ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Notices

Old June 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM   #201
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
the PnP kit has a 22mm one, iirc. someone else can also confirm.

if you're not using the PnP harness kit, can't you wire it directly into the stock coolant temp sensor? isn't just a one wire sensor? i would have preferred koso just make a connector for the PnP kit that plugs right into the stock coolant temp sensor. would have saved a lil bit of time and mess.
I just don't know if it will read correctly from that one if the output is different from their own for the same temp.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #202
ator
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_turbo View Post
the most common setting is not always the best for your bike. each bike and each tire in this case is different. what's going to happen when your tire's wear down? the only way you're going to get an accurate speed reading all the time is by mounting a separate GPS device. however, i've heard these koso speedo's are much more accurate than the factory setup, but even then there's bound to be a small margin of error. if you want to see how accurate it is, just mount a GPS next to your dash. atleast then you'll have an idea of how much it is off
I'm confused. Are you saying to NOT post what settings we are using because every tire is different??

From the factory we all have the same setting, same tires. Over time everyone's tire wears differently, therefore will make the stock speedo slightly off. (probably a little off from the factory too) But will not cause large differences from bike to bike based on tire wear.

I think it would b beneficial to post the settings we come up with individually. They could not possibly too far off from each other and will give other members a good starting point.

As far as the fuel gauge, it seems to work just fine.
ator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 28th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #203
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ator View Post
I'm confused. Are you saying to NOT post what settings we are using because every tire is different??

From the factory we all have the same setting, same tires. Over time everyone's tire wears differently, therefore will make the stock speedo slightly off. (probably a little off from the factory too) But will not cause large differences from bike to bike based on tire wear.

I think it would b beneficial to post the settings we come up with individually. They could not possibly too far off from each other and will give other members a good starting point.

As far as the fuel gauge, it seems to work just fine.
I'm just saying if you want your speedo to be most accurate for your bike, roll your tire and measure it. Don't rely on other ppls data if you want it to be as accurate as you can get it. But if you don't care about accuracy just plug in what other ppl have posted and that will get you decent results. Also my wheel is from a 636 and others may have changed to a 120 tire, so ymmv depending on your situation.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #204
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 1988 FJ1100

Hey guys, this is Evan from RaceTech Electric (we're going to use the same account on here). I'm our Engineer and tech guy. I've finished the install and all of the filming on our test bike. I'm going to edit the video tomorrow hopefully, I should have it posted on YouTube by Monday at the latest.

Here's the settings I used:

For a 110/70R17 tire, use 722 P2 for the circumference settings. 1840 or so is the actual circumference, but that produces insanely high speeds. 722P2 is reasonable, but will need to be adjusted.
Water Temp Warning: 230F
Oil Temp Warning: 240F
Fuel Sender Resistance: 100 Ohms
Tach: 13,000 RPM Redline Warning
Ignition: 4C, 2P (4cycle/stroke, 2pistons)

Video coming soon!

www.racetechelectric.com
RaceTech Electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #205
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

I noticed with the 100 ohm fuel setting it would not register a full tank. I have it on the 530 (or whatever the other one is) for now but I have yet to use up a full tank to give testament to the accuracy.

Old June 29th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #206
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Excited and disappointed at the same time...

I received my package today from Race Electric I was so excited and got my plan for weekend to install it on my bike. But when I opened the box the adapter board is missing .. There goes my plan.

Hopefully Jordan can resolve this asap. I can't wait to install the gauge on my bike. All I can do now is wait..again..

**just an update: Got the adapter board and installed on the bike.. I'll take some picture.. working on the settings now...
Jordan thanks for all the time you spent to organize this GB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0865.jpg (86.8 KB, 5 views)

Last futzed with by ninjagaiden09; July 16th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #207
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagaiden09 View Post
I received my package today from Race Electric I was so excited and got my plan for weekend to install it on my bike. But when I opened the box the adapter board is missing .. There goes my plan.

Hopefully Jordan can resolve this asap. I can't wait to install the gauge on my bike. All I can do now is wait..again..
I'm sure Jordan will take care of you. He's a great guy to deal with. But, I would have just PMed him, I'm sure he'll be right on it.

Old June 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #208
ator
ninjette.org guru

Video of mine installed

Old June 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #209
ninjagaiden09
ninjette.org member

Name: Mel

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ator View Post
I'm sure Jordan will take care of you. He's a great guy to deal with. But, I would have just PMed him, I'm sure he'll be right on it.
I did and send him an email too. I even send him the pictures of what I received.
ninjagaiden09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #210
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjagaiden09 View Post
I did and send him an email too. I even send him the pictures of what I received.
I didn't order one initially but tried to after the fact. He thought that they were going to get a couple extra but ultimately found that the order didn't have any extra. It may be that it didn't have enough and yours is coming after they get them from Koso.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:49 PM   #211
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Hi guys,
This is Evan from RaceTech Electric again. I'm out of the office today, but I spoke to Jordan and he confirmed he handled the issue with the missing backboard.

So....who's ready for an install video!? Here ya go! Filmed last week on our test bike. It's about 20min long, and pretty detailed. But if you're wondering how to install an RX-2 PnP kit on your Ninja 250, here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8PS6U-bRj4

Let me know what you think, and any questions?
Evan

www.racetechelectric.com

Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM   #212
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Link to original page on YouTube.

Great vid! I, too, have a 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250 and I can say that the bike wasn't quite as stock as it appeared. The exhaust, Proton flush-mount signals, windscreen, custom rear signals, frame sliders, and more (something must be connected to that other lead seen on the positive battery terminal!). The fender was chopped and the original rear signals were gone. My seat is white underneath but that doesn't look like an aftermarket one.

Something else that wasn't stock: The side covers are held on with #3 Phillips and not Allen head bolts. On that note, I would make sure people know not to mix up the fairing bolts because the two that go through the windscreen to mount the upper/front "nose" fairing are slightly longer to reach the mounting wellnuts.

Last futzed with by CZroe; July 2nd, 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM   #213
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Oh! Which of these should I order?
M12XP1.5X15L / M14XP1.25X15L / M14XP1.5X15L / M16XP1.5X15L / M18XP1.5X15L / M20XP1.0X15L / M20XP1.5X15L
http://www.koso.com.tw/products-deta...=518&lang=en#1

I'm not using the PnP kit because I'm installing it on a pregen. IIRC, the oil drain bolt is the same but I don't know the size and thread pitch.

Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:10 PM   #214
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, '84 Honda Spree 50cc

>"Fan" mode initiated.
>Run time of 18.54 hours to sync the koso with true mileage (7,274.6 miles) approximated.

(Note : When fan is set to 'high', speed registered by Koso is slower )

...and YES, I'm a PIG and live like one...
EthioKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #215
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Angry

FVCK FVCK FVCKITY FVVVVCK!!!!!!!
Sorry had to get that off my chest...effin' mad that I have to be the first to mess up the install!
Ok, I was tightening my oil temp sensor to the bolt (with threadlocker applied) when this happened!!!

The only silver lining in my dark and gloomy ass rainbow is now I have a synced koso...small ass consolation if you ask me
So, what do you guys think? Should I use the cracked sensor (it's still pretty solid) until I get this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOSO-OIL-TEM...5f740a&vxp=mtr) or should I be cautious, stop installation and wait for the replacement.

Old July 4th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #216
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
FVCK FVCK FVCKITY FVVVVCK!!!!!!!
Sorry had to get that off my chest...effin' mad that I have to be the first to mess up the install!
Ok, I was tightening my oil temp sensor to the bolt (with threadlocker applied) when this happened!!!
It's a pipe thread which means that it's self-sealing due to a tapered shaft or compression threads. Either way, it isn't meant to thread all the way in. I would not use threadlocker anywhere inside the engine or it's oil. I would bolt it in as far as it goes and then apply high temp RTV liquid gasket sealant to the exposed threads outside. Use the red stuff to match your bike.

If you're going to order the Koso part, at least gove that business to Jordan and Evan from RaceTechElectric. Otherwise, it seems to be a standard 1/8" MPT/NPT temp sensor/sender:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...md=1&_ftrt=901

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...md=1&_ftrt=901

Old July 4th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #217
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

@EthioKnight I did the same exact thing minus the thread locker, the head on my sensor snapped off but don't worry! It still works! You can still install it to your oil drain hole and you'll be fine. I have no leaks at all, just replace it sometime later when you have the will/time/money

Old July 4th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #218
EthioKnight
Super Noob

@Scattcatt, @CZroe Thanks for the speedy replies guys, much appreciated
I placed the order as soon as I figured out the size of the bolt, didn't even think of the guys over at racetech, kinda feel bad now (won't do that again, we should support our own I know). But, yeah, I'll install it as it is (with some j-b weld) till I get the replacement. Thanks again guys

Old July 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #219
ninja_thresh_hold
ninjette.org *********

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (忍者 250r; sold!) 2001 zx6r

so... i have a noob question.... i just recently did an oil change with royal purple, and as many of you know.. it is not cheap! i was wondering if it would be ok to re use the oil after draining for the temp plug, to save 50$ for new oil, or should i just wait til im due for another oil change?

Old July 5th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #220
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_thresh_hold View Post
so... i have a noob question.... i just recently did an oil change with royal purple, and as many of you know.. it is not cheap! i was wondering if it would be ok to re use the oil after draining for the temp plug, to save 50$ for new oil, or should i just wait til im due for another oil change?
If you unthread your current bolt to just on the edge, and then quickly swap the other one in place, you will not lose much oil. I lost maybe a couple of tablespoons worth of oil and that was it. No draining required.

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #221
ator
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
If you unthread your current bolt to just on the edge, and then quickly swap the other one in place, you will not lose much oil. I lost maybe a couple of tablespoons worth of oil and that was it. No draining required.
Yep, that's exactly what I did too....

Old July 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #222
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

me three, but i probably lost maybe 3-6 tablespoons. it's all good tho, cuz i had a some clean motul oil left from my oil change.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 6th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #223
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Hey guys!

I appreciate the desire to support us, but small parts are not something we keep in stock at the moment so ordering them elsewhere is no big deal. But feel free to check with us first if you'd like, we will eventually be stocking a lot of Koso stuff (hopefully)

Jordan

www.racetechelectric.com

Old July 8th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #224
Harrison89
ninjette.org member

Name: Harrison

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Can someone PM me a list of the settings they used. Mine is close on speed but I want to make sure I dont have anything else out of wack. Still learning my way around a bike ha.
Harrison89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #225
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison89 View Post
Can someone PM me a list of the settings they used. Mine is close on speed but I want to make sure I dont have anything else out of wack. Still learning my way around a bike ha.
the settings that we used are toward the end of the video we posted a few replies back.

Jordan

www.racetechelectric.com

Old July 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #226
sousuke86
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

For those who missed this group by, Jordan has posted a new one with similar prices. Don't miss out on this one too!
sousuke86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #227
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Any one having trouble getting the speedo dialed in? I'm using the stock speed sensor with adapter for the time being (I'll be installing a new rotor on wednesday, the one I have on is a bit warped, so not using the magnets till then). I mounted a gps and tried playing with the settings, and the closest I was able to get the gauge to display true speed was to set it to the lowest number for circumference (300 p2) and I still get mad fluctuations. (True speed 50mph...indicated jumpes from 53 to 60 to 73 back to the 50s and so on). Tried recommended 722, true curcumference (1822), both show even more exaggerated speed readings (maxed out the speedo, doing just 50s). Any thoughts?

Old July 16th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #228
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthioKnight View Post
Any one having trouble getting the speedo dialed in? I'm using the stock speed sensor with adapter for the time being (I'll be installing a new rotor on wednesday, the one I have on is a bit warped, so not using the magnets till then). I mounted a gps and tried playing with the settings, and the closest I was able to get the gauge to display true speed was to set it to the lowest number for circumference (300 p2) and I still get mad fluctuations. (True speed 50mph...indicated jumpes from 53 to 60 to 73 back to the 50s and so on). Tried recommended 722, true curcumference (1822), both show even more exaggerated speed readings (maxed out the speedo, doing just 50s). Any thoughts?
There are two settings, one for circumference, one for sensor count. It sounds like the sensor count is too low so it is detecting too many revolutions.

Old July 16th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #229
EthioKnight
Super Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
There are two settings, one for circumference, one for sensor count. It sounds like the sensor count is too low so it is detecting too many revolutions.
Thanks bud, I'll try increasing it.