ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #1
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250 Ninja

1) Turn signal not blinking (SOLVED), 2) Brake modulator down

Hey gang!
I looked around to see if anyone had the same problem and couldn't find exactly the same, so he it goes.
(I decided to ask, before I go and start unscrewing fairings and blinker covers)

I have a 2009 250 ninja that I keep outside under the cover. I went out yesterday to start it up after a few weeks sitting inactive with all the rain here in Toronto-region, Canada and I noticed two thing:

1) The rear right blinker stays on and doesn't blink when I engage the turn switch, the front right is not lit up at all. <<-- Could this be the culprit?
The entire left side is fine, but I THINK, the blinker relay is just a bit sluggish and makes louder than normal clicking sound just before engaging the blinkers.
Besides a dead bulb and/or relay, could it be anything else?
||
\/
SOLVED (post #4)

2) My brake light modulator stopped working. I've disconnected it and went to stock setting and the brake light is working fine. Connect the modulator back and the brake light stays lit but doesn't react to either brake levers.
The modulator is this (2 wires and a ground wire):
(http://www.kapscomoto.com/Shop-By-Pr...LERT-p902.html)

This is supposed to be a sealed unit, so I'd like to assume (yeah, right) that no moisture could get in. Perhaps, someone here uses exactly the same one I do?

NOTE: With the exception of a brake light modulator, my electrical system is bone stock!

I'm attaching the schematic of wiring and the actual settup
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Schem1.JPG (13.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg BLM_Comp.JPG (48.0 KB, 3 views)

Last futzed with by MysterioX; June 1st, 2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Update
MysterioX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2011, 06:44 PM   #2
kkim

1) most likely a burnt out right front bulb. check it and replace if it's blown. things should return to normal once it's replaced if that's the problem.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 27th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #3
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
1) most likely a burnt out right front bulb. check it and replace if it's blown. things should return to normal once it's replaced if that's the problem.
Yeah, I'll check it out tomorrow and report back.

Old May 28th, 2011, 03:00 PM   #4
MysterioX
ninjette.org member

OK.
After spending 40 minutes of my precious time digging around turn signals and checking front light bulbs and sockets, I've discovered that my "winterization guy" left me a present - disconnected front right turn signal!

With that out of the way, my brake light modulator is still NOT functioning. I changed the setup back to stock and brought the modulator home. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it (besides faulty circuitry inside the unit) or why it may have burnt out (IF that's what happened) when I barely rode the bike last season?
Since the stock setup works fine I don't think that there are any grounding problems.