Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old January 4th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #1
poo poo
kinda sorta noob

Name: poo poo

Motorcycle(s): '03 and '08

does *anyone* peruse ninja250.org

they used to be pretty decent, back in the day. now it's seemingly a bunch of old cantankerous old farts that won't tolerate anyone that has to undergo a proctologist exam once a year, and may not be all that familiar with their new lil' ninja 250.... i've quit them, and have gotten a lot of people to boycott them, since they banished me for asking a simple question.

yes. this is *THE* friendliest and best ninja250 site on the web. period. AND, since i've been frequenting here.... their site has become a parody of itself. check it out, and try to engage w/them, if you want to see what frustrated old farts sound like.

it's quite hilarious, on multiple levels.

Old January 4th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #2
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

I agree with you that this is the friendliest, most mature 250 site, but they are still a great source of information. I don't think it's a great idea to come over here and bash them, as we all have teh same love, and that's our little 250s.

Old January 4th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #3
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

That site seems to not be very inclusive nor friendly which is sad. Site is tedious to use and read. Not really user friendly.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #4
KURT
Resident Old Guy

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): sold

I can't say what the site members are like, as I find the forum's format to be almost un-readable. It needs updating.

The monthly magazine, however, I liked very much.
KURT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/moved to off-topic.

I tried to interact over there years back, but couldn't get past the format. Haven't been over in quite awhile. We do send folks to links there from time to time for their tech wiki, it is a valued spot for pre-gen info, much of which still applies to the current-gen bikes.

To their credit, for people who aren't enthused about their format, they list all of the other main ninja 250-related sites right on that same page, with us here at ninjette.org at the top:

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/About_our_forum_layout

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #6
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Another format snob here. I was fine with the content but found the format unreadable and thus wound up here.

Old January 5th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #7
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Yeah, I'm there as much as I'm here, though I post here more often. On their site there has been much discussion about their format, the upshot being that the site administrator likes it and isn't going to change it. IMHO I think he keeps that format mainly because it's not this format; in other words, to be contrary and nothing more.

They rely on cookies to keep track on your machine what responses are new since the last time you visited; the new posts are marked with a very tiny yellow square. If something goes wonky with that cookie system, on either your end or theirs, then poof, there's no freaking way to tell what posts are new and what aren't. Also, you have to be logged in (which requires registration, obviously) for the cookie system to work. Also, if you follow the site from more than one machine you spend a lot of time trying to figure out what's new.

The end result is that it's inordinately inconvenient and needlessly difficult to navigate or keep track of what's going on in a given thread, especially if it has more than a handfull of replies.

Though they do have a wealth of information in their FAQ, the forums are not going to last. Maybe that's what the admins want. I dunno. I gave up trying to get them to see the light long ago. I hope they survive mainly because of the FAQ resources, but I don't think they'll ever be more than a marginal player because of that damn stupid format.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #8
TonyKZ1
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 1975 Kawasaki KZ400D (Sold), 1989 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold), 1997 Yamaha XJ600s Seca II

I'm also there http://forums.ninja250.org/ quite a bit, more so than here actually. I actually bought my 250 because of reading their site and the information there. I don't mind their format, it works fine for me. Especially on a slow modem connection as I have at home. As others have said their FAQ is very good and I occasionally point others to it when they are requesting help or info on a subject concerning the Ninja 250 or being a new rider. The same goes for their classifieds area. Is it different from here, yes, but that's not a problem for me at least....
Tony

Old January 5th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #9
bob706

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

ninja250.org would be fine if it were not for some of the flaming trolls that hang out there.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2011, 08:38 AM   #10
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
A scientific approach clearly shows ninjette.org to be better.

People - Ninjette in a landslide.
Wiki - Ninja250 in a landslide. For now.
Forum Format - Ninjette in a landslide.
Forum Content - Ninjette.
Name - Ninja250 gets the nod. I thought Ninjette was for female riders only on my first visit.
Old Gen Focus - Ninja250.
New Gen Focus - Ninjette.
More Chicks - Ninjette.

Scientifically proven, ninjette.org is better by a 5-3 victory.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #11
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
A scientific approach clearly shows ninjette.org to be better.

People - Ninjette in a landslide.
Wiki - Ninja250 in a landslide. For now.
Forum Format - Ninjette in a landslide.
Forum Content - Ninjette.
Name - Ninja250 gets the nod. I thought Ninjette was for female riders only on my first visit.
Old Gen Focus - Ninja250.
New Gen Focus - Ninjette.
More Chicks - Ninjette.

Scientifically proven, ninjette.org is better by a 5-3 victory.
All you needed for proof was the last item on your list
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #12
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

I've never posted there, but I browsed their forums a few times before I found this site. The format just frustrates me to death, its super inconvenient.

Old January 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #13
darrell85
darrell85

Name: darrell

Motorcycle(s): 2001 250 ninja

I have posted there and was actually there before I found this site. That is the reason I came here. If you ask one question the admins dont like they delete your whole post, If you misspell something you are stupid, and if you ask about a topic that has been previously discussed dont even try to get an answer. The majority of them are "better than you" and "smarter than you" they have a decent faq but thats it.

Last futzed with by darrell85; January 5th, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
darrell85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #14
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

^^^BANNED for misspelling decent!
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Folks are welcome to use any of the domains listed in this thread if it makes them feel better.

I wanted to make sure the main domain would still be relevant if Kawi ever changed the displacement of this bike, so I was worried about having 250 as part of the main domain. The only widely used nickname for our bike model is ninjette, so that was what I went with early on. We have the .org and .net, but someone in Spain has been parked on the ninjette.com address for years, with no content as of yet.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old January 5th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #16
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

I find it amusing how many people on many forums bash the layout or the mods, but when someone needs tech advice the link that gets posted goes to *their* wiki. And to be fair, they have a **** ton of info on the new gen, and they have calmed WAAAAY down in the last year or so.

I think it's more about what a person is looking for in a forum. I like their format, since you can see which replies go with which post wihtou having to quote someone.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2011, 05:07 PM   #17
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I dunno Bob, I can't remember a single link that was new-gen specific that ever went to that site. Their voluminous wiki still only has 10 new-gen specific entries (link), and their tech forum on the new-gen has half the posts that we have here, between the tech & farkles section specific to the new-gen. Not to mention the 105+ DIY threads for the new-gen linked in our sticky right here. People are free to choose wherever they want to spend their time, these are free sites after all, and using one isn't ever an exclusion of the other anyway. The only quibble I'd have is if people still believe that the only place to go for tech is there and for fun is here. I'm sure there's some fun over there, and I know there's a whole bunch of tech over here, although admittedly, it is biased toward the new-gen machines.

Old January 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #18
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Alex, It may be somewhat biased toward the new-gens, but, you know, nobody seems to object. We have a lot of first-gen people participating with some dynamite insights. This is a well rounded forum. Hell, you even put up with an old f--t who rides an NT-700V. It doesn't get more inclusive than that. You are doing a fantastic job with this forum. There is NO FORUM on the internet, to my knowledge, that has such a sense of family. THAT, in my view, is an accomplishment other forums should look at as an ideal. You set a standard like the ZX-10R. Now everybody can play catch up.

Old January 5th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #19
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Ther are other Ninja 250 sites? I have'nt checked out any other sites besides NewNija, but they never approved my thing to be a member. Guess i'm not cool enuff.

Old January 5th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #20
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Scotty, I didn't make the grade either. Didn't make the grade for the NT-700V net either. Really makes no difference since I plan on getting a 250R again when my back heals (Doc says about a year to a year and a half--maybe less with PT) I plan to keep the NT-700 as well. Nothing wrong with having two bikes. I do have 6 bicycles.

Old January 5th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #21
scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Scotty, I didn't make the grade either. Didn't make the grade for the NT-700V net either. Really makes no difference since I plan on getting a 250R again when my back heals (Doc says about a year to a year and a half--maybe less with PT) I plan to keep the NT-700 as well. Nothing wrong with having two bikes. I do have 6 bicycles.
Right! Two bikes would be fun! Im possibility getting a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 in the spring time. So I will have two cool bikes to myself(and wife ) I visit this forum more than the local one where I live.

Old January 6th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #22
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Quote:

You are good enough the new ninja forum admin was stagnet for a while. NOW they have new admins and a different group of people running. They are approving folks now. My husband and I were lucky enough to meet in person a couple of members last summer and they stayed with us for a fantastic week of fun. So check them out. Add it to your list. On the surface it seems silly but deep down there are some good peeps that frequent both nn and ninjette. Just wanted to clarify you are good enough, there was just a shut down of admin for a while. Which frustrated us all.

Old January 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM   #23
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

You can change the format to be viewed the same as ninjette.org. I did, and began treating it like any other forum, bringing up a new topic and then replying to each post in my thread.

I made one thread and responded to a few people in it and they banned me just because I felt that Kawi could have done a better job communicating the drop in MPG for the J-series (the spec wasn't anywhere on their website until they made Kawasaki.com/mpg). They really aren't very inviting.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #24
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
You can change the format to be viewed the same as ninjette.org. I did, and began treating it like any other forum, bringing up a new topic and then replying to each post in my thread.
I think they used to have that option, but I'm not sure if they still do. Frugal or Tony might have more details on if/when any changes were made. But if I go in my options there now, I don't see any option to change the view any longer.

ninja250 config.JPG

One of their admins joined this site awhile back, if folks do have questions about that site he can be reached directly at Ian.

Old January 7th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #25
tiggen
ninjette.org guru

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2003 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by poo poo View Post
since they banished me for asking a simple question.
So what did you say?
tiggen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #26
KURT
Resident Old Guy

Ninja250.org no longer allows "flat" viewing, as it didn't interact well with the rest of the forum.

Actually, this line from the FAQ pretty much says it all....

"Everything about the site at ninja250.org is purposeful and intentional. Our admins have been tweaking it for the past eight years. It's exactly as we like it. It isn't going to change." And I thought I was old.

They go on to list a variety of other forums you're welcome to try.

That said, I really like the magazine, and continue to read it.

Old January 8th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #27
wild-bill
seeking twisties

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 650R, '09 250R special edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Ther are other Ninja 250 sites? I have'nt checked out any other sites besides NewNija, but they never approved my thing to be a member. Guess i'm not cool enuff.
I was never approved on that site either, I thought. I never received an email from them stating whether or not I was accepted. But a few days later I tried to log in and was successful, so you may try that. But there is very little traffic over there, so I haven't been back. I'm happy here

Old January 8th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #28
KURT
Resident Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-bill View Post
But there is very little traffic over there, so I haven't been back.
Yup, sometimes it's pretty quiet over there. But I figure it's 'cause we're all out ridin'...

Old January 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM   #29
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Quote:
Originally Posted by KURT View Post
That said, I really like the magazine, and continue to read it.
True that, the magazine is awesome.

Old January 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #30
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Quote:
There is NO FORUM on the internet, to my knowledge, that has such a sense of family.
Ah you just don't spend enough hours of the day on the internet...

I found the ninja250.org forums terribly annoying to read. I don't read reply titles in flat view, there's no point. So to read only reply titles 50% of the time with the (n/t) thing, then have to click to expand other thread replies it's just too inconsistent. Not to mention the usernames and dates coming after the reply title really make me feel OCD or something.

Old January 9th, 2011, 12:11 AM   #31
kevlar250
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): '94 Vulcan 1500, '06 Katana 600, '08 FZ1

I tried posting a DIY on HID conversion over there and was met with quite the attitude, called names & sworn at. Apparently they prefer stock headlights. Dropped them like a bad habit and came here finding a much friendlier place.
kevlar250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #32
supermanzdead
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Current: 2011 ZX6r Owned: 2010 EX250R "Special Edition"

I found this forum from a basic search when researching the Ninja 250 before I purchased. Read a bit and then bought my 250...only been posting and reading here, however I have looked over the ninja250.org wiki as it has a good amount of information.

I do appreciate the group here and the content and positive attitudes you find here, especially since I am a newb to being on two wheels instead of four~

Thanks!
supermanzdead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 9th, 2011, 11:10 AM   #33
scotty

Any one use NewNinja.com?

Old January 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #34
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Any one use NewNinja.com?
I'm a lurker there and I see spooph, KURT and others posting there quite a bit. Some good info, decent site. Here is better, but newninja is worth checking out.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2011, 02:07 AM   #35
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

yes, met good folks over there.

Old January 11th, 2011, 11:14 PM   #36
Jerry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

I fit in better with Cantankerous old Farts

250.org is certainly more old-gen, but that's what I got.

On the whole they are a bunch of fine people. They have a fine tech section, and they do expect users to at least try to find answers for themselves, but generally, you will get pointed in the right direction.

The good folks over there don't really appreciate strangers showing up in their house and telling them their carpet is ugly. Really, who does?

Further, truly, they don't tolerate persistent dumb-assedness. At all.

Most of my dumb-assedness has not been persistant enough to get me banned...though I may have taken a few punches...'s'okay with me.

I like both sites, but I post there more, cause I actually like the no-avatar attitude, and I prefer their format. ('course I'd probably still be rocking win95 if I could, old fart that I am...)

It's all about the bike on both sites, and that's all good.
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #37
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

you all are a bunch of internet junkies :P Pick a site and stick to it yo! I picked this one and none of you can get rid of me. whahahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #38
scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
you all are a bunch of internet junkies :P Pick a site and stick to it yo! I picked this one and none of you can get rid of me. whahahahahahahaha (evil laugh)
You don't come here as often now though

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #39
Blackwidow

Name: Paulette

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

awww turn that frown upside down dahling! I've been traveling a lot lately on business the past two weeks. I'm here now

Old January 12th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #40
scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwidow View Post
awww turn that frown upside down dahling! I've been traveling a lot lately on business the past two weeks. I'm here now
Haha good!