ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Cargo Space

Notices

Old July 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #1
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

One SW-Motech Alu-Rack + 1 Coocase =

... the start of a sport-touring Ninjette.

I bought but didn't use the specialized SW-Motech Coocase adapter (still in its shrinkwrap). I liked the position of the universal Coocase mount. Hopefully my test passenger won't end up changing my mind.

Love the Coocase already; enough space, nicely locking with remote control, running and brake lights.
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #2
seanshawnS
ninjette.org member

Name: SHAWN

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250r(2012PR)

What other upgrades are you planning to make her more sport-touring capable?

It's definitely the "start" else it would be a lot dirtier
seanshawnS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Let's see still need side cases, new seats, heated grips, sport touring windshield, maybe some frame sliders, I liked to stretch my legs out and rest them on the sliders, GPS, got a clock on there? You should probably get a clock. Definitely some BT45 tires, oh and a cup holder. ****in love cup holders.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Next mod would have to be the ST windscreen----zgoutlet.com or ebay. I got mine off ebay for awesome price. A corbin seat is nice or have yours redone. There's a guy on ebay that does custom seats and have had many great reviews. The stock seat forces you to slide towards the tank which I hate since I'm always have to scoot back. Don't forget to adjust your preload accordingly for the rear shock.

And all the things mentioned by Jiggles too. For a cupholder, you can make an adapter to and mount it using the stock handle bar bolts for a two cup holder. I've seen this done on a k6 Gsxr 1k. He uses a thermal cup and doesn't spill.

Old July 29th, 2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Modular helmet + cup holder = awesomeness
AFM #676

Old July 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #6
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

CN called it; ZG light smoke sport touring sceen is next up. That's probably it for this year.

A seat would be a luxury ... I've learned not to wear my cup to karate but after that lesson no hurry on a seat.

Cup holders are right out. Not even sure they should be encouraged in cars

Old July 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Cup holders are the ****! Hit a nice long stop light kick it in neutral life up your helmet and take a nice refreshing swig. I have no clue where to mount it on my 1000 though D:

AFM #676

Old August 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Update: The (scratch and dent) Coocase had its 1 and 3 wires backwards so the remote's unlock button locked the case and vice versa. Not too hard to fix after a call to the helpful guys at TT.

Also: pillion rider says no issues with the forward position of the Coocase universal mount. 37 liters just (just!) holds a size L helmet and her riding jacket.

Gotta see if the insurance will give me a discount for having an alarm. I've tested it; even trying to sit on the bike sets if off (good!)

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #9
Old Guy on a '08
Chris

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): BLACK!!! '08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Modular helmet + cup holder = awesomeness
Even better than a cup holder is a hydration pack.... Camelback or whatever

Old Guy on a '08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2012, 08:12 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Like I would defile my monster or beer by putting it in a hydration pack. For shame
AFM #676

Old September 10th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #11
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
ST farkles + heavy luggage + contents thereof + passenger = lots and lots of weight.

Let us know how it performs… or rather, doesn't.

I think the 250 has adequate power as-is, even with gear for a one-person trip (I did it -- a 2500 mile road trip, no complaints). With all that extra stuff… not so sure.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 15th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #12
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
ST farkles + heavy luggage + contents thereof + passenger = lots and lots of weight.

Let us know how it performs… or rather, doesn't.

I think the 250 has adequate power as-is, even with gear for a one-person trip (I did it -- a 2500 mile road trip, no complaints). With all that extra stuff… not so sure.
I don't yet do a lot of long trips. It has successfully carried me + passenger + Coocase full of heavy books and a tablet across town; just have to wring the gears out whereas alone I tend to short-shift for mpg (by which I mean; anything under the point where the rpm/torque curve heads downward, around 10k stock, is short-shifting.)

I didn't buy a case thinking I'd carve canyons (if anyone finds a canyon in MI, let me know) with a fully-laden bike.

Q: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen 2012 Ninjette? What, do you mean the American (carbs) or European (EFI) Ninjette? I don't know ***aaaaa, falls into the Pit of Eternal Peril ***

Old March 6th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #13
mlj2093
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawi 250 SE

A cup holder is definitely a necessity.
mlj2093 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:16 PM   #14
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

(edit: unquoted myself as Alex fixed the links. Thanks!)

Can't find the edit? Oh well, quoting myself to fix dead links to a domain I relinquished.

Last futzed with by Numbersix; May 25th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:22 PM   #15
krolinked
Nerd

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ducati Hyperstrada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
Q: What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen 2012 Ninjette? What, do you mean the American (carbs) or European (EFI) Ninjette? I don't know ***aaaaa, falls into the Pit of Eternal Peril ***
Monthy Python!

Old May 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #16
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

I fixed the pics in the first post.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #17
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Got mine all setup this weekend, and I REALLY like it. One problem... I want the bigger case. I'm not putting my V37 Wizard case up for sale YET, but if anyone is interested let me know.

Side note: They list the wrong backrest on their website.... so I'll have to get that settled this week, but no biggie.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #18
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Got mine all setup this weekend, and I REALLY like it. One problem... I want the bigger case. I'm not putting my V37 Wizard case up for sale YET, but if anyone is interested let me know.

Side note: They list the wrong backrest on their website.... so I'll have to get that settled this week, but no biggie.
Makes sense. A year in, I've occasionally run into situations where I wish I'd gotten the 50 liter case. Still, I got a good buy on a scratch/dent case (the only scratch is on the lid that can be replaced at will).

A tip: the lining is nice on the case for preventing damage to fragile things, but it takes up more volume than I expected. I commonly remove it to fit a few extra things.