ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Notices

Old November 30th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #1
10TILL3
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Caitlin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r and husband rides a 2004 Buell Firebolt xb9r

Newbie with a CRAZY STORY!!

Hi all. I joined this site with my wife in mind but it seems I, her husband, will be doing most of the interaction here for her. Nevertheless, she is new to riding and coming along quite well. As you can see, she's riding an 09 special edition 250r. We bought this bike new off the showroom back in 2010 from a dealer in MS. Got a sweet deal on it, made the drive and picked it up. We got home and it pretty much stayed parked in our living room with just about 230 miles on it.....looking gorgeous as ever. The wife decided to go to the beach with her friends on june 25th. It was a beautiful saturday. I was doing yardwork and ran out of weed eater string. What do I do? I grab the lid and jump on the 250, off to home depot right? Halfway right.....Amidst my 1.5 mile run to the store, I was cut-off by an old man changing from a far right lane to the far left lane, causing me to t-bone him! Stupid F*** never even looked or signaled. Did everything I could to sustain the crash.....let go of the bike, bounce off the car, tuck and roll. Next thing I know, can't feel my arm, back's killing me, and worst of all, this brand new bike and my flip flops are laying on the freakin asphault. That hurt worst of all. Luckily neither the bike or me had any really serious injuries. Chiropractor for several months and the insurance company totaled the bike. Crazy huh?!!! All cosmetic, but enough to breach the ACV of the bike. Never saw the bike again. Over a year has gone by without a bike for the wife to ride and she is missing "HER BIKE" really bad. So we start looking for 250r's again. We found one at our local Kawi dealer that had all the right reasons to go scoop it up, until we go to sign papers and realize that freight was $1500 due to the tsunami in japan. Seems ridiculous so we chalk it up to bad luck or bad timing or whatever you want to call it. She didn't seem to be too upset because she really just wanted to find another 09 special edition with the same color scheme she had before. She was in love with this damn bike like nobodies business. Enduring our hunt, I kept hearing that echo almost...."I want MY bike." I come home from work one day and scoped craigslist a bit. There was an 09 ninja 250 listing, so of course I inquired. At first it was depressing because the owner had about 8 people coming to look at it that evening. I simply told him to let me know what happens with it either way. He called me back about an hour later to tell me that a guy came and put a deposit on it until he could get to the bank the next day during operating hours. So what do I do? The only rational thing the 1/8th jew in me would do.....offer him a little more money to get it. He thought about it for a minute but decided against it leaning on his word to the other depositee. So we continue to talk and I told him about having a bike exactly like this one that I got hit on last summer. We shared a laugh as we almost simultaneously stated the damage to the bike. It was weird. So out of curiosity we found our old registration and asked him if he would read us the VIN. Low and behold....."IT WAS THE BIKE THAT GOT AWAY!" Exact same bike I was hit on. The guy couldn't believe it. He went on to tell me the story of how he got it. Turns out, he bought it at the auction the insurance company sent it to and realized he had found a diamond in the rough. "What could possibly be wrong with the awesome looking bike with 230 miles on it for it to end up at an auction?" he thought. Nothing my friend, hardly nothing at all. So with instinct he immediately bought it. He even went through the trouble of getting the title to be clear again believe it or not. He fixed the front nose fairing that was broken and left the other cosmetic scars alone for character. I begged him to sell me back our baby. Reluctantly, he did. He was torn between such an awesome story and the bond of his promise to hold it for another person. The scale tipped our way and we went to pick it up immediately. Just after maxing out our limits at a bunch of atm's to get the emergency cashola! Guy turned out to be super cool and couldn't believe we were the original owners. We brought our old tag and registration to humor him. He was humored Funny part about all of this....the day he bought the bike at the auction, it had over 700 miles on it!!!! Someone put 500 miles on it after the wreck and before going to auction. Bastard insurance companies. They wouldn't even let us buy it back from them but it seems we got the last laugh. Especially what we paid the second time around. Once in a lifetime it would happen that exactly a year and 4 months later, divine intervention would bring it back to us. At least thats how it seemed. Crazy story though. So anyway, now that you guys have some back story on me, let it be known that it's christmas time and I am doing a crazy facelift surgery on the bike for the wife. She isn't even gonna know what happened. So everyone get ready for some of the most awesome before and afters ever! Glad to be here
10TILL3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #2
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

10TILL3! Glad you found us...

Old November 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #3
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Welcome, that is quite a story! You should post before/after pics if you have them.
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #4
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

Kool story

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Truly tragic what has happened to your keyboard

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #6
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

damnit jiggles you crack me up
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #7
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

@Jiggles gives me gas, but that can be fun too. I'm sure my wife loves it when I flap the covers... oops tmi my bad.

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
@Jiggles gives me gas, but that can be fun too. I'm sure my wife loves it when I flap the covers... oops tmi my bad.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #9
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Old November 30th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #10
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #11
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Welcome! That is a crazy story! But damn my head hurts now... so much reading jumbled into one thing. lol

Old December 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #12
Stingray1000

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Truly tragic what has happened to your keyboard

Don't worry about jiggles picking on your typing, I'd rather have a missing enter key then dropped on your head like Mr. Jiggles! lol
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #13
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

i really would like to read that, but could you just edit and put in some spaces, looks like you could make 7 paragraphs from that
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 12:17 AM   #14
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Fixed. My enter key works :D

There guys. It's fixed. Merry Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TILL3
Hi all. I joined this site with my wife in mind but it seems I, her husband, will be doing most of the interaction here for her. Nevertheless, she is new to riding and coming along quite well. As you can see, she's riding an 09 special edition 250r. We bought this bike new off the showroom back in 2010 from a dealer in MS. Got a sweet deal on it, made the drive and picked it up. We got home and it pretty much stayed parked in our living room with just about 230 miles on it.....looking gorgeous as ever.

The wife decided to go to the beach with her friends on june 25th. It was a beautiful saturday. I was doing yardwork and ran out of weed eater string. What do I do? I grab the lid and jump on the 250, off to home depot right? Halfway right.....Amidst my 1.5 mile run to the store, I was cut-off by an old man changing from a far right lane to the far left lane, causing me to t-bone him! Stupid F*** never even looked or signaled. Did everything I could to sustain the crash.....let go of the bike, bounce off the car, tuck and roll. Next thing I know, can't feel my arm, back's killing me, and worst of all, this brand new bike and my flip flops are laying on the freakin asphault. That hurt worst of all. Luckily neither the bike or me had any really serious injuries. Chiropractor for several months and the insurance company totaled the bike. Crazy huh?!!! All cosmetic, but enough to breach the ACV of the bike. Never saw the bike again.

Over a year has gone by without a bike for the wife to ride and she is missing "HER BIKE" really bad. So we start looking for 250r's again. We found one at our local Kawi dealer that had all the right reasons to go scoop it up, until we go to sign papers and realize that freight was $1500 due to the tsunami in japan. Seems ridiculous so we chalk it up to bad luck or bad timing or whatever you want to call it. She didn't seem to be too upset because she really just wanted to find another 09 special edition with the same color scheme she had before. She was in love with this damn bike like nobodies business. Enduring our hunt, I kept hearing that echo almost...."I want MY bike."

I come home from work one day and scoped craigslist a bit. There was an 09 ninja 250 listing, so of course I inquired. At first it was depressing because the owner had about 8 people coming to look at it that evening. I simply told him to let me know what happens with it either way. He called me back about an hour later to tell me that a guy came and put a deposit on it until he could get to the bank the next day during operating hours. So what do I do? The only rational thing the 1/8th jew in me would do.....offer him a little more money to get it. He thought about it for a minute but decided against it leaning on his word to the other depositee.

So we continue to talk and I told him about having a bike exactly like this one that I got hit on last summer. We shared a laugh as we almost simultaneously stated the damage to the bike. It was weird. So out of curiosity we found our old registration and asked him if he would read us the VIN. Low and behold....."IT WAS THE BIKE THAT GOT AWAY!" Exact same bike I was hit on. The guy couldn't believe it. He went on to tell me the story of how he got it. Turns out, he bought it at the auction the insurance company sent it to and realized he had found a diamond in the rough. "What could possibly be wrong with the awesome looking bike with 230 miles on it for it to end up at an auction?" he thought. Nothing my friend, hardly nothing at all. So with instinct he immediately bought it. He even went through the trouble of getting the title to be clear again believe it or not. He fixed the front nose fairing that was broken and left the other cosmetic scars alone for character.

I begged him to sell me back our baby. Reluctantly, he did. He was torn between such an awesome story and the bond of his promise to hold it for another person. The scale tipped our way and we went to pick it up immediately. Just after maxing out our limits at a bunch of atm's to get the emergency cashola! Guy turned out to be super cool and couldn't believe we were the original owners. We brought our old tag and registration to humor him. He was humored Funny part about all of this....the day he bought the bike at the auction, it had over 700 miles on it!!!! Someone put 500 miles on it after the wreck and before going to auction. Bastard insurance companies. They wouldn't even let us buy it back from them but it seems we got the last laugh. Especially what we paid the second time around.

Once in a lifetime it would happen that exactly a year and 4 months later, divine intervention would bring it back to us. At least thats how it seemed. Crazy story though.

So anyway, now that you guys have some back story on me, let it be known that it's christmas time and I am doing a crazy facelift surgery on the bike for the wife. She isn't even gonna know what happened. So everyone get ready for some of the most awesome before and afters ever! Glad to be here!

Old December 1st, 2012, 01:33 AM   #15
DreamN
Beer Me!

Name: Jimmy

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 Car(s): '09 Cube, '93 240SX (Coupe & 'Vert)

Great story and welcome.
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM   #16
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Very cool story!! Luckily @himynameisjoe made it read-able or else I would have missed out on that CRAZY STORY!!

Welcome to the forum!!!
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 02:26 PM   #17
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Welcome!

Small world aye? Gratz!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 06:01 PM   #18
Blystr842
Venom Sponsored

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R x2 (his & hers), 05 Honda CRF250R

Ha! Awesome story! Welcome!!!
Blystr842 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM   #19
happy944
ninjette.org member

Name: Harman

Motorcycle(s): None Yet

Welcome! That's an awesome story man. Seems straight out of a stunt from a film. The whole barrel rolling over a car and not getting hurt.

Flip flops though man?
happy944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM   #20
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10till3 View Post
hi all. I joined this site with my wife in mind but it seems i, her husband, will be doing most of the interaction here for her. Nevertheless, she is new to riding and coming along quite well. As you can see, she's riding an 09 special edition 250r. We bought this bike new off the showroom back in 2010 from a dealer in ms. Got a sweet deal on it, made the drive and picked it up. We got home and it pretty much stayed parked in our living room with just about 230 miles on it.....looking gorgeous as ever. The wife decided to go to the beach with her friends on june 25th. It was a beautiful saturday. I was doing yardwork and ran out of weed eater string. What do i do? I grab the lid and jump on the 250, off to home depot right? Halfway right.....amidst my 1.5 mile run to the store, i was cut-off by an old man changing from a far right lane to the far left lane, causing me to t-bone him! Stupid f*** never even looked or signaled. Did everything i could to sustain the crash.....let go of the bike, bounce off the car, tuck and roll. Next thing i know, can't feel my arm, back's killing me, and worst of all, this brand new bike and my flip flops are laying on the freakin asphault. That hurt worst of all. Luckily neither the bike or me had any really serious injuries. Chiropractor for several months and the insurance company totaled the bike. Crazy huh?!!! All cosmetic, but enough to breach the acv of the bike. Never saw the bike again. Over a year has gone by without a bike for the wife to ride and she is missing "her bike" really bad. So we start looking for 250r's again. We found one at our local kawi dealer that had all the right reasons to go scoop it up, until we go to sign papers and realize that freight was $1500 due to the tsunami in japan. Seems ridiculous so we chalk it up to bad luck or bad timing or whatever you want to call it. She didn't seem to be too upset because she really just wanted to find another 09 special edition with the same color scheme she had before. She was in love with this damn bike like nobodies business. Enduring our hunt, i kept hearing that echo almost...."i want my bike." i come home from work one day and scoped craigslist a bit. There was an 09 ninja 250 listing, so of course i inquired. At first it was depressing because the owner had about 8 people coming to look at it that evening. I simply told him to let me know what happens with it either way. He called me back about an hour later to tell me that a guy came and put a deposit on it until he could get to the bank the next day during operating hours. So what do i do? The only rational thing the 1/8th jew in me would do.....offer him a little more money to get it. He thought about it for a minute but decided against it leaning on his word to the other depositee. So we continue to talk and i told him about having a bike exactly like this one that i got hit on last summer. We shared a laugh as we almost simultaneously stated the damage to the bike. It was weird. So out of curiosity we found our old registration and asked him if he would read us the vin. Low and behold....."it was the bike that got away!" exact same bike i was hit on. The guy couldn't believe it. He went on to tell me the story of how he got it. Turns out, he bought it at the auction the insurance company sent it to and realized he had found a diamond in the rough. "what could possibly be wrong with the awesome looking bike with 230 miles on it for it to end up at an auction?" he thought. Nothing my friend, hardly nothing at all. So with instinct he immediately bought it. He even went through the trouble of getting the title to be clear again believe it or not. He fixed the front nose fairing that was broken and left the other cosmetic scars alone for character. I begged him to sell me back our baby. Reluctantly, he did. He was torn between such an awesome story and the bond of his promise to hold it for another person. The scale tipped our way and we went to pick it up immediately. Just after maxing out our limits at a bunch of atm's to get the emergency cashola! Guy turned out to be super cool and couldn't believe we were the original owners. We brought our old tag and registration to humor him. He was humored funny part about all of this....the day he bought the bike at the auction, it had over 700 miles on it!!!! Someone put 500 miles on it after the wreck and before going to auction. Bastard insurance companies. They wouldn't even let us buy it back from them but it seems we got the last laugh. Especially what we paid the second time around. Once in a lifetime it would happen that exactly a year and 4 months later, divine intervention would bring it back to us. At least thats how it seemed. Crazy story though. So anyway, now that you guys have some back story on me, let it be known that it's christmas time and i am doing a crazy facelift surgery on the bike for the wife. She isn't even gonna know what happened. So everyone get ready for some of the most awesome before and afters ever! Glad to be here
tldr
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM   #21
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Hello and welcome.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 09:26 PM   #22
loz944
ninjette.org guru

Name: Laurence

Motorcycle(s): Green 2012 Ninja 250SE and a Yamaha fino scooter (my wife's really)

Old December 2nd, 2012, 02:21 AM   #23
Singh2jz

Name: Inderveer

Motorcycle(s): '07 ex250-F/J

Damn those insurance companies! Oh and welcome!
Singh2jz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:06 AM   #24
10TILL3
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Caitlin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250r and husband rides a 2004 Buell Firebolt xb9r

Thanks for all the welcoming everyone. Sorry I didn't edit that novel. Haha. I didn't realize it was going to be so long. I suppose it does strain the eyes a little. I will definitely start the picture posting here in a few weeks.
10TILL3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM   #25
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Welcome cool story
snot is offline   Reply With Quote