ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 10th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #1
T-?
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki 250R

New Fairings (the aftermarket ones from eBay)

So, last year I had wrecked my bike (don't really want to get into that) so after riding around the rest of the summer on my broken fairings, I decided to order new ones in. I really liked the look of the ones from eBay, and the price was pretty good. I don't have the link here at work, but I think I paid around $550 CAD shipped, so no real complaints about that.

I even had someone on eBay email me and ask what I thought about them, and I will post it below (so I don't need to write it again, his msg is on the bottom):

Dear tack2814,

No worries about bothering me, how else would you find out about them. I was a little skeptical about it at first, everyone I talked to said they wouldn't fit, whatever. They fit pretty well, the tail sections we a little tight to get on, and some of the mounting tabs were in the wrong place, or too small. Easy fix to just use a small drill bit and widen the holes, which I did have to do a few times. I did notice a few painting errors, but they are something you would have to be right up close to see, such as a few minor paint bubbles. Again, nothing really noticable when you are just looking at it from a normal distance. I did have some fitment issues with the upper and lower fairings, where they meet on the sides, there is a small, maybe 1-2mm gap at some areas between the two pieces. Again, nothing really noticable when you look at it from a far. Another things that I found a little stupid was on the lower fairings where they attach to the gas tank, the holes are drilled quite large, so I used large metal washers to hold the pieces on. I haven't been able to find a black plastic washer yet, but maybe you are more inventive than I am.

I would order them again, they look fantastic, and I get lots of compliments. It helps to hide the fact that it is a 250cc (unless you know the body). Dealing with them was not bad at all, they arrived relatively quickly, about 3 weeks, and they were packaged very well from the company (I was really impressed with the packaging). Hope any of this helps,

www.ninjette.org if you aren't already a member is a good site full of usefull information and simple mods you can do for relatively cheap (shimming the carbs is the best one)

- tonyfrombigo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: tonyfrombigo
Subject: tack2814 has sent a message
Sent Date: 08-Mar-10 14:09:11 EST

Dear tonyfrombigo,

hey, sorry to bother you but i saw that you bought the abs plastics from "bike z" i was just wondering if i gould get some insight from you because i ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and they said they were painting them and it would take 12 days i was just wondering about your experience and how the quality of the plastic is thanks so much.

- tack2814
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2097.JPG (60.5 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2098.JPG (70.4 KB, 477 views)
T-? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Wow, looks decent!

Old March 10th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #3
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

I have wondered about these too - how did the front cowling (headlight) fit? How about some close up pics of the imperfections?

The bike looks good...
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #4
T-?
ninjette.org newbie

Do you mean the headlight itself? It fit fine, but I did have to take off metal mounting tabs on the back side of the headlight assembly. Other than that though, the headlight fit perfectly, and riding at night confirms that it is still pointed correctly, maybe a touch lower.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2099.jpg (54.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2100.jpg (71.0 KB, 112 views)

Old March 10th, 2010, 07:24 PM   #5
Davidb1986
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r SE green with Monster energy decals!!!

Could you email whatever pics you have davidb1986@msn.com ? I am thinking about ordering those fairing when I have the money. Thank you ahead of time.
Davidb1986 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2010, 10:18 PM   #6
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-? View Post
I would order them again, they look fantastic, and I get lots of compliments. It helps to hide the fact that it is a 250cc (unless you know the body).
- tonyfrombigo

- tack2814
can't hide the fact that it is 250cc..cuz it's written on the tail section

Looks real good though...little gap but not noticible at all...Would make a nice spare set for the track
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #7
austexjg
ninjette.org sage

Name: J.G.

Motorcycle(s): '09 zx6r Green/Black, (ex-)Diablo Black '09 Ninja 250r

The gaps between fairings isn't that bad, but like you, my eye would always be looking at it. I like the overall look.
austexjg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #8
T-?
ninjette.org newbie

David, I will email you more pictures when its nicer outside. We are experiencing hurrican type winds, so not looking forward to taking the cover off the bike

Thanks all, I really like the look of it, and feel it turned out well. Big ups to my wife for letting me park it in the living room to work on it

Old March 11th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #9
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja EX250R

Ya I was looking at those as well, they said they would custom paint to what ever I wanted. Doesn't look that bad at all. Personally that gap would bug the hell out of me and I'd have to spend hours fixing it....just the way I am, and that's why the basement in my house isn't done yet....really dumb and I wish I could over come it, but everything that I do has to be flawless.

Looks good though, might have to order a set from them in a custom paint scheme

Thanks for posting that

Old May 20th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #10
paterick4o8
ninjette.org sage

Name: patricK

Motorcycle(s): '08 blue 250R [sold]. '09 lime ZX-6R [stolen :( ]. '06 blue 636.

thanks for this post! something to consider if in need of fairings on the cheap

but yeah, like Rob, those gaps would bug the heck out of me and I'd probably spend a while trying to close them
paterick4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #11
vollrathdude
ninjette.org member

Name: jordan

Motorcycle(s): '09 250r se

I finally got mine installed. It took me 2 weeks to get them mounted and it was an absolute bitch to make fit. Absolutely nothing fit out of the box and install required no less than a full garage of tools, drill, bench grinder, hack saws etc as well as epoxy and spare sheets of hard plastic and some small corner brackets to reinforce the flimsy mounting tabs (some of which busted) courtesy of home depot. That said, after all is said and done, they look half decent. For me luckily most of the ****** parts wound up being covered and there aren't really any significant gaps anywhere.

What bugged me the most was that on the tail fairing on one side i had to completely forgo bolting a tab because there was no feasible way to make it fit. On the upper fairing there weren't even any tabs to put the side bolts into. I made some out of plastic/epoxy but soon enough they broke off from the stress of bending the piece to make it fit with the lowers. Surprisingly, not even the windscreen they sent fit into the upper fairing, but since its dark smoked and looks cool i put er on anyways.

The paint job looks pretty decent and the zx2r decal i got them to put on the tail fairings looks pretty sharp. At one point i believe there is a hair under the clear coat lol. The paint tends to chip fairly easily during modification of the plastic but i can't really count that against them because i've never hacked at the stock ones for comparison.

Would i buy them again? Hells yes. For the price of one lower OEM special ed fairing they shipped me the ENTIRE bike, even the pieces such as the gauge surround and radiator shroud and taillight cover thingy. Cost of OEM parts - probably around 1200. Cost of chinese **** - 600 shipped. Difference of $600 divide that by about 20 hours and since my time is most likely worth less than $30/hour i would say that they were a good investment. They look decent and are good value for riders living below the poverty line lol.

Before you buy them just beware of what you're getting into - they will not be an easy install but will eventually turn out alright. I was warned of this ahead of time but grossly misjudged the extend to which the fitment would suck ass. All in all i give them a thumbs up
vollrathdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 4th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #12
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Many

Not really sure why people buy aftermarket Chinese fairings when you can buy the real thing for less. maybe I am missing something. We only do a limited range of colours (one more than Henry Ford who only did black on his Model T) but I can guarantee they are 100% genuine and will be a perfect colour match and fit like the originals. The only problem is keeping up with demand... More stock coming later this week. http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...2_1045_791_792
tygapaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2012, 12:59 AM   #13
Z300
Ninja noobie

Name: NOOBIE

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

typapaul do you guys do red cause i cant see any red ones
Z300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #14
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygapaul View Post
Not really sure why people buy aftermarket Chinese fairings when you can buy the real thing for less. maybe I am missing something. We only do a limited range of colours (one more than Henry Ford who only did black on his Model T) but I can guarantee they are 100% genuine and will be a perfect colour match and fit like the originals. The only problem is keeping up with demand... More stock coming later this week. http://tyga-performance.com/site/ind...2_1045_791_792
Great pricing there too as long as shipping doesn't spoil it.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 5th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #15
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

We only do black and green because these are the main colours available locally. All the non painted parts are the same so we can supply them of course.

On the issue of shipping, we pass on all the discounts we get from couriers and our experienced packers consolidate the parts into one box so they arrive safely but are cheaper to send. We use foam, bubble wrap etc. There are a few choices for shipping and SAL is pretty reasonable as long as you are prepared to wait 2 or three weeks for it to arrive.

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #16
RaceBikeRentals
Pimpin

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): Bunch of em

Quote:
Paul, your prices are amazing. I don't know why anyone would go aftermarket with those prices!

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #17
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Street Fighter
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #18
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

I'm curious about why a lot of the right side parts of the bike are not in stock. Do riders crash that side more or does it have something to do with the production? Weird lol

Edit: Also is there a mailing list I could join to buy right side parts?
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #19
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

First thing, I just noticed that there is a red version of the Ninja available in Thailand so please shoot me a mail with part number and I'll do my best to see if it is the same red.

On the panels, they all seem to get trashed, left, right, front, the lot... Anyway, we have some more panels on their way to us. Just not sure on the exact delivery date so please check our site from time to time.

Old September 8th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Z300
Ninja noobie

Quote:
First thing, I just noticed that there is a red version of the Ninja available in Thailand so please shoot me a mail with part number and I'll do my best to see if it is the same red.

On the panels, they all seem to get trashed, left, right, front, the lot... Anyway, we have some more panels on their way to us. Just not sure on the exact delivery date so please check our site from time to time.
are the non painted ones white in colour?

Old September 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #21
SSG54
ninjette.org member

Name: Benny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

hmmmm i like this, I can buy just about any color ninja i get at a good price and change the color to what I want for about $600.... cool
SSG54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #22
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

The panels are all painted but not stickered up from Kawasaki. As some schemes share the same base colour it means the same panel is used for a couple of schemes. However, it can be along wait for the stickers. Right now, even the panels are on back order at Kawa On the plus side, we have just got a new shipment of other parts in.

We were thinking of offering a complete body kit at a discount. We could include the tank too, Just bear in mind they are for fuel in
jected model only.

Old September 11th, 2012, 04:07 AM   #23
SSG54
ninjette.org member

Name: Benny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
The panels are all painted but not stickered up from Kawasaki. As some schemes share the same base colour it means the same panel is used for a couple of schemes. However, it can be along wait for the stickers. Right now, even the panels are on back order at Kawa On the plus side, we have just got a new shipment of other parts in.

We were thinking of offering a complete body kit at a discount. We could include the tank too, Just bear in mind they are for fuel in
jected model only.
a complete body kit discount would be perfect!
SSG54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #24
ShadowStalk3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Pierre

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Hey Paul can you give me a rough estimate for delivery to Australia for just 1 piece of plastic? I don't need it yet but just incase I crash...
ShadowStalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #25
Azhyen
ninjette.org Pirate

Name: Seph

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

To the OP. I got the same ones except in red. I'm a happy camper. :-)

Old September 11th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #26
atomicrm
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R

No Chance of getting them in White?
atomicrm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #27
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
@tygapaul

Thanksks for posting your site. I just wrecked and need virtually ALL plastic pieces and possibly some other hard parts as well as my bike took a gravel bath.

How are the thoughts of offering the "bike in a box" discount for the complete set?
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #28
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
@tygapaul

Thanksks for posting your site. I just wrecked and need virtually ALL plastic pieces and possibly some other hard parts as well as my bike took a gravel bath.

How are the thoughts of offering the "bike in a box" discount for the complete set?

Typical, no sooner had a I mentioned on this forum that we can source Kawa parts for your Ninja, Kawasaki tell us they are all back ordered up on bodywork. We have a lot of panels on order for weeks now. No problem on things like levers, mirrors, indicators etc which we have lots in stock. Basically, what we are telling folks now is order what you see is available on our site and for anything we don't have in stock, please look elsewhere. Hopefully, things will change soon.

Old September 19th, 2012, 03:18 AM   #29
stabilopro
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
Typical, no sooner had a I mentioned on this forum that we can source Kawa parts for your Ninja, Kawasaki tell us they are all back ordered up on bodywork. We have a lot of panels on order for weeks now. No problem on things like levers, mirrors, indicators etc which we have lots in stock. Basically, what we are telling folks now is order what you see is available on our site and for anything we don't have in stock, please look elsewhere. Hopefully, things will change soon.
Hi Paul, i have a 2010 SE ninja 250. Is The green color you mentioned the same as the SE edition (lime green)? Please let me know... Thanks
stabilopro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #30
tygapaul
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabilopro View Post
Hi Paul, i have a 2010 SE ninja 250. Is The green color you mentioned the same as the SE edition (lime green)? Please let me know... Thanks
I believe it is the suffix on the part number denotes the colour. The green we have is 777. Best to check this first just in case.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:48 PM   #31
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSG54 View Post
hmmmm i like this, I can buy just about any color ninja i get at a good price and change the color to what I want for about $600.... cool
Don't forget that you have to paint your tank...
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #32
Z300
Ninja noobie

Quote:

55028-0272-15I part number for the fairings left and right lower can you check if you guys have it please ty

Old January 29th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #33
the big mike
ninjette.org sage

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, Fazer8

This is very interesting

Old January 29th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #34
StephenA
Riding Ruby..

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec, 2007 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko View Post
Street Fighter

Old January 30th, 2013, 12:30 AM   #35
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
I believe it is the suffix on the part number denotes the colour. The green we have is 777. Best to check this first just in case.
The suffix is part of the full part number. Basically, their diagrams all list the same part number for, say a front sprocket on all chain-driven bikes, but that's just the first part. You look up that number in the actual parts list for that bike to get the full part number. Variations and newer versions get appended letters in the diagram but still correspond to a full numeric part number with suffix in the list. So green, blue, red, etc for a particular year would have a #####A, #####B, #####C, ... in the diagram but correspond with #####-####, #####-####, #####-####, ... full part numbers in the parts list for that particular year/model.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 21st, 2013, 12:54 AM   #36
bbjminardo
ninjette.org member

Name: Minardo

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Black Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-? View Post
I would order them again, they look fantastic, and I get lots of compliments. It helps to hide the fact that it is a 250cc (unless you know the body).
Man I was dead set on getting red ones just like that just for a back up set but I have to say idk if its worth the 500 bucks now. I dont like the flow onto the solid black tank just looks a little cheap. Now I deffiently still like it but to spend 500 just for the extra set isn't all worth it anymore kinda bummed but then kinda happy about not spending 500 bucks!
bbjminardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #37
IF13
WOT WOT WOT

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Damn, I wish I saw your promo posts. I just bought a headlight bracket for $130. Your site has it for $50 something.

If anyone' looking to buying replacement parts, start with this guy's site.

Sorry I had to grave dig but I was searching around the forum to see the opinions regarding aftermarket parts.
IF13 is offline   Reply With Quote