ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Cargo Space

Old March 9th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #41
burningscooter
clutch

Name: nameless

Motorcycle(s): L1 GSXR600

I ordered the A* Range Backpack. Should be in today. Looking forward to it.
burningscooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #42
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread. My old backpack that I've been using for 3 years has finally got a big rip on the top. I used it during swimming season to carry my speedo (I'm on the swim team, not just a fat creep who wears speedos to the beach ), my towel, and shampoo. And now I'm using it for school again. It's pretty much given up on me now though haha. All my crap that I have to bring to school keeps poking through the sides of it.
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #43
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknyght View Post
Yogurt?! That's a pretty specific fear! LOL!

I don't lock it to the bike often, cause I definitely don't trust people in general... I have had too many things happen to my cars in the past (keyed, convertible top knifed, wiper blades stolen, tire flattened, etc), so I can only imagine what will happen to my bike! So 98% of the time, I just take it with me and hold it... And I have been fine with that so far...
Wow, that's one I've never heard of before hahaha
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #44
iceknyght
Recalculating. . .

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 (sold) '12 Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocha Man View Post
Wow, that's one I've never heard of before hahaha
Right?! Who the hell steals wiper blades?!

It was like the first rainy day of the season, and I am guessing someone thought they needed them more than me...

I just remember getting into my car that morning and noticing something didn't look quite right, so I flipped on my wipers and SCREEEEEEEEEEEEECH... Awesome.

Ah, the wonderful times of living in an apartment complex...

Old March 9th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #45
iceknyght
Recalculating. . .

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 (sold) '12 Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
Sometimes it is not about them winning it is about making sure you lose.
Yep. That was what most of the other stuff I mentioned were about, for sure... The people that lived below me were a*holes, to put it nicely, and even though I never caught them, I know it was them that were screwing around with my car... But I could never prove it... The way are apartments were, my car was actually right below me, so I couldn't actually see them, but they were always hanging around my car when I would need to go somewhere... Luckily, after about 6 months of that, they finally got evicted. And guess what, most of my problems went away!

Old April 5th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #46
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Icon Urban Tank Bag Didn't Hold up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja8 View Post
Here are some photos of the bag on my bike. Sorry it was already dark out when I got home from work. The bag is holding a 6 pack of bottles and a party size bag of Chips - You know, the bare essentials!

Looking at the photos it looks really large, but I am 5'7" 160lbs and it feels great on my tank. I can see over it by a good 6 inches and it doesn't touch my arms unless I tuck. Doesn't impede any movement and I've grown quite fond of having it full on my tank. After 2 evening rides I felt naked when trying to ride without it!
Wanted to update my reviews of this tankbag. As I suspected initially, the bag didn't hold up. After 3 weeks of commuting one of the magnets pieced the protective leather padding and scratched the hell out of my gas tank. Really disappointing because I loved the functionality of the bag. I've stuffed it full of groceries, clothes, my laptop, shoes, you name it. But the quality of the material is a bit lacking.

I'm out of the 30 day return period but I contacted Revzilla and they sent me a prepaid return slip and will initiate a warranty claim for me. Once it is approved they will either replace with the same bag or provide me a credit to use towards a new bag. THOSE GUYS ROCK!!!
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #47
codestp202

How do you guys attach your helmets to a non-bike bookbag? I wear a nice adidas bag and I will use it on my bike, but I'm wondering how I can strap my helmet on the thing when I'm walking to class

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #48
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
How do you guys attach your helmets to a non-bike bookbag? I wear a nice adidas bag and I will use it on my bike, but I'm wondering how I can strap my helmet on the thing when I'm walking to class
Simple, buy one of these...$2 at Walmart or any hardware store. Just hook to the helments D-Ring and attach to the strap or a look on your backpack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 23.jpg (5.2 KB, 108 views)

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #49
codestp202

wow, why didn't I think about that haha. Thanks dude

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #50
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
wow, why didn't I think about that haha. Thanks dude
No prob Only thing to consider is how much impact you are placing on the straps. If you are just going to and from class a couple times with the helmet hanging its probably no problem. But if you are going hiking with the helmet bouncing up and down supported only by the straps then be careful - Think of a woman with big boobs and no bra. A trip to end of the driveway to get the mail may be okay but going for a jog (while fun to watch) may not be the best idea.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #51
codestp202

Hahahah you have a very good point. It will only be from my bike to class then back! No extensive stuff.

Old April 17th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #52
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I have a monster energy/kawasaki backpack. Nothing special but it fits all of my text books and what not and has good adjustments + a cooler pouch that is easily torn but is pretty useful on long summer day rides (but when the packs full of books or w/e its kind of pointless) and has fleece lined compartments for a laptop and phone/ipod which is nice because it helps keep them warm on cold days and doesnt scratch them.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #53
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Just carefully carry your helmet. It works nicely as a little basket too just DON'T DROP IT!!!!!
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #54
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Just carefully carry your helmet. It works nicely as a little basket too just DON'T DROP IT!!!!!
+1 Also, don't hit it against walls or other people on accident!
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:41 PM   #55
MarcoPolo
ninjette.org member

Name: Marco

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja8 View Post
Simple, buy one of these...$2 at Walmart or any hardware store. Just hook to the helments D-Ring and attach to the strap or a look on your backpack.
GENIUS my search for a new backpack has stopped lol thanks!