ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old February 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1
maxwellca21
ninjette.org member

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250

ninja 250 VS mustang V6

no that's not me in the video, just came across this video while browsing on youtube. i dont really want to race anyone, but just a thought that my little bike can outrun a mustang v6 is pretty cool.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old February 4th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #2
DropDeadLED
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 09 ER6-N

You're impressed that our bikes can outrun an already slow car?

Interesting.
DropDeadLED is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Your 250's would not have out ran my old 1999 V6 Mustang. It had 215hp, plus a little extra umph...a 150 shot of nitrous oxide.

Nothing but tail lights. hahahahahahaha

That was a FUN car. I surprised a whole load of people in that thing.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #4
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Lol, you can turn any vehicle into a sleeper with a 150-shot of Nawss :P .

Old February 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #5
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

The funniest thing I experienced was that I was able to keep up with a v6 mustang in my stock U13 for awhile

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2011, 10:17 PM   #6
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

I love how everybody is so obsessed with drag racing, so many videos on youtube of car drivers talking about how they beat the 250 in straight line runs. I guarantee you I would leave those guys scratching their heads on a mountain climb.

Sorry for my rant but I just don't consider the 250 to be a drag bike without serious engine work, even then your limited by its displacement it just wasn't built for that. But I wouldn't take a tzr 125 to a drag strip either.

Old February 4th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #7
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeldren View Post
I love how everybody is so obsessed with drag racing, so many videos on youtube of car drivers talking about how they beat the 250 in straight line runs. I guarantee you I would leave those guys scratching their heads on a mountain climb.

Sorry for my rant but I just don't consider the 250 to be a drag bike without serious engine work, even then your limited by its displacement it just wasn't built for that. But I wouldn't take a tzr 125 to a drag strip either.
Its the American way lol.

I tuned my car to handle well and that's about it. Besides can't really drive or ride anything to its potential on the streets.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2011, 10:40 PM   #8
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Its the American way lol.

I tuned my car to handle well and that's about it. Besides can't really drive or ride anything to its potential on the streets.
I agree with you about riding anything to its potential on the streets but I think there are way too many people in the US who watched the fast and the furious series.

Old February 4th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #9
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daeldren View Post
I agree with you about riding anything to its potential on the streets but I think there are way too many people in the US who watched the fast and the furious series.
OMG, I remember the parking lots of the theaters I went to for those movies on opening weekend. Right after the movie let out is sounded like an army of pissed off lawnmowers and chainsaws trying to rip it up in the parking lots to streets. Dozens upon dozens of ricermobiles with the fart cans, lowered suspensions, bigger then stock rims, cheap body kits and pieces of body kits, crappy paint jobs (most of them anyway) and a stereo system that probably cost more then the rest of the car just revving the crap out of their little 4 bangers in the parking lot going absolutely nowhere.

As for racing the 1/4-mile, well as someone else said - it's the American way. Over here it's more about the cheap, quick thrill. Gotta remember many of the streets don't really allow for complicated (yet make-shift) race courses to be made and still get away with it. So it kids just got the quickest shortest races they could w/o getting caught, which was usually on a very flat/straight backroad away from the city where the cops didn't go.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #10
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Your 250's would not have out ran my old 1999 V6 Mustang. It had 215hp, plus a little extra umph...a 150 shot of nitrous oxide.

Nothing but tail lights. hahahahahahaha

That was a FUN car. I surprised a whole load of people in that thing.
Mark, I have a friend who is putting a tricked out 'Busa engine into a Smart Car.I can't wait till that's done. Now that would definitely be a sleeper.

The only sleeper I ever built was a 1960 VW Microbus that I crammed a 140HP Corvair Corsa engine in. It terrorized other Microbusses sinse it looked totally stock.

Old February 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #11
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Mmmm Smartabusa . (HayaSmartsa?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdJ84...eature=related

Yeah, drag racing has always been hugely popular in the states, largely because we are so techno-chauvinistic. We love whoever has the best gear, and any sort of skill (in almost anything, except perhaps playing guitar... but even talented musicians are being replaced by ametuer sound synthesizing technologies) falls way behind in importance.

Old February 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #12
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Mark, I have a friend who is putting a tricked out 'Busa engine into a Smart Car.I can't wait till that's done. Now that would definitely be a sleeper.

The only sleeper I ever built was a 1960 VW Microbus that I crammed a 140HP Corvair Corsa engine in. It terrorized other Microbusses sinse it looked totally stock.
I'd like to ride in something like that!

My toy was my old 1969 Chevy C-10. It had a cammed 454 with LT's and 2-ch Flowmasters. It sounded like a beast. Most people thought it was just loud exhaust and would think they could beat me due to the offroad tires it had on it. Truth was I could run mid to low 13's all day long. I knew what I could take down and what I couldn't. Man that was a fun truck. Sounded evil when you would first crank it up in the mornings too.

I was about to put in a plate running a 100-shot, but decided that I needed to sell it, it was soaking up my funds.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #13
Lvr
ninjette.org member

Name: Levi

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
I heard about a company making kits for that, can't remember if it was California or U.K. based. They called it the 'Smartuki.' It took the car from about 60hp stock to about 130hp, or so they said. Only I think they may have been using a gsx-r engine, not a 'busa.
Lvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #14
Animal78
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250(sold) 2000 Ninja 250 (sold) 2012 Ninja 250r 2020 Harley Sportster (rarely ridden)

Cars versus bikes on any level sounds like a nice way to end up a bloody hood ornament. LOL. I have been riding for years and still don't get why somebody would pull up in their car and try and race a bike any bike for that matter. I have raced plenty of other bikes against my old R6 and YZF600R. Both at a 1/8th mile strip and at track days. Those were always fair fights LOL.

I only have one thing to say to the car that would beat me in a race.But can you do this? As I ride off on one wheel! Haha.

Those Smart Cars with the 1000cc engines are cool. I saw when that whole thing started about 4 years ago. Looks like waayyy tooo much fun.
Animal78 is offline   Reply With Quote