Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM   #41
spooph
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
I really like ninja250.org, simply because it's different from the many other ninjette specific forums. Variety, especially on the internet is a must. Even if it's just to keep those folks over there and not here... :P That was a joke. The site is also add free, and completely paid for by the members, so who am I to have any say? They are an exclusive community with an open door. You don't want to play their way, cool, don't play, eh? I also appreciate their intolerant attitude, again, simply because few other places are like that. I know if I ask a question there, I'm gonna get educated with a quickness.

However, I like this place, A LOT! Layout, people and content, it's all very good. Quite a bit of fluff, but hey, that's what happens when everybody's having a good time, no? I think Alex has done an excellent job with this site.

Scotty, I've been with Newninja.com for a long time, and it's usually the first forum I check on a daily basis just because it was my first and I've been through a lot with that site and it's members. I also like the focus on the new-gen ninja and the lack of pre-gens. I joined because I have a new-gen. I have nothing against the pre-gens, they're just not really something I focus on. Unfortunately things went south for a while, but the future looks bright with a new backend and management. We'd love to have you there as well!

I guess I can also add that in my mind, newninja.com is to the new-gen what ninja250.org is to the old-gen. A tight knit community very focused on a specific bike. I would love to see it grow, but not at the expense of another ninjette forum.

I think the thing I love most about forums is the flavor each one has, and I like the ninjette.org and newninja.com flavor, for their differences.

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.
spooph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #42
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar250 View Post
I tried posting a DIY on HID conversion over there and was met with quite the attitude, called names & sworn at. Apparently they prefer stock headlights. Dropped them like a bad habit and came here finding a much friendlier place.
The majority of the "conversions" are not true conversions, since only the bulb is replaced. To get a true (and effective) HID headlight, you need to replace the entire headlight, including the reflector and the lens. Sylvania makes some fantastic H4 and H7 ultra bright headlights that are WAY brighter than stock, and cost way less than the "HID" kits out on the market.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #43
headshrink

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
We have the .org and .net, but someone in Spain has been parked on the ninjette.com address for years, with no content as of yet.
Shall we initiate the contract then?

Last futzed with by headshrink; January 28th, 2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling... what else.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #44
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

I've tried a number of times, and have them both on auto-notify from my domain registrar so if they ever do not renew, I'll be aware of it. But I've never received a response from any contact information I could find on it.

Quote:
Domain Name: ninjette.com
Created on..............: 2000-02-01
Expires on..............: 2012-02-01

Administrative Contact:
Domain Discreet
ATTN: ninjette.com
Rua Dr. Brito Camara, n 20, 1
Funchal, Madeira 9000-039
PT
Phone: 1-902-7495331
Email: bbce9f330a141152001d1bdc9a9c98ae@domaindiscreet.com

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #45
headshrink

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I was being silly.... I meant to type 'contract', but instead wrote 'contact.' I guess contact has more actual meaning in context, though I didn't even think of contacting them. Sound like Alex is on top of it though.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote