ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old April 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Rozzie
ninjette.org member

Name: Rozzie

Motorcycle(s): EX250R

Ladies Alpinestars S-MX 5 vs Dainese Siren D-WP

Here are my thoughts on both these boots! For people thinking of getting riding boots, I definitely recommend including them as part of your everyday gear. A great investment as they are so practical, comfortable and the ankle/foot protection is a heck of a lot safer than regular shoes.

Alpinestars S-MX 5- slightly more stiff and less traction on the sole, possibly more protective with the plastic exterior. The white adds some visibility so that is nice compared to the all black. The side zipper zips and feels a bit more comfortable than the Sired when comparing the two for me. Better airflow than the Siren, the material under my foot stays cooler.

Dainese Siren: Better for walking around in (ie grocery shopping, going to the mall for a few items) All leather and rubber, so it's softer and more comfortable wearing. Practically no break in period necessary, compared to the S-MX which was stiffer for longer period of time. Non slip sole is great and waterproof interior.

Both are lightweight, great quality booths, so I recommend both!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg -1.jpg (111.5 KB, 5 views)
Rozzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:30 PM   #2
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzie View Post
Here are my thoughts on both these boots! For people thinking of getting riding boots, I definitely recommend including them as part of your everyday gear. A great investment as they are so practical, comfortable and the ankle/foot protection is a heck of a lot safer than regular shoes.

Alpinestars S-MX 5- slightly more stiff and less traction on the sole, possibly more protective with the plastic exterior. The white adds some visibility so that is nice compared to the all black. The side zipper zips and feels a bit more comfortable than the Sired when comparing the two for me. Better airflow than the Siren, the material under my foot stays cooler.

Dainese Siren: Better for walking around in (ie grocery shopping, going to the mall for a few items) All leather and rubber, so it's softer and more comfortable wearing. Practically no break in period necessary, compared to the S-MX which was stiffer for longer period of time. Non slip sole is great and waterproof interior.

Both are lightweight, great quality booths, so I recommend both!
Thank you for this post. I need to get my girlfriend some boots before she starts riding passenger and this post was really useful information. It seems like the Dainese boots might suit hre better.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM   #3
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Annette

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

Hey Rozzie!

I thought your photo looked familiar, and then I realized it's because I follow you on Instagram! Haha.

Anyway, I own the SM-X 5 Alpinestars boots, but I ruined the left boot at my last track day. Basically, I dragged too much toe and it wore straight through all of the layers. I don't think that the boot can be repaired anymore, which I'm really bummed about. I really like the boots, though, and would get them again.

Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Rozzie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUc View Post
Thank you for this post. I need to get my girlfriend some boots before she starts riding passenger and this post was really useful information. It seems like the Dainese boots might suit hre better.

No problem! The Dainese are really awesome quality product

Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM   #5
Rozzie
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling Ninja View Post
Hey Rozzie!

I thought your photo looked familiar, and then I realized it's because I follow you on Instagram! Haha.

Anyway, I own the SM-X 5 Alpinestars boots, but I ruined the left boot at my last track day. Basically, I dragged too much toe and it wore straight through all of the layers. I don't think that the boot can be repaired anymore, which I'm really bummed about. I really like the boots, though, and would get them again.
Hey Annette! Nice seeing you on here you have a great visual memory, i posted that photo back last fall on my instagram probably