ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old August 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #1
ghettomike
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): none yet

solo seat? off a 08+?

has anyone switched it to a solo seat? im considering getting a 250, i like the looks of the 2008+ mainly because i dont like the seat on the pre gen. is there a kit or will the other one bolt on? also what would this cost?
ghettomike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #2
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I don't think so (but don't take my word for it).

I know they make a cover that gives the appearance of a solo seat, even though the seat is still there.

A good fiberglass worker and some time, you could have it.

Someone correct me if I am wrong (which wouldn't be the first time!).

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #3
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

There may be some race plastics that would fit. I'm not sure if there's any that supports the stock brake light though.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

The only possibilities I know of are fiberglass pieces to go over the seat, but leave it there, or a seat cover that leaves the seat usable, but makes it look very different. The fiberglass covers are made by Airtech, and Custom Seat Creations makes several very good vinyl seat covers.

One option replaces the side fairings and the tail fairing with an extra piece of plastic that goes over the passenger portion of the seat. Upside to this kit is that it makes the bike look very clean, as there are less fairing pieces and the back of the seat is also covered. The downside is that the entire seat hooks into it, which makes it impossible to quickly use the trunk. There's not much space there anyway so that may not be an issue for you. Also, to be street legal, you would have to cut spaces for the tail lights, etc.

The other option from Airtech is a single piece of fiberglass shaped specifically to go over the rear portion of the seat. The upsides to this piece are that it can be quickly and easily removed, and costs less than the full race tail. The only downside I know of is that there's no exact way to connect it. The Airtech site recommends velcro, but I'm sure you could find other ways to do it. If you're still planning to use the seat though, you'd need to find something that can be removed.

Here's a link to the page at Airtech.com: http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...2501988-06.htm

The final option is a vinyl seat cover, which changes the look of the seat while leaving it available for use. I have a seat cover from Custom Seat Creations (the special line design), and it looks quite a bit better than the stock seat. I would recommend this option. Unfortunately, the only downside to this option is that Becky the creator of Custom Seat Creations was recently in a motorcycle accident (get well soon Becky!!!! ), so, unfortunately, this may not be the most timely way to go about changing a seat's looks. The upside is that there are several different designs, and huge amounts of customization regarding color and texture.

Here's a link to the Custom Seat Creations pregen ninjette page: http://www.customseatcreations.com/n...rrent_new.html

This is pretty much all I know about this subject. Let me know if you have more questions and I'll do my best to help you answer them!

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #5
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

So it would seem if you want a seat from an 08+ ninja 250, you'll have to buy an 08+ ninja 250.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote