ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Forum Info > Help

Notices

Old January 7th, 2022, 05:40 AM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Interface issues !

perhaps someone can help me with the issue I have been having...
i don't know if it'a a google problem or the web site problem but discribing this issue is kind'a hard.... what happens is I'm typing along making a post and
the spell checker pops up saying i missspelled something and I select the right spelling and go on... that usually goes without a hitch but somewhere along the line perhaps I hit back space first and then do the spellchecker i am not sure but I get in a mode where my curser is a space or 2 away from where it is putting the typed letters and if I try to backspace to delete the letter where the curser is it doesn't delete it there it deletes it where it is typing the letter...
it's very aggravating ! and ni to impossible to finish the post !
i think it's google getting screwed up but I am not sure ...
has anyone else ran into this problem ?
if I exit the post and the site and go back it's back where it should be
but there seams to be no way for me to fix it when it does it in a post.
it's like the interface gets confused and starts typing one or 2 spaces ahead of the cursor.... but it is difficult to tell where that is because the cursor is somewhere else.... could it be a special key that I can disable perhaps ???
about 3 days ago it happened right at the first of a post and rather than fight it I just left the site and re logged in and that cured it. but usually it happens well into a post and I don't want to retype the entire post !
it's very aggravating !
any help would be appreciated !
Bob........

Old January 7th, 2022, 05:57 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

There is no spellcheck on the site itself, all of that functionality is happening in your own web browser on your own client pc. If it is behaving weirdly in text boxes, I'd make sure that the browser is fully up to date. If it's Google Chrome, just pull down the settings menu, choose help, then About; it will confirm it's up to date or update it if necessary. Similar for Firefox.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 7th, 2022, 06:45 AM   #3
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
What OS and version are you using?
What browser and version are you using?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2022, 02:40 PM   #4
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks guys !
I am running windows 10 pro
and the browser is google chrome
I can't stand internet explorer, and the last time I used firefox i had major issues with it... but we have ran firefox in the past for several years
but I've gotten used to google now and would not like to change as it takes a long time to teach an old dog new tricks !
LOL....
i'm almost positive it's up to date ...in all honesty it's probably just my fumble fingers hitting a key, as to this day every once in a while the html editor comes up and i have no idea how to get it to come up ! a special key stroke of some sort ... in the "QUICK KEYS" i guess but I think those are turned off !
they were on and gave me fits !
Bob......

Old January 7th, 2022, 02:50 PM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Latest version is 97.x something, as of a day or two ago. It should look like this when you go to Settings/Help/About:

I wouldn't troubleshoot anything else until confirming the version. If it is the latest version, the next thing I'd check is any extensions that you have installed in the browser under settings/more tools/extensions, and disable/remove any of them that you aren't actually using.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2022, 02:59 PM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

ok thanks ...I tried to find an update button but got lost in my profile ! LOL
Bob.....

Old January 7th, 2022, 03:02 PM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

it automatically updated itself.... i guess it wasn't current !
thanks we'll see if it does it again if it does I'll look at the extensions....
thanks guys very much !
Bob....