011, 01:54 AM   #217
Joule
ninjette.org member

Name: Tej

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelnix View Post
i dropped mines
Hope they didn't blow up.

On a serious note: i dropped my Demo ninja within 5 mins with pillion on. Hahaha
After taking demo was my turn to get bike up the ramp. I didn't take turn accordingly for ramp because i never expected them to ask me to take bike inside. Floor was oily and slippery with polished stone finish. Pillion asked me to give speed and i told him bike is gonna slip. He kept insisting and i took my risks. And yeah.. Front tire slipped exactly the way i thought. No damage to bike but injured my knee badly because bike's weight and our weight were all on my knee XD

Old December 12th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #218
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

at a stand still. No big deal. the first owner messed it up but she'll have new paint soon
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #219
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joule View Post
Hope they didn't blow up.

On a serious note: i dropped my Demo ninja within 5 mins with pillion on. Hahaha
After taking demo was my turn to get bike up the ramp. I didn't take turn accordingly for ramp because i never expected them to ask me to take bike inside. Floor was oily and slippery with polished stone finish. Pillion asked me to give speed and i told him bike is gonna slip. He kept insisting and i took my risks. And yeah.. Front tire slipped exactly the way i thought. No damage to bike but injured my knee badly because bike's weight and our weight were all on my knee XD
I've learnt to trust my instincts over other peoples. I had someone helping me move my motorcycle through this building. They kept encouraging me to do things which I know would have resulted in me dropping or damaging the bike. I think some people are better able to simulate things in their mind than others. Clearly you and I are awesome

Trust your instincts!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #220
Joule
ninjette.org member

Name: Tej

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I've learnt to trust my instincts over other peoples. I had someone helping me move my motorcycle through this building. They kept encouraging me to do things which I know would have resulted in me dropping or damaging the bike. I think some people are better able to simulate things in their mind than others. Clearly you and I are awesome

Trust your instincts!
Haha!

But i feel so proud to myself i dropped a ninja that i did not own XD
Nothing compared to guy that dropped Mines though XD. Trololol

Old December 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #221
Lionheart831
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Christopher

Motorcycle(s): 01 Ninja 250R; 09 Ninja 500R

Sometimes laying it over isn't so bad...

I laid my nice lil 01 ninja 250 over almost 3 months ago now 5 months from purchase. Though at 40mph and missing the person that pulled out in front of me I'd say I didn't do half bad since all exits blocked.
People say I'm lucky to be alive, walk, and even think about starting sports next month, but really my guardian angel and I are just really tight.
So really laying over the bike wasn't so bad considering, now to find new parts...
Lionheart831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:56 PM   #222
killamuf
ninjette.org member

Name: Avais

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R Special Edition

Today, the first day of the new year 2012. (bought it around the 20th of Nov 2011)

Went out riding feeling awesome, stopped at a gas station and laid her down by the pump. She was already messed up by the previous owner, but still she is my baby..!

The left turn signal cover broke off & a couple of scratches.

I died a little inside.

Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM   #223
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by killamuf View Post
Today, the first day of the new year 2012. (bought it around the 20th of Nov 2011)

Went out riding feeling awesome, stopped at a gas station and laid her down by the pump. She was already messed up by the previous owner, but still she is my baby..!

The left turn signal cover broke off & a couple of scratches.

I died a little inside.
how'd that happen?
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #224
killamuf
ninjette.org member

I think i parked to close to the pump, after filling her up. I walked her forward and bit and the stand got moved back by the curb around the pump. Checked to see if the stand was down (and it looked fine from my view, lol) started to put her on the stand, and she just kept on going.! LOL

man i am still pissed off bro.!

Old January 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #225
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
I think i parked to close to the pump, after filling her up. I walked her forward and bit and the stand got moved back by the curb around the pump. Checked to see if the stand was down (and it looked fine from my view, lol) started to put her on the stand, and she just kept on going.! LOL

man i am still pissed off bro.!
Because I've heard so many stories of people dropping their bike on account of not realising the stand is up, I always hold all the weight of the bike on my leg until the point where the weight has been safely transferred on to the stand. I also make sure that the second I get step over the bike, the first thing I do is kick the stand up (to avoid setting off with the stand down).

We all make mistakes though. Sad to hear about yours! Poor bike! I bet your heart skipped a beat when you suddenly realised the bike had gone beyond where it should have stopped and that you were unable to stop it.

Old January 4th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #226
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
what you gotta get good at doing is put it in neutral, kill the engine, turn off the ignition, and flip down the sidestand (all while coasting through the parking lot into your spot btw ) so you can look super badass when you just pull out the keys and hop off right as it comes to a stop. just swing the right leg over and walk away. let that pesky sidestand catch the bike itself; who needs to make sure that it stays standing?? Looks more BA when you don't care

although I have actually done this a few times in a parking lot before and it did make me feel pretty good about myself that I didn't drop it. I literally hopped off like you can do on a bicycle by standing on the left pedal and swinging your right leg over the bike as you come to a stop
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #227
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
although I have actually done this a few times in a parking lot before and it did make me feel pretty good about myself that I didn't drop it. I literally hopped off like you can do on a bicycle by standing on the left pedal and swinging your right leg over the bike as you come to a stop
Skills!

Old January 5th, 2012, 12:20 PM   #228
killamuf
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Because I've heard so many stories of people dropping their bike on account of not realising the stand is up, I always hold all the weight of the bike on my leg until the point where the weight has been safely transferred on to the stand. I also make sure that the second I get step over the bike, the first thing I do is kick the stand up (to avoid setting off with the stand down).

We all make mistakes though. Sad to hear about yours! Poor bike! I bet your heart skipped a beat when you suddenly realised the bike had gone beyond where it should have stopped and that you were unable to stop it.

You are spot on with me skipping a heartbeat. For the first 3 seconds, I couldn't believe that it just happened. The first thought that came to my head was, I wish i could go back in time and save the bike from falling or some miracle happens and this is a dream or something like that. lol.

Bro it ruined my day, I am still recovering from the incident. Thinking about it just kills me man.!

Oh yeah, and the next day went out riding with a buddy, and his battery died in the middle of the road. He shut off his bike to say something to me, and the bike did not turn on again. We had to jump/roll start it or whatever you call it. Then we were heading home, and my license plate started hanging, one of the bolts just fell off... I guess ill switch to zip-ties. 2012 is turning out to be the worst....!

Old January 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #229
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
You are spot on with me skipping a heartbeat. For the first 3 seconds, I couldn't believe that it just happened. The first thought that came to my head was, I wish i could go back in time and save the bike from falling or some miracle happens and this is a dream or something like that. lol.

Bro it ruined my day, I am still recovering from the incident. Thinking about it just kills me man.!
The time I had an accident I remember that feeling so well. I was in the process of going into a ditch and I remember thinking something along the lines of "OMG: I'm crashing... a motorcycle... crashing motorcycles is bad... this is bad... OMFG, my beautiful Ninjette is going to be destroyed"! Turns out my panicked mind was being overly dramatic, because I came out of it unharmed and with only very minor damage on the bike.

Quote:
Oh yeah, and the next day went out riding with a buddy, and his battery died in the middle of the road. He shut off his bike to say something to me, and the bike did not turn on again. We had to jump/roll start it or whatever you call it. Then we were heading home, and my license plate started hanging, one of the bolts just fell off... I guess ill switch to zip-ties. 2012 is turning out to be the worst....!
Try and turn the bike failures/maintenance into a joyful thing. I've had problems with my bike twice now (once my fault when I had a small accident and once because of a manufacturing defect). Both times I enjoyed learning more about the bike, seeing how it was fixed and savoring my riding even more having experienced time away from the bike while it was broken.

So long as it's warm outside, I enjoy the maintenance too. It feels like what time I put into the bike I get back 2 fold in the enjoyment of riding a clean well-maintained and subsequently reliable bike.

Old January 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #230
killamuf
ninjette.org member

@akima You are so right....you know at the end of that day. I called my friend up and talked to him about it positively. I told him that it was a good experience and stuff like this was going to happen sooner or later. So all in all we gain experience from it. haha.

you and me, we ain't so different lol. Great minds think a like. lol

Thanks for the positive replies man, it makes me feel a lot better bro.

Old January 7th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #231
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Thanks for the positive replies man, it makes me feel a lot better bro.
np

* Akima adds "bro" to her list of titles earned *

Old January 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #232
killamuf
ninjette.org member

Quote:
np

* Akima adds "bro" to her list of titles earned *
lol oh **** ma bad yo. You still my bro.!

Old January 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #233
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
You still my bro.!
Damn right I am!

Old January 10th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #234
killamuf
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Damn right I am!
Yessssss.!

Old March 4th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #235
mar3s24
ninjette.org member

Name: mary

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r

After not riding for almost 9 years, I had to learn everything all over again. I was able to ride my ninja around the block, go on main streets and freeway. I was doing fine...until my Bf and I went to empty parking lot so that I can learn how to make a u-turn. I did the most common mistakes, and I dropped my bike, got my foot pinned under the left peg. Bruised knee and minor scrape on the knee. Now I'm recovering from a high sprain ankle. It's been 1.5 wks and finally I'm able to walk with a little limp, but still can't ride.

Sux that today's weather is great from riding...A few more weeks, and I'm back on the ninja.

Old March 6th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #236
gamingtim
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

first accident 2 weeks after i got it really first sharp turn i took didn't fully know about counter steering lol and panicked put the front break on and laid it down a few scraps nothing big 2 days later did almost the same thing felt really ashamed should of learned my lesson. about 3 months later a few days ago took my first highway ride all good got down the street to where i was going and saw gravel on the road and a slight turn...friend kept telling me the gravel will wipe u out so before i hit the turn i hit the breaks panicked again more ashamed lol and ...and stopped in grass bike fell on my foot other then that i was fine not a scratch but my foot still hurts .
gamingtim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 24th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #237
corndog
Wrench turner

Name: Daiv

Motorcycle(s): '99 250r, '84 GPz 750 (sold)

Red face First crash ever...

I got my '99 Ninja 250 back over the winter. I figure I had it 3 months before I laid it down. I bought it with some previous damage, but I spent months repairing the dented tank, replacing broken parts and applying several coats of "sublime green" lacquer to her. She looked so pretty!
That was Friday... Tuesday evening I was doing approx 15mph through a 90 deg. curve and there was loose gravel washed across the road. She slid through the gravel into a (rather soft) embankment. I got very lucky in that I suffered a bit of "road rash" on my knees and elbows (I was wearing a padded jacket and jeans). The brand new paint suffered a quarter-sized scuff on the tank, the shifter bent and I busted off a bar-end mirror. It could have been a lot worse......
corndog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #238
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

my brand new, not even month old baby just kissed/made out/got it full on with a guard rail this evening. making a turn like any other, even slower at 20mph and it just went down. happened so fast i dont know exactly what went on, though im leaning towards road debris..

bike seems mechanically sound and no vital damages, but the plastics are mauled. im ok too, very achy because I too hit the guard rail, and where my leg kissed it, ive got a cut and wicked bruise. slammed into the rail quite hard but lucky to have been able to get up and walk it off!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #239
akshay11
ninjette.org member

Name: Akshay

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 650

2 months today without a drop/crash. Knock on wood.
akshay11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #240
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay11 View Post
2 months today without a drop/crash. Knock on wood.
No, stay away from the wood! It's slippy

Hope you never crash. One of motorcycle instructors had only had 1 accident in like 45 years of riding.