ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1
currentsea
ninjette.org member

Name: J.R.

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Windscreen Pouch

I've thought about fabricating a linen pocket behind the Windscreen on my bike, similar to those on the back of a car chair. Does anyone have any ideas on how to cleanly do this, or have seen anyone else do this?
currentsea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #2
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I wanted to make a lid.. like a glove box lid.. that closes that area off with a latch. I thought that would be neat to be able to store stuff in there.

For now I have a little zip pouch tied to the fork.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 10th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
+1 I like the idea of a lid that closes off that open area.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 17th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #4
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Only problem with that is when small stuff gets wedged into the corners. Don't put any change, pens, etc. in there or you might not get 'em out.

The simple answer here is to just sew up a simple bag and stuff it in that spot. Friction will make it stay, and you can take it with you.

That space is smaller than it looks, I've found.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:34 AM   #5
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I took my zip pouch off my fork the other day to do some work on the bike and now can't figure out how to get it back on without hitting stuff and binding the steering like I did before It has to stay off now.

I also went to leather pants now with no pockets. I definitely need to make more storage on the bike somewhere being as how I jam the tail glovebox full of stuff already. If anything, just for my wallet and lock keys that I separate from the bike ignition key when in use.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #6
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I like to attach a fanny pack to the rear seat. Cut the straps short, put two holes in the shortened straps and attach them where the rear seat strap attaches. I use a soldering iron to melt the two hols into the fanny pack straps. This is one I used on the cbr.