ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old October 27th, 2023, 09:09 PM   #1
get forked
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250SE

Emissions Label Location

Hello all,

Just picked up a very clean 2006 EX250 that needs a carb cleaning.

Anyway, I bought the bike in Nevada but I live in California. It has the three tubes from the gas tank and appears to have all the other CA emissions stuff, but for the life of me I cannot find the label stating that it's certified for CA emissions.

And searching for the location on the net has been a mess. Can't find an answer.

Want to be ready for my trip to the DMV because they know nothing.

The bike only has 5600 miles on it so it is below the 7500 miles required to import without issue.

Anyone know the answer?
get forked is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2023, 05:46 AM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
I don't know about the emissions label, but this might help with the carburetor cleaning: https://n4mwd.blogspot.com/2013/10/s...-passages.html

For a total like-new carb restoration, ducatiman here is your guy.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 11th, 2024, 12:28 PM   #3
BoKu
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): EX250F (2x)

Quote:
Originally Posted by get forked View Post
...but for the life of me I cannot find the label stating that it's certified for CA emissions...
I just went through this exact thing, and I suspect with the exact same bike, or at least the same frame. The emissions label is on the inside surface of the left side cover. On the bike I just registered, when I went in for "Vehicle Verification", I showed them the label on that firecracker red cover and it went through fine, even though the cover itself didn't match any of the other Kawasaki green bodywork. They didn't care that the label was for a 49-state bike, just that it was for the same year and model as the VIN on the frame.

Last futzed with by BoKu; February 11th, 2024 at 04:10 PM.
BoKu is offline   Reply With Quote