ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old September 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #1
Agustin
ninjette.org member

Name: Agustin

Motorcycle(s): 1993 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (sold), 2007 Yamaha R1, 2003 Suzuki GSXR-600

ACH group ride 09/19/2010

Hello everyone, a couple of other people that I ride with will be riding ACH this Sunday and I am inviting others to come along if you'd like. There are some rules that I ask that anyone abide by if you do attend. They are mostly for your safety and that of the group.

The ride will be at a mellow pace, mostly speed limit, no passing other riders. If you decide to participate, Please no shorts, t-shirts or flip flops as your primary "gear". We ask that you wear a minimum of gloves, jacket and boots of some sort. We also ask that your bike be in good mechanical condition. THIS RIDE IS AN EASY PACE RIDE, IF YOU CAN'T RIDE AN EASY PACE WITHOUT GETTING FRUSTRATED THIS IS NOT THE RIDE FOR YOU. This ride will have riders of all levels and as such I expect the faster riders to respect the newer riders. If you can't abide by this request, please don't show up for the ride.

This ride is perfect for all levels, there are few if any decreasing radius corners, there is lots of beautiful scenery. The plan is to ride to Newcomb's Ranch, stop, stretch and ogle some bikes and cars and then head to Wrightwood. In Wrightwood we will stop at the Grizzly Cafe for a bite and then head home via the 15 South.

Like I mentioned earlier, the ride is open to everyone so if you have wanted to hit up a canyon or mountain road and never found anyone to go with then this is your chance. The people I ride with and I are not reckless riders and getting home in one piece at the end of the day is the important thing.

WHEN: Sunday, Sept 19th Meetup at 9:00am KSU 9:15AM
MEET: Starbucks, 8399 Foothill Blvd, Sunland, CA 91040

Please arrive fueled up to the meetup spot, there is a gas station close to the Starbucks.

I will be on either a black 93 Ninja or a Blue Yamaha R1 if I don't get the chance to replace my rear tire prior to Sunday.

SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate

************* Skill Levels Defined:
Noobie - You have been riding your motorcycle for at least 3 months (hopefully more) and have confidence that you can ride around streets without any issues eg. stopping at stop lights, not stalling the bike, not falling over etc, making u-turns, etc.

Intermediate - You have been riding for at least 6 months (hopefully more) and feel comfortable enough to handle twisty roads as found in local canyons. You are mature enough to understand going slow is okay and not to try and keep up with riders that are faster than you as it will result in a crash.

Expert - You have been riding for years and hopefully been riding with the members going on the ride long enough to know how they ride.
Agustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #2
kkim

Thanks for the extended invitation. I hope some of the ninjette forum members participate in this well organized, responsible, safe group ride.

props to you for taking the time to be sure everyone rides safe and has fun.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #3
Ryosen11
ninjette.org member

Name: sho

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR Ninja 250R(sold)

I went there last weekend. There were some rocks and pinecones in certain areas so be careful.

The atmosphere and the scenery of the portion(eastern half) not affected by the Station Fire were just beautiful! (still sad to see the areas affected )

Have fun! Weather is looking great this weekend!

Last futzed with by Ryosen11; September 17th, 2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: image added
Ryosen11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Maybeeeeee. I have a few obligations this weekend, but I might be able to slip away come sunday. Although, I've scarcely touched canyons since I started hitting the track, and I've never ridden ACH. Being unfamiliar with the road and just generally being overly cautious on unclosed circuits means there's a good chance I'll get left behind a bit. But truth be told, I'm more interested in pleasant adventures through nice scenery than I am challenging performance riding when I'm riding in the wild these days, so a speed limit paced cruise sounds nice.

Do you have any sort of map of the route?
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #5
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Sounds like a great ride Agustin.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #6
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

I wish i could go on this ride it sounds fun for sure. I have not done a canyon run yet but i don't have the time in the saddle for your ride. I have been on the bike a month. I am comfortable on it and turns are smooth and fast for me. How often do you do these?
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM   #7
Agustin
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 1993 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (sold), 2007 Yamaha R1, 2003 Suzuki GSXR-600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Maybeeeeee. I have a few obligations this weekend, but I might be able to slip away come sunday. Although, I've scarcely touched canyons since I started hitting the track, and I've never ridden ACH. Being unfamiliar with the road and just generally being overly cautious on unclosed circuits means there's a good chance I'll get left behind a bit. But truth be told, I'm more interested in pleasant adventures through nice scenery than I am challenging performance riding when I'm riding in the wild these days, so a speed limit paced cruise sounds nice.

Do you have any sort of map of the route?
Zombiphone, having track experience will make this a breeze for you. I do keep to the speed limit for the most part when leading a group. I encourage everyone to "ride their own ride". We will stop at all intersections to re-group if anyone decides to fall behind and ride a slower pace. One of the main reasons I have seen newer riders or riders not familiar with a road crash is trying to keep up with faster riders.

Here is the route

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...2&ie=UTF8&z=17

Old September 18th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #8
Agustin
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I wish i could go on this ride it sounds fun for sure. I have not done a canyon run yet but i don't have the time in the saddle for your ride. I have been on the bike a month. I am comfortable on it and turns are smooth and fast for me. How often do you do these?
Havok, I ride ACH once or twice a month. I usually head down south, my favorite roads are Palomar's South and East Grade roads along with SR-22 going into and out of Borrego Springs.

Old September 18th, 2010, 05:14 PM   #9
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Well, I finally managed to find a buyer for a truck I'm selling, so I'm out for tomorrow to do the paperwork and let the guy pick it up (YAY! and BOO! at the same time). Looks like a great route, but I really want to unload this vehicle already, so I have to work around his schedule. So sorry! Hopefully I'll be able to join you if there's a next time. Have fun and ride safe!
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #10
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin View Post
Havok, I ride ACH once or twice a month. I usually head down south, my favorite roads are Palomar's South and East Grade roads along with SR-22 going into and out of Borrego Springs.

nice ill make a mental note of those roads. i was looking at lateral g and saw that they had some easy roads on there good for beginners so i may make a trip down soon to check them out and gage how i do.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote