Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old May 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #1
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 1988 FJ1100

Group Buy on Koso Gauges *requested*

>>>check it out<<<

We got two huge boxes from Koso. Have to get them back to the warehouse to double check that we have everything and then we will start shipping them out.

>>*update*<<

Ok, so after finding out that the Koso package is in New York we now have information that it is to be delivered to our old shop by the end of the day. Nobody hold your breath though, not sure how it got from new york to san diego so fast...

If we get the package by the end of the day we won't be shipping until Monday and you should get the parts mid week.

We are taking delivery of a members bike today to do a DIY video install Monday or Tuesday so it should be ready for you by the time you get your gauges.

I am going to help with the initial install so I can try and better answer your questions if you run into any problems with your install.

I will let you know when we have the parts in hand.

questions/comments?
Jordan

>**update**<

Just talked to Aaron who is in charge of shipping for this GB. Looks like the package is in New York customs as of 6/20 and has not had any movement toward CA yet. Our original order of gauges for the "pre-buy" group was very wrong. They sent us a large number of adapter plates and harnesses but no gauges. We have double checked our order for the bulk of the GB and it should all be good. Again, once we get the bulk package we will ship the parts, you will receive an email/tracking number and your parts should arrive within 3 days.

This GB depleted Koso's stock for the RX-2 gauge and they can't provide me with an ETA on when more will be available. I started another GB thread for anyone interested in jumping in on the slightly higher discounted price for the RX-2N.

Link to new GB thread if anyone is interested.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107068

>*update*<

Hey everyone,

I'm back in town and wanted to give you an update on the group buy.

The order has been placed with Koso and is en route to us as we speak. It is taking a very round about way to get here (canada to new york to Illinois to Indiana and back to new york) but it is on its way.

I can safely say that for all of our US customers, we will be shipping out the packages as soon as we get them and you should receive them within 3 days. You will also be receiving an email with a tracking number as soon as we send the packages out.

The international orders will also be shipped out at the same time, i am just not sure on how long it will take for them to arrive.

If you are desperate for a confirmation of your order, please call us at 619-928-9015 or email jordan@racetechelectric.com and i'll pass your information along.

Thanks,
Jordan

****Short update****

Our guy in charge of shipping/receiving isn't sure what size box he's going to need to ship out this package in. He said he's going to hold off on sending out tracking numbers until we have the parts in hand and can get a more accurate box size. It may be a little larger than we originally anticipated.

I'm going to be flying out of town for a few days (This Thursday to next Tuesday) and will not be available to add any updates until I get back. If you have any questions/concerns don't please call into the shop and talk to Aaron or Evan.

619-928-9015

Thanks again everyone,
Jordan

***Orders complete***

Alright everyone, we have all of our orders in and they are being processed now. You all should be receiving a confirmation email at some point in the next day or so.

We do have a few gauges coming in early (not sure on the ETA yet) but the majority of the order was placed this morning.

So all you have to do now is sit back, relax and think about how cool your new gauge is going to be when it arrives.

I had a lot more interest in this than I originally though and I want to thank everyone who has ordered.

We have one person lined up and ready to go for an install and i have a couple of people in line in case our confirmed bike falls through. We will get our video done when the first batch of gauges come in and I will post a link to it here when we are finished with it.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks again,
Jordan

**Important update**

CZroe has different information than I originally got from Koso

The wiring harness on my carb EX250F is different from my carb EX250J. The gauge connectors have a very different number and arrangement of pins. While I am sure it can be spliced in, the pregen has a temp gauge and no fuel gauge, so it might have more in common with the FI PnP kit. In other words, the FI EX250K PnP kit might be PnP with the EX250F, but the carb EX250J PnP kit is not.

Anyone with a pre-gen that ordered a harness please let me know so I don't order it and i can refund you the cost of the harness. I'm out of the office for the weekend but I will post an update about refunds on monday if need be.

Sorry for the mix up, I was under the impression that the wiring was the same pre-gen/newgen as per information I got from Koso.

Jordan

*Update*

Here is the original list of 11 people who signed up and those who have paid:

1. gt_turbo: Paid
2. PKL
3. Ator: Paid
4. Gunner
5. TS250: Paid
6. lulzpwned: Paid
7. EthioKnight (RX2 + P.P. Harness) (bracket hopefully from the GB from @wayanlam): Paid
8. sleepless (RX-2 + Harness + Adapter Board): Paid
9. lgk (RX-2 + Harness + Adapter Board): Paid
10. Makenza (RX2 + P&P Harness + Adapter Board): Paid
11. Midnight Runner: Paid
12. Scattcatt: Paid
13. SharInATL: Paid
14. Harrison89: Paid
15: Ninjagaiden09: Paid
16: want1sobad: Paid
17: jjb84: Paid

There were a total of 20 orders placed. If you think you have paid and you are not on my list, PM me your full name so I can check my orders and add you to this list.

Looks like the pay-pal option on our website is working fine for now so feel free to use it. If you don't mind paying with a credit/debit card it is preffered so we don't accrue charges from pay-pal.

If you are in the San Diego/OC area and are part of this group buy, let me know if you can bring us and live without your bike for a day or two and want the gauge installed for free so we can make an install video.

We will install the gauge, make a video of the installation and get the bike back to you in 1-2 days. We are now located in carlsbad, ca off of palomar airport road.

Hi everyone,

I have had a request to start a group buy thread for the Koso RX-2 and RX-2N.

For either gauge and the plug and play harness I can offer you two prices.

5+ buyers the price will be $290 shipped
10+ buyers the price will be $270 shipped

For international shipments (outside of the US) your looking at an extra $30-$40

I haven't decided how to collect payments yet, whether it be by phone or through our web-store somehow.

This is mostly just a feeler for now unless we can rack up enough buyers to fulfill the order. Feel free to tell any non-forum members about this, there will be no restriction on how many kits you can order.

This is a group buy for the RX-2 or RX-2N gauge plus the plug and play harness. This price does not include an adapter plate to fit the gauge to the bike. If you want a price with the Koso adapter plate let me know, or order one from Wayanlam at http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78953.

This price is SUPER discounted and going to be a one time offer. Any takers?

Jordan

www.racetechelectric.com

Last futzed with by RaceTech Electric; June 22nd, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
RaceTech Electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #2
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

thanks for setting this up Jordan. Please add me on the list for: RX2 w/plug n play kit. let me know how much for your adapter plate, i may possibly get that too. thanks!
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #3
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
thanks for setting this up Jordan. Please add me on the list for: RX2 w/plug n play kit. let me know how much for your adapter plate, i may possibly get that too. thanks!
Not a problem, I hope we can get some buyers lined up so you can take advantage of the discount. I'll get you a price for the adapter board as soon as I can.

You can check out this thread to see pictures of the RX-2 installed on a Koso adapter plate. http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85108

www.racetechelectric.com

Old May 30th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #4
Makenza
Lurker

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

Quote for Gauge + Plug&Play + Adapter board to be included in this Group buy please.

Most likely, many of your buyers will get the adapter board directly from you, so I humbly suggest and request you add that as a choice for your list.
Thanks.

Old May 30th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #5
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makenza View Post
Quote for Gauge + Plug&Play + Adapter board to be included in this Group buy please.

Most likely, many of your buyers will get the adapter board directly from you, so I humbly suggest and request you add that as a choice for your list.
Thanks.
The entire plug and play kit including the gauge (either RX-2 or RX-2n), adapter board, and plug and play harness would come out to:

5+ people $310
10+ people $290

With this kit you need nothing else to install a Koso RX-2 or RX-2n on your bike.

www.racetechelectric.com

Old May 30th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #6
Makenza
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceTech Electric View Post
The entire plug and play kit including the gauge (either RX-2 or RX-2n), adapter board, and plug and play harness would come out to:

5+ people $310
10+ people $290

With this kit you need nothing else to install a Koso RX-2 or RX-2n on your bike.
Excellent pricing.
Now all that's left for me is to ponder about it, but most likely, I'll be participating in this group buy!

Old May 30th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #7
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

I will start off the list. Copy and add yourself.

1. Gt_turbo rx-2 + plug play kit + bracket

Old May 30th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #8
PKL
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R

I'm in for the whole deal, all the parts.

Old May 30th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #9
ator
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

2. Ator rx-2 + plug play kit + bracket
ator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #10
Gunner
ninjette.org member

Name: Gunner

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R SE

2. Ator rx-2 + plug play kit + bracket
3. Gunner rx-2 + plug play kit + bracket (Cheapest shipping to Canada)
Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #11
TS250
ninjette.org member

Name: MARCO

Motorcycle(s): 2008 NINJA 250, BLACK, 650 NINJA 2009, RED, F 650GS BMW 2012 YELLOW

Quote:

5+ people $310
10+ people $290

Cashiers check ok? By the way I'm originally from Lemon Grove.
TS250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #12
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

So for now I have

1. gt_turbo
2. PKL
3. Ator
4. Gunner
5. TS250 (cashiers check may be difficult, do you have a paypal account?)

all for the RX-2 kit

Since it looks like 5 people signed up so fast, i'd like to keep this open until Tuesday of next week. This will allow me to organize everyone and send out invoices/set up the webstore on wednesday.

I'm thinking of putting a Ninjette package in our webstore that you can purchase for one day only, and when enough funds are in (5 people or more) we will process the order. Thoughts?

www.racetechelectric.com

Old May 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Gunner
ninjette.org member

Just need 5 more people!

@ $290 per kit this deal can't be beat

Old May 30th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #14
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

wow that was quick! 5 people in one day. hopefully 5 more people in the next 5 days.

probably setting up a special package and PM'ing everyone on the list with the link to pay within 24hrs would work. that or the traditional paypal method would work fine with me.

Old May 31st, 2012, 10:11 AM   #15
lulzpwned
ninjette.org member

Name: lulzpwned

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

1. gt_turbo
2. PKL
3. Ator
4. Gunner
5. TS250

6. lulzpwned -> could you give an estimate for shipping to sydney, australia? Most likely will get the rx2 + pnp harness only, but if 10+ people jump on I may as well get the adapter board too. I plan to source a custom adapter plate and voltmeter from wayan soon after this group buy.
lulzpwned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2012, 10:32 AM   #16
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
god these gauges are so damn sexy. i wish i wasnt broke from racing id buy one for the ninja! hah!

Old May 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM   #17
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Guys FYI. I started a GB thread for the Koso gauge brackets from Wayan. If we can get enough people to split the shipping on one big box from Indonesia we can get the "better" looking brackets. The standard bracket is just a flat plastic. Check out the GB thread in the market. The GB for the brackets will be limited to USA only. I don't want to deal with international shipping.

Old May 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM   #18
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Ok, just heard back from sales. Looks like shipping anywhere internationally is going to be $25 on top of the cost of the package. We are shipping these out flat rate and the flate rate for international shipping and the box size we are using is going to be $40. So with the calculated in shipping cost, you international fellas will need to throw in an extra $25 bones.

In order to get these kick ass prices, we are placing one big order with Koso to fulfill the group buy. The reason for the shipping is because we are getting the parts shipped to us from Koso and then we are shipping them out to you folks.

Any thoughts, questions, suggestions?

Jordan

www.racetechelectric.com

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:04 PM   #19
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

1. gt_turbo
2. PKL
3. Ator
4. Gunner
5. TS250
6. lulzpwned
7. EthioKnight (RX2 + P.P. Harness) (bracket hopefully from the GB from @wayanlam)
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM   #20
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Dang, a LITTLE too rich for my blood, at least right now. Any way to negotiate a lower price if more buyers join?

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:51 PM   #21
Makenza
Lurker

Quote:
Since it looks like 5 people signed up so fast, i'd like to keep this open until Tuesday of next week. This will allow me to organize everyone and send out invoices/set up the webstore on wednesday.

I'm thinking of putting a Ninjette package in our webstore that you can purchase for one day only, and when enough funds are in (5 people or more) we will process the order. Thoughts?
Hey,

A suggestion on the cut off date, for it being Tuesday of next week, that may be a little too soon, and many members will miss out on it.
How about adding another week to it?
So that other members are able to log in, and see the thread.
Especially since this thread started yesterday, and the cut off being next week, that's a total of 7 days for people to look, check their funds, and decide if they want it.

So how about it, cut off date of 12 June, for a total of 14 days?

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM   #22
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by edxmon View Post
Dang, a LITTLE too rich for my blood, at least right now. Any way to negotiate a lower price if more buyers join?
did you see the part where it says 10+ ppl $290 shipped for complete kit - gauge, bracket, and plug and play kit? sub $300, is a great price for this kit, especially from a US supplier. it's probably not going to be this low again. jump on while you can.

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:14 PM   #23
Gunner
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Hey,

A suggestion on the cut off date, for it being Tuesday of next week, that may be a little too soon, and many members will miss out on it.
Especially since this thread started yesterday, and the cut off being next week, that's a total of 7 days for people to look, check their funds, and decide if they want it.

250+ people have already viewed at this Thread. I's still with the Tuesday date
I'm prob just a little tooo excited and can't wait

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:15 PM   #24
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Hey,

i wouldn't mind waiting another week for others to take advantage of this great deal. the question is when are you going to sign up and join the list.

Old May 31st, 2012, 09:28 PM   #25
Makenza
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
250+ people have already viewed at this Thread. I's still with the Tuesday date
I'm prob just a little tooo excited and can't wait
The 250+ Views are of the same users, multiple views per user, so it probably isn't that much. But regardless, I think we owe some courtesy to other users and give them a chance to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
i wouldn't mind waiting another week for others to take advantage of this great deal. the question is when are you going to sign up and join the list.
Another reason why I'd like it extended, I'm trying to figure out if I'm gonna join or not... and it's a tough decision lol.

Old May 31st, 2012, 10:02 PM   #26
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

OK, ok...

So here's what I can do. On Saturday the 9th, late morning pacific standard time, I will post the information up on how to pay for your parts. I will give you all weekend to purchase. On Monday the 11th, as long as I have more than 5 payments pending, I will process the orders.

Sound ok?

www.racetechelectric.com

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:04 AM   #27
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
OK, ok...

So here's what I can do. On Saturday the 9th, late morning pacific standard time, I will post the information up on how to pay for your parts. I will give you all weekend to purchase. On Monday the 11th, as long as I have more than 5 payments pending, I will process the orders.

Sound ok?
Sounds good to me

Old June 1st, 2012, 09:19 AM   #28
sleepless
ninjette.org member

Name: Sleepless

Motorcycle(s): '11 250 SE

Saweeeeeet!

1. gt_turbo
2. PKL
3. Ator
4. Gunner
5. TS250
6. lulzpwned
7. EthioKnight (RX2 + P.P. Harness) (bracket hopefully from the GB from @wayanlam)
8. sleepless (RX-2 + Harness + Adapter Board)
sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM   #29
lulzpwned
ninjette.org member

8 is close enough to round up to 10

Old June 1st, 2012, 10:11 AM   #30
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulzpwned View Post
8 is close enough to round up to 10
I really wish I could, But In order to not lose money I can only offer that price for 10+ without rounding.

Don't forget to sign up for our free Koso Heated grip giveaway on our facebook page if you haven't yet. There are 11 days left in the sweepstakes so if you were to win, these would get to you around the same time as your fancy new gauge.

http://www.facebook.com/RaceTechElec...43103275748075

www.racetechelectric.com

Old June 1st, 2012, 11:53 AM   #31
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I really wish I could, But In order to not lose money I can only offer that price for 10+ without rounding.

Don't forget to sign up for our free Koso Heated grip giveaway on our facebook page if you haven't yet. There are 11 days left in the sweepstakes so if you were to win, these would get to you around the same time as your fancy new gauge.

I'm sure we'll get 2 more by the end of the weekend

Old June 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM   #32
TS250
ninjette.org member

Name: MARCO

Motorcycle(s): 2008 NINJA 250, BLACK, 650 NINJA 2009, RED, F 650GS BMW 2012 YELLOW

Quote:

From ordering time , how long before we get them?
TS250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:06 PM   #33
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

^ I will be processing the orders the Monday after this group buy ends. Koso has been taking their sweet time sending us their products lately, so I would estimate 2-2.5 weeks delivery time to the buyers location.

If we were to work out some sort of deposit, I could go ahead and place the order now so when the group buy is over there is less shipping time. But then some buyers that sign up late might miss out on the deal.

Thoughts?

Jordan

www.racetechelectric.com

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM   #34
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
^ I will be processing the orders the Monday after this group buy ends. Koso has been taking their sweet time sending us their products lately, so I would estimate 2-2.5 weeks delivery time to the buyers location.

If we were to work out some sort of deposit, I could go ahead and place the order now so when the group buy is over there is less shipping time. But then some buyers that sign up late might miss out on the deal.

Thoughts?

Jordan
I'm willing to do whatever gets em here quickest.

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:57 PM   #35
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

been debating on getting these gauges for a while.
thanks for setting this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless View Post
Saweeeeeet!

1. gt_turbo
2. PKL
3. Ator
4. Gunner
5. TS250
6. lulzpwned
9. lgk (RX-2 + Harness + Adapter Board)

what is the adapter board made out of?
lgk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:17 PM   #36
Makenza
Lurker

Quote:
1. gt_turbo
2. PKL
3. Ator
4. Gunner
5. TS250
6. lulzpwned
9. lgk (RX-2 + Harness + Adapter Board)
10. Makenza (RX2 + P&P Harness + Adapter Board)
FYI, I'm Carburated, just like the majority of the users here, but if you are FI, let RaceTech know.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #37
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

yay 10!

Old June 1st, 2012, 08:05 PM   #38
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

I'll probably jump in on this too if I have the funds, I'll check tomorrow. I'll need the full set up of everything. Anyone have experience doing the diode mod to this cluster for a full LED system bike? Not sure if changing the gauges changes that kind of stuff up at all.

Old June 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM   #39
lulzpwned
ninjette.org member

So we place our orders on saturday through a specific link to your webstore, which is then processed later on the monday and then the gauges are sent to our dirty little hands hehehhehehe

Old June 1st, 2012, 11:01 PM   #40
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

This GB looks so enticing but I'll have to put my funds towards a pair of S20's in the next couple of months.

Good to see the GB is flowing nicely and from a local dealer nonetheless.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote