ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #1
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

What happened on your ride today?

I know something almost always occurs on our rides and sometimes these can make for interesting stories. Care to share?

Something interesting happen on your ride?
Cager nearly run you over?
Just a great ride?
Someone do something strange?
Bike did something weird?

I'll start:
Today I got to have a diesel truck merge into my lane, that was awesome to look at as a big massive truck approaches you. I got away from him though.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
There is a section devoted to that. It's called Ride Reports http://www.ninjette.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #3
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

I know that (I've been here for a year), I guess its similar what I am getting at is what things happened on someones commute. True they could just put it in ride reports but that felt like it was mainly for "I went on such and such canyon and did such and such with some such and such rider". Well I'll leave it to alex's discretion.

Old July 27th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
probably should be in ride reports, but i like it.. its like the what did you do to your ninja today thread

anyone who drives in socal knows how the traffic is... was flowing fine at about 55 coming to a slow down on a merge with plenty of visibility when about 20 cars ahead some dickwad decided to cut across 2 lanes of close but free flowing traffic. everyone slammed on their brakes but the unloaded semi truck in front of me locked up what looked like all its tires... smoke was pooring off it's wheels and it came within what looked like a few feet of slamming into the stopped car in front of it. i had plenty of space to come to a smooth stop but unfortunately the lanes all around me were still flowing quickly (probably at least 65) so i couldn't easily get in another lane... luckily the person behind me didn't pull an doucher move and managed to stop...

Old July 30th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #5
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
anyone who drives in socal knows how the traffic is... was flowing fine at about 55 coming to a slow down on a merge with plenty of visibility when about 20 cars ahead some dickwad decided to cut across 2 lanes of close but free flowing traffic.
Don't you love those people, haha

Old July 30th, 2011, 05:17 PM   #6
austinm911
ninjette.org member

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Quote:
probably should be in ride reports, but i like it.. its like the what did you do to your ninja today thread

anyone who drives in socal knows how the traffic is... was flowing fine at about 55 coming to a slow down on a merge with plenty of visibility when about 20 cars ahead some dickwad decided to cut across 2 lanes of close but free flowing traffic. everyone slammed on their brakes but the unloaded semi truck in front of me locked up what looked like all its tires... smoke was pooring off it's wheels and it came within what looked like a few feet of slamming into the stopped car in front of it. i had plenty of space to come to a smooth stop but unfortunately the lanes all around me were still flowing quickly (probably at least 65) so i couldn't easily get in another lane... luckily the person behind me didn't pull an doucher move and managed to stop...
Were you on the 15 north approaching the 78 west?
austinm911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #7
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

meet a buddy at the DMV at 7:30am to let him use my bike for the riding test. He just bought a used big fully dressed HD and didn't want to use that. About noon he stopped by the house for a ride, he shows up like the typical HD rider with only glasses on. I've preached ATGATT but it's his choose. Ride was nice and uneventful.
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #8
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinm911 View Post
Were you on the 15 north approaching the 78 west?
wow, i was actually! i'm not entirely sure i like the change they made recently. i guess it makes sense for 78 east traffic but screws with the west traffic

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #9
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Got hit in the helmet by two HUGE bugs that sounded like bullets deflecting off my helmet... how the squids do it helmetless is beyond me, that would hurt like hell
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #10
A7xschecter6661

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Yamaha R6

Went around a jeep that was parked on the side of a building in the spot closest to the corner. The corner is the yellow lined "don't park here spot" so I went to pull around that into the first spot closest to corner (perpendicular nose to nose basically with the jeep) and he decides to cut out straight across all the parking spots and almost hit me.

Gotta love morons.
Second bird I've given this week..
A7xschecter6661 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #11
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintalmighty View Post
Got hit in the helmet by two HUGE bugs that sounded like bullets deflecting off my helmet... how the squids do it helmetless is beyond me, that would hurt like hell
extra protein for a growing squiddy!

Old July 31st, 2011, 12:02 AM   #12
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

I actually have something that isn't what I feel is ride report worthy but kind of funny nonetheless.

I was riding home and my wife was following me in the Xterra. We come to a series of small intersections the lead into a large 5 lane intersection (3 thru-lanes and 2 left turns) As I start entering the closest left turn lane a guy in a white golf cuts me off. Luckily I was already decelerating for the red light but this guy gets close. I honk and give him the "wtf" hands. As we slow I notice my wife get in the farthest left turn lane next to the jerk in the golf and she lets him hand it. She is the nicest, most reserved little country gal but she let this guy have it. I could hear it and could stop laughing. Then she gave him the bird and I lost it, I was laughing so hard. The guy in the car looked like he was just overwhelmed. I definitely gave her a nice hug when I got home and swore to myself that I would soon get a GoPro.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 12:12 AM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I sat still on the freeway for about 5 minutes today waiting for whatever was causing the traffic jam to move. After a motorcycle passed me by lane splitting I decided I would try it. These particular lanes were very narrow so I had to be really careful and at one point I had to come to a stop and fold in my mirrors to get by. I finally get to the front of the jam to see that in the middle lane of the 3 lanes was a cop car and 1 car stopped in front of him. 2 completely free lanes but every dumbass has to rubberneck to see what happened.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 08:08 PM   #14
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
2 completely free lanes but every dumbass has to rubberneck to see what happened.
That reminds me of when I was 10 minutes late to school because of an accident on the other side of the flipping road on the highway. Caused a huge traffic jam when it really should not have bothered the side I was riding on. Once we passed the accident everyone took off back up to 70mph. Friggin, looky loos .

Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM   #15
ninja_sleeper
ninjette.org guru

Name: Carrie

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I was riding home after work, just cruzin along... There was a car in front of me and I guess I was tailing him. Wasn't really thinking about it, though. I guess I was accidentaly tailing him or he was just a really angry guy because outta no where his middle finger came flying out the window. I just started laughing and I waved and threw the peace sign. I think that pissed him off more.

It was a passing lane so I decided to just scoot around him. He started rolling his window down, I thought he was gonna spit on me. I just smiled and waved.... maybe that pissed him off more.

I'm in front now and he get's on MY ass, which is stupid because you don't do that to a rider no matter how pissed you are for no good reason.

So I slammed on the brakes.

He got off my ass QUICK and then gave me my space.

When we finally came to a stop sign, he started screaming at me!! "You ****ing asshole, don't you ever do that to me again. **** you you ****ing asshole" I turned around and he looked a little shocked that I wasn't a dude. He was so mad! His face looked like it was going to explode.

Told him to chill, then we went our separate ways. IDK I kinda liked being called an A$$hole.

That was entirely unexpected and I really don't think I was following him too close.
ninja_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:23 PM   #16
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_sleeper View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't make a habit of that. Road raging is dangerous enough in an armored SUV. Trusting a rager behind you to be johnny on the spot on the brakes so *you* don't get smushed can have life-changing consequences.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM   #17
Lou
ninjette.org member

Name: LOU

Motorcycle(s): GreenSE 09 250R

The other day leaving work, i dint notice that they had just painted the two huge yellow pedestrian walk lines. So i make a turn with a nice lean on it (not dragin knee or anything) i clear the first fine but as soon as i get to the second line the front end wobles!!! Glad my momentum pushed me through, thought i was gona lose the front end. Changed my boxers as soon as i got home LOL
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM   #18
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you're gonna die if you keep that up. and i don't like seeing cute girls die... guys, well... meh. but girls dying... thats not good.

car > bike > pedestrian.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:42 AM   #19
ninja_sleeper
ninjette.org guru

Name: Carrie

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
you're gonna die if you keep that up. and i don't like seeing cute girls die... guys, well... meh. but girls dying... thats not good.

car > bike > pedestrian.
In retrospect PROBABLY wasnt the best idea.
ninja_sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2011, 11:06 AM   #20
austinm911
ninjette.org member

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

So I was riding out near Lake Hodges on the 78 and i'm going about 60 on a straight away and all of a sudden I feel a sharp pain on my chest. I pull the hell over, unzip my leather jacket and notice there's a bee stinger in my sternum. So i scratch it off, and start back up. I'm sketching balls at this point, because I got stung a few years ago and had a severe allergic reaction and had to go to the hospital.

So I turn around and i'm speeding as hard as I can while trying to be safe to make it to the hospital. I wanted to get there as fast as I could before my body started developing the same reactions from before that set in 5 mins after the sting. The hospital is not very far fortunately, only about 5-7 miles from where i was. So I get there, hop off the bike and I check my chest again and its just swelled up and red.

Phew... it looks like im not allergic to bees apparently. I must have just had a really bad reaction that one time when I got stung. Gave me a pretty nice little scare today

The bastard somehow got inside my jacket and got me dead center on the chest, 10 points -.-
austinm911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 07:01 PM   #21
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Well today I rode home and to my surprise my cowl is long gone......and then some ahole in a prius decided to spray me with his windshield wipers.

At least nothing was lost out of my trunk.

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM   #22
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

I was on vacation for a week so I took my bike out for a ride, having missed it, and got run over by a mustang
Honko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2011, 11:57 AM   #23
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Ouch! You OK?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM   #24
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinm911 View Post
So I was riding out near Lake Hodges on the 78 and i'm going about 60 on a straight away and all of a sudden I feel a sharp pain on my chest. I pull the hell over, unzip my leather jacket and notice there's a bee stinger in my sternum. So i scratch it off, and start back up. I'm sketching balls at this point, because I got stung a few years ago and had a severe allergic reaction and had to go to the hospital.

So I turn around and i'm speeding as hard as I can while trying to be safe to make it to the hospital. I wanted to get there as fast as I could before my body started developing the same reactions from before that set in 5 mins after the sting. The hospital is not very far fortunately, only about 5-7 miles from where i was. So I get there, hop off the bike and I check my chest again and its just swelled up and red.

Phew... it looks like im not allergic to bees apparently. I must have just had a really bad reaction that one time when I got stung. Gave me a pretty nice little scare today

The bastard somehow got inside my jacket and got me dead center on the chest, 10 points -.-
I think the same bee got me! I'm riding and feel a sharp pain in my chest. I've never been stung by a bee before, so I just figured a rock got knocked my way.

When I got home and was undressing, I find a bee still stuck on my undershirt wriggling around. Somehow, the bee got through my motorcycle jacket and dress shirt with my tie to my undershirt.

Oh, I also had my cowl fly off on me on the highway. I sit far back so felt it fly off and had to ride back on the shoulder to go find it. My cowl is now dummy-corded on, but there's large scratches on the top of my cowl now.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2011, 02:26 PM   #25
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
I was on vacation for a week so I took my bike out for a ride, having missed it, and got run over by a mustang
Dang that sucks, make it out alright? Really sucks when you go out for some long missed fun only for it to end prematurely thanks to someone else.

Old September 1st, 2011, 10:55 PM   #26
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_sleeper View Post
I thought you have to wheelie away into the sunset

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:38 AM   #27
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Decided to try wearing my prescriptions glasses under my helmet instead of my (now) expired contact lenses...
Only one word describes it: uncomfortable. I'll just wear the expired lenses until my new order comes in the mail later on.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM   #28
JLinde1339
Fighterer in Training

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250R

I went to my local smoke shop to get some supplies, and it was a little rainy last night. So I'm sitting on my bike, checking my weather channel radar to see which way the storms were moving, and which direction I should head out on my ride. So this woman starts backing out of her spot and gets to within a few feet of me. Okay, no problem, she might need to back up a bit more to clear the car she was parked next to, as the parking spots are perpendicular to the travel of traffic leading to the lot entrance. Well, she backs up some more, and some more, never turning her wheel to get a better angle. She is at this point, inches from my leg. So I start banging on the back of her trunk. This must have freaked her out (how she didn't see me, I'll never know, I saw her eyes in her rearview mirror). So she pulls up, goes to get out of her car to check on me, thinking she hit me, and leaves the car in drive. Crunch! She smacked right into the car that was parked next to her. I couldn't believe it. Being she never hit me or my bike, I found the whole scenario hilarious. But that was my excitement for the night. LOL
Posted via Mobile Device
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:10 AM   #29
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

^ argh ... sounds like she's already had her 'supplies' for the day.
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:13 AM   #30
JLinde1339
Fighterer in Training

For the record, it was tobacco supplies I was after. Where she got her's? I have no idea. XD
Posted via Mobile Device

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:15 AM   #31
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

I was zipping along down the interstate on my way in to work today and thought, "huh, I should have cleaned off my visor before leaving; it's kinda dirty".

Not 5 seconds after thinking that, the car right in front of me washed their windshield, sending a big spray of window washing solution right onto my face.

Normally I really hate it when cars do that, but this time it was appreciated!

Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:28 AM   #32
Dr. Ew
Yoshi

Name: Dr. Ew

Motorcycle(s): 11 Ninja 250

Actually last night coming home from starbucks.

Big guy in a honda del sol at a light revs revs his engine. I barely heard the lil thing with no exhaust over my yoshi, and i was giving it a slight rev as the light was going to turn green. This guy floors it, i was already in second gear and hear him quick shift. Didnt bother downshifting and just went for it. Eventually caught up and got ahead. After passing him, slowed down and gotta a chance to look into and at the car.
The driver and passenger clearly looked bigger than was appropriate for the car. Hood was dented scrapes all over.
Looking back at it all... I wasted my gas. why the hell a del sol wanted to even race? And why in the world would the driver, race it if he looks like he weighs more than the vehicle...
A few things that was on my mind this am.
Time to think about nothing.
Dr. Ew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:09 AM   #33
DjDiablo
ninjette.org member

Name: Djalma

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2010 - FI - Blue

Man i am aways with gloves... Never know if you need tham...

I was going to work today and guess... 2 chicks on a car where thanking pics of the bike and me... so i start making poses and playing around with tham...

So stop at the lights and one of tham is like " can i ride with u?"

me - "sure do u got a helmet?"
she - " i do!!!!"
me - "ok get on"

so she left the car puts the helmet on and hops on the bike...

i asked where she as going to... and she was going very near so i just was going to drop her of and go to work...

so I start speeding

Man she could no stop screeming...

drop her of and she is like... "ok nice seeing u next time we meed i ride" auhauhauhauahuah

that just turned me on so much auhauhauhauhauha

DjDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:26 AM   #34
JLinde1339
Fighterer in Training

Awesome! Sounds too good to be true, but awesome nonetheless!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:47 AM   #35
Lou
ninjette.org member

Name: LOU

Motorcycle(s): GreenSE 09 250R

Came behind a car at a four way stop. I waited and waited and waited for the car to pass but nothing. Went around the car on the right to find it was a lady on the phone. When i pulled next to her, i waved my arms franticlly at her like a lunatic , she got the point and parked down the next street. HATE PEOPLE WHO USE CELL PHONES WHILE DRIVING!!!!!
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:15 AM   #36
shiroganeshinobi
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE

It's been a bad week, 2 hrs mandatory OT and subsequently until further notice. I thought my commute home would be short but lots of road construction going on at night. After waiting in construction traffic for 15 minutes and moving less than half a quarter mile, I took the ramp to the local roads and try to backtrack to a road I was familiar with. I make the right turns and was home free.

About less than two miles from my home, old man in a benz c230 almost merges into me at 30-40 mphs. I slammed on my brakes and blasted the roadrunner horn. I quickly recover and pass the guy, he seems shocked because he probably didnt know wtf happened. This was at night yes, but I run HIDs and if you cant see my HID, you're either blind or not really paying attention. I'm guessing it's the latter.
shiroganeshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM   #37
DjDiablo
ninjette.org member

Name: Djalma

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250R 2010 - FI - Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLinde1339 View Post
Awesome! Sounds too good to be true, but awesome nonetheless!
Posted via Mobile Device

Her name is Melisa, She said she see me every day when she rides her bike... I never see her cause she rides a scooter and i am aways fast on the hight way (dont do that)... And she left her bike at work and her mother was going to bring her there so she asked for a ride... I got her fone now that i passed by her work right now and she was going home... she is a kool girl... crazy as f u * k...
DjDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:10 PM   #38
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLinde1339 View Post
She smacked right into the car that was parked next to her. I couldn't believe it. Being she never hit me or my bike, I found the whole scenario hilarious. But that was my excitement for the night. LOL
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh. My. God. Some people should not be on the road. Period. Glad you weren't hit!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 04:12 PM   #39
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
I was zipping along down the interstate on my way in to work today and thought, "huh, I should have cleaned off my visor before leaving; it's kinda dirty".

Not 5 seconds after thinking that, the car right in front of me washed their windshield, sending a big spray of window washing solution right onto my face.

Normally I really hate it when cars do that, but this time it was appreciated!
Awesome! Careful what you wish for, I guess!

Have you ever thought some people are doing it on purpose because they know a motorcyclist is behind them and find it funny to spray us? I try to stay in front of cars whenever possible.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM   #40
Kanestar
ninjette.org member

Name: Kane

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

old lady almost turned me into a tuna sammich, but msf course taught me how to manuever(sp?) around em
Kanestar is offline   Reply With Quote