ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old July 15th, 2015, 01:30 PM   #1
JayJay
ninjette.org member

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Texas??

Maybe this is not the right place to put this, but maybe it is.

Am I just overlooking all the SE Texas riders?? Do they exist??

Tell me i'm not alone!!
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2015, 01:37 PM   #2
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

LOL .... MotoHouston.com maybe? To be honest I am not sure I have ever even been in this sub forums before so I imagine there are some of us out there around you.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Maybe this is not the right place to put this, but maybe it is.

Am I just overlooking all the SE Texas riders?? Do they exist??

Tell me i'm not alone!!

I've used that line often. I usually just get a mumble back.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 15th, 2015, 02:15 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I've used that line often. I usually just get a mumble back.
Attached Images
File Type: png more.than.a.mouthful.cccowboy.achievement.png (13.0 KB, 279 views)
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #5
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 ABS

I'm in texas! Wont have my bike till friday though. It'll be my very first one. I'min east texas
Jasonm163 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2015, 07:23 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome Jason!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2015, 07:23 PM   #7
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Thanks!

Old July 15th, 2015, 07:55 PM   #8
Ninja Rob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

I'm in Texas! but maybe about 9 hours south of you.

Old July 16th, 2015, 06:28 AM   #9
JayJay
ninjette.org member

What kind of bike are you getting Jason?? Welcome to the forum
What part of SE are you in??

9hours is a long haul, Rob.

Old July 16th, 2015, 09:28 AM   #10
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

I am in Tyler texas. About an hour and a half southeast of the dallas/ftworth area. I am buying a used 2015 White Ninja 300 w/ ABS. Has 3.4k miles on it and is in 100% perfect condition. Picking it up for $4200 tomorrow. But now I need to learn how to ride, but before that I need to buy all my gear. I am a small guy at 5'7" and 130 lbs. Need some really comfy and cool gear since it reaches 100+ temps here in tx as you guys now.

I think I already found a good Bell helmet called a bell vortex on revzilla.

Old July 16th, 2015, 01:02 PM   #11
JayJay
ninjette.org member

I HIGHLY recommend taking the Tx MTC course. I will look up the link later and post it for you, i can't remember it off the top of my head. $235 dollars for the course, best money i've spent(in my motorcycle world anyways).

Take it slow, don't push yourself, but challenger yourself. Don't be ashamed of baby steps.

I have a coretech jacket, of course i am a woman, but i feel safe in my cortech. I would say check craigslist, but just becareful. I bought my shoei helmet on CL for 50 bucks. Needed a new lens, but it wasn't terrible when i got it.

Congrats on the great deal on the bike White ninja's are so pretty. I bought a 2012 Green ninja 250R. it had 12k on it when i bought it, it's been roughed up a little but i'm okay with that. we only paid 1500 so we seriously couldn't pass it up.

I'm about an hour/hour and a half north of houston.

Old July 16th, 2015, 01:10 PM   #12
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Awesome! Yes I've looked into that class already and plan on taking it in the next few weeks, should get me my license as well as a discount on insurance once I complete it. Ill post up some photos in a new thread once I get the bike. Nice meeting you!

Old July 17th, 2015, 05:48 AM   #13
JayJay
ninjette.org member

Nice meeting you too!!

Enjoy your baby

Old July 19th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #14
Ninja Rob
ninjette.org guru

Those Texas Temperatures.

Just an ordinary day in Texas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150719_183835.jpg (32.7 KB, 2 views)

Old July 20th, 2015, 07:16 AM   #15
JayJay
ninjette.org member

Truth. Plus 99.9% humidity....
Might as well be swimming!

Old July 21st, 2015, 02:19 PM   #16
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

There are folks way out there. Just not as many. Every so often a group will do a ride out there to Livingston-ish from Houston-ish.

Old July 21st, 2015, 02:30 PM   #17
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Haha yeah I went out practicing in my condo parking lot and it was 102 with high humidty. Did it for 20-30 moms and came back inside lol

Old July 27th, 2015, 12:49 PM   #18
JayJay
ninjette.org member

@jason, how's all that going, learning with that new bike?
It took me a while before I was super comfortable. My boyfriend helped me alot.

I spent a lot of time doing circles and figure eights in my yard, granted we own 3 acres of soft grass :P

definitely take the class, and if you can find the MTC course taught by a gentleman named William, TAKE IT! He is such a great instructor.

Old August 15th, 2015, 02:21 PM   #19
Ninja Rob
ninjette.org guru

Another day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150815_161813.jpg (60.1 KB, 2 views)

Old August 15th, 2015, 02:24 PM   #20
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Quote:
@jason, how's all that going, learning with that new bike?
It took me a while before I was super comfortable. My boyfriend helped me alot.

I spent a lot of time doing circles and figure eights in my yard, granted we own 3 acres of soft grass :P

definitely take the class, and if you can find the MTC course taught by a gentleman named William, TAKE IT! He is such a great instructor.
Haha hey its going alright, still had it parked mostly. The earliest class for me is september 12th, ALL the others were full. :/

Plus that and you can see from the above pic its been pretty terribly hot outside. My buddy just got a bike so I think we may go out early tomorrow morning and practice before it reaches ridiculous temps

Old August 19th, 2015, 07:50 AM   #21
astricklin
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250

I am south of Fort Worth, ya this heat has killed riding. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday since it is cooling a little.
I have Bell Vortex helmet, I like it but it is a little noisy. I just wear ear plugs. How do you like yours?

Old August 19th, 2015, 08:21 AM   #22
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

I bought an arai rx q it seems quiet so far but I havnt been at any high speeds yet. It seems most people wear ear plugs anyways

Old August 19th, 2015, 08:58 AM   #23
JayJay
ninjette.org member

I agree, this heat is terrible. I've been sticking to driving my little blazer back and forth, this heat plus the humidity has me drenched in sweat even at 8am on my way to work.

Sad to hear you have to wait that long for a class :/ It'll go by pretty quickly though.

Old August 19th, 2015, 09:15 AM   #24
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I agree, this heat is terrible. I've been sticking to driving my little blazer back and forth, this heat plus the humidity has me drenched in sweat even at 8am on my way to work.

Sad to hear you have to wait that long for a class :/ It'll go by pretty quickly though.
Yeah no worries, my boots just came in yesterday and I have a tinted visor on the way.Im still driving around a small amount around my obscene even though I maybe should not be. Just having fun playing around with it. And yeah stay cool out there its been crazy.

Old August 19th, 2015, 10:22 AM   #25
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm163 View Post
I am in Tyler texas. About an hour and a half southeast of the dallas/ftworth area. I am buying a used 2015 White Ninja 300 w/ ABS. Has 3.4k miles on it and is in 100% perfect condition. Picking it up for $4200 tomorrow. But now I need to learn how to ride, but before that I need to buy all my gear. I am a small guy at 5'7" and 130 lbs. Need some really comfy and cool gear since it reaches 100+ temps here in tx as you guys now.

I think I already found a good Bell helmet called a bell vortex on revzilla.
Under Texas law, you cannot transfer the title of a motorcycle to your name unless you have motorcycle-specific liability insurance, which you cannot get until you have the motorcycle endorsement on your license. You cannot get the endorsement until you take and pass the MSF rider course and then take the written test at the local DPS office. Though you can give the seller money and receive the properly signed blue Title and the properly filled out and signed Texas form 130-U Application for Texas Title from the seller, without that insurance policy you'll get nowhere at the courthouse title office.

Please note, in Texas a bill of sale is pretty much meaningless when it comes to transferring ownership title on vehicles including motorcycles. Make sure the seller's name and signature match on the title and 130-U, and also note that if you take more than 20 days to submit the title and 130-U to the county they will start charging you a $20/month penalty with no upper limit, starting from the sale date written on the 130_u and the back of the title where the owner signs.

Edit to add, you mentioned that you've been riding it; if you're caught riding without a license and insurance, neither of which you have, the penalties and fines can be severe, perhaps upwards of a thousand bucks. In some counties they'll impound your bike and leave you standing on the side of the road, and you'll have to pay hundreds in impound fees on top of all the other fines, penalties, and court costs just to get your bike back. Fwiw...
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM   #26
Jasonm163
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
Under Texas law, you cannot transfer the title of a motorcycle to your name unless you have motorcycle-specific liability insurance, which you cannot get until you have the motorcycle endorsement on your license. You cannot get the endorsement until you take and pass the MSF rider course and then take the written test at the local DPS office. Though you can give the seller money and receive the properly signed blue Title and the properly filled out and signed Texas form 130-U Application for Texas Title from the seller, without that insurance policy you'll get nowhere at the courthouse title office.

Please note, in Texas a bill of sale is pretty much meaningless when it comes to transferring ownership title on vehicles including motorcycles. Make sure the seller's name and signature match on the title and 130-U, and also note that if you take more than 20 days to submit the title and 130-U to the county they will start charging you a $20/month penalty with no upper limit, starting from the sale date written on the 130_u and the back of the title where the owner signs.

Edit to add, you mentioned that you've been riding it; if you're caught riding without a license and insurance, neither of which you have, the penalties and fines can be severe, perhaps upwards of a thousand bucks. In some counties they'll impound your bike and leave you standing on the side of the road, and you'll have to pay hundreds in impound fees on top of all the other fines, penalties, and court costs just to get your bike back. Fwiw...
Well, no one must be abiding my the law I guess. I got motocycle insurance already paid for a full year and the state ready transferred the title to me with my name on it and everything. And I dont think the cops are going to pull me over in a parking lot practicing.