ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old February 14th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #1
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

Exclamation Engine mount nut size?

hey everyone! Hope you are having a happy valentines day (single's awareness day)! Anyway, I was just checking through my bike and noticed that my motor mount nut it gone, and the bolt was working it's way out. I tapped it back in, but now need the nut.

So far I've found it's a 10mm bolt, but that's about it. anyone know the size? thread pitch? etc. so I can go pick one up before I ride it again. Thanks!

Travis

Old February 15th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #2
JeffM
Mr. 988

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): One

Which mount is it? I believe the one in the front does not have a nut. The bolt screws into a blind nut that is part of the frame.

Use Locktite too as these bolts loosen up without it.

Jeff
JeffM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 15th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

I'm not sure of the answers to your questions, but you could try going to a body shop and having them bring out a couple of possible replacement bolts to find the right one. Not sure if that helps, but it's all I could think of. GL finding it.

Old February 16th, 2010, 02:21 AM   #4
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

thanks for trying guys, I went to a local speed shop (Garage33) and they hooked me up with a new nut for free. I also got to throw around a bunch of ideas with the guy there about making my ride a little more agressive (better front suspension, lowered risers, ZGDB windscreen) as I will be keeping it for the long term, and want it to fit my "needs." I've been to Garage33 (formerly California Speed Dreams, I guess they changed their name? lol) and they've always been great to work with, gotta give em a plug here!

Travis