ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Notices

Old June 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #1
eyeheartny
ninjette.org member

Name: N

Motorcycle(s): None yet!

REV'IT Pants: One 4-season or 2 different pairs?

I've been trying to decide between one pant to do it all-- the Defender-- or the Legacy paired with the Airwave pants for warmer days. Abrasion resistance is a priority, as is the highest-quality armor. The reason I'd considered the Defender is that with the liners removed and vents open, it seems like it might not be as hot. That combined with the SAS-TEC armor seemed like a good combo. That said, I don't want to be too hot in the Defender pants if I'd be better served by two pairs rather than one. I'd appreciate any advice.

Old June 10th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Reswob
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

FWIW, the Tornado pants are nearly identical to the Airwave, but come with a waterproof/thermal liner. That would work year round around here.

Old June 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

"Jack of all trades, master of none" usually comes to mind for me with four-season pants. I expect any you get will perform excellently in the cold, but not so well when it really heats up.
Brother Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #4
eyeheartny
ninjette.org member

Name: N

Motorcycle(s): None yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reswob View Post
FWIW, the Tornado pants are nearly identical to the Airwave, but come with a waterproof/thermal liner. That would work year round around here.
Thanks-- I've thought about those. One issue I'm having is the abrasion protection. Neither the Airwave nor the Tornado look particularly burly, and I want to have as much protection as I can. I'm thinking of upgrading the armor to Forcefield but am considering ordering an older pair of the Turbine pants from Germany because of the higher degree of protection.

Thoughts?