ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 1st, 2012, 12:18 PM   #1
dccseek
ninjette.org newbie

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250 2008

Bent Frame(?) Advice

Need some advice, I have a 08 ninja with a bent frame, it seems like the front forks are leaning like this // but I am not sure if it's the frame or what and how bad it is. Anyone have a naked pic from the front so I can compare?

The pictures are of the bike where it's not completely upright (don't have a stand)

If it is the frame is it worth looking into getting it bent back? Or should I part it out or get a new frame and swap it all.

It was a lowside into some brush around 25mph must have bent from the handlebars digging into the floor or slamming in the ground.
dccseek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
It could be bent forks from the fall.
That seems to be the reason, according to the distance from the red lines to the top and bottom of the front tire.

In order to find out, you will need to disassemble them and roll them on a flat surface.

For verifying the frame, you could take the front off completely from the steering column, align the rest of the bike perfectly vertical, draw a line on the floor plumb with the central line of the frame and observe through the steering column to check for any deviation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JJddxl.jpg (70.2 KB, 3 views)
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2012, 01:37 PM   #3
dccseek
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
It could be bent forks from the fall...
Thanks for the response. Here's another pic with the frame lined up perpendicular I had to rotate the image around -4 degrees so It does seem like the forks do not line up with the frame which would indicate a fork bend, but let me know if I'm thinking about this wrong.

From this pic what would lean towards? Frame or Fork? Looks almost like the Right (when sitting on it)Fork is bent which would be odd cause it's a lowside on the left.

Old September 1st, 2012, 01:42 PM   #4
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Great pic!

Forks; they should parallel to the steering column (were the bearings are and your line aligns with).

Check this article out:

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_need_...nd_front_wheel
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2012, 02:49 PM   #5
dccseek
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Great pic!

Forks; they should parallel to the steering column (were the bearings are and your line aligns with).

Check this article out:

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_need_...nd_front_wheel
Perfect Article! Thanks for the help.

Old September 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

You are welcome.

Best!