ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM   #1
cadymae
Cadymae

Name: Caryn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Rainbows, Visors, and Boxing

So my boxing instructor asked me to get contacts. Before I got them I had one pair of glasses, which I took off to read, and one pair of prescription sunglasses. After I got contacts I needed to also buy non-prescription sunglasses AND readers. (How does getting rid of your glasses make you end up with MORE glasses?) Anyway, I live in Florida and need sunglasses.

So I happily skipped into Sunglass Hut for the first time ever to buy sunglasses.

I now own 1 pair of Oakley and 2 pair of Maui Jim's.

First off, the Maui Jim lenses are the best things I have ever seen through. I actually go AHHHH! when I put them on they feel so good.

The Oakley frames are cool but the lenses do not make me as happy as the MJs.

But that is not really why I'm posting.

I'm posting because of all the rainbows I see in the world when I put down the visor on my HJC while wearing the MJs. Oil slicks look so neat I have to remind myself they are dangerous to me on 2 wheels. (I know all of youse who have worn non-script sunglasses for years are probably laughing at me. )

Back to the reason for this post. Is there a visor I can buy that offsets the rainbows I see everywhere, (car windows, rain puddles, oil on the ground.)
Or is that precisely the "polarizing" that makes the glasses feel so nice to look through and I should ditch the sunglasses and get a polarized shield?

Walking around in rainbow world is fine. Riding, it is kind of distracting.

-C.
cadymae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2015, 02:01 PM   #2
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
It is the polarized lenses.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 23rd, 2015, 04:18 PM   #3
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadymae View Post
So my boxing instructor asked me to get contacts. Before I got them I had one pair of glasses, which I took off to read, and one pair of prescription sunglasses. After I got contacts I needed to also buy non-prescription sunglasses AND readers. (How does getting rid of your glasses make you end up with MORE glasses?) Anyway, I live in Florida and need sunglasses.

So I happily skipped into Sunglass Hut for the first time ever to buy sunglasses.

I now own 1 pair of Oakley and 2 pair of Maui Jim's.

First off, the Maui Jim lenses are the best things I have ever seen through. I actually go AHHHH! when I put them on they feel so good.

The Oakley frames are cool but the lenses do not make me as happy as the MJs.

But that is not really why I'm posting.

I'm posting because of all the rainbows I see in the world when I put down the visor on my HJC while wearing the MJs. Oil slicks look so neat I have to remind myself they are dangerous to me on 2 wheels. (I know all of youse who have worn non-script sunglasses for years are probably laughing at me. )

Back to the reason for this post. Is there a visor I can buy that offsets the rainbows I see everywhere, (car windows, rain puddles, oil on the ground.)
Or is that precisely the "polarizing" that makes the glasses feel so nice to look through and I should ditch the sunglasses and get a polarized shield?

Walking around in rainbow world is fine. Riding, it is kind of distracting.

-C.
Try Costa Del Mar next time you need some sunglasses. They are local (for me) and are supa kool (like me). Life time warranty. I've been wearing them for 15 years and only paid for the first pair.

Built by hand. Backed for life.

We assemble every pair of Costas by hand in Florida. Call us perfectionists, but we want each pair to be perfect. If you find a defect in materials or workmanship in your glasses, we'll gladly repair or replace them under Costa's Limited Lifetime Warranty.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 23rd, 2015, 04:26 PM   #4
xXecuterXx2
ChocolateMilk Addict

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): '05 EX-250 "Kallie" 85 KLT 110 ATC "Murdock"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Try Costa Del Mar next time you need some sunglasses. They are local (for me) and are supa kool (like me).
Supa kool you say? Consider it done.

Old October 26th, 2015, 10:04 AM   #5
cadymae
Cadymae

Name: Caryn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Try Costa Del Mar next time you need some sunglasses. We assemble every pair of Costas by hand in Florida.
The CABALLITOs look very nice. You sell them? How do I get you a commissiom?
cadymae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2015, 10:09 AM   #6
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadymae View Post
The CABALLITOs look very nice. You sell them? How do I get you a commissiom?
Trust fund kids do not need a commission.

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote