ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old February 25th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #121
sim80n
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

Something's come up and I can't swing the exhaust, would you please remove me from the list.
sim80n is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #122
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim80n View Post
Something's come up and I can't swing the exhaust, would you please remove me from the list.
Sorry to here that. Took you of the list
diwhiteii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #123
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Lost a soldier, but still at ten.

1.Joshuatrueanderson - 18" race system carbon fiber muffler with Flat Conical Billet End Cap + custom Area p jet kit + exhaust hanger bracket (black)
2.csmith12- Race Mid-High mount Full stainless steel system with 12" Stainless Steel Muffler
3.mikecronis - Full stainless steel system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler "Race system"
4.akima - full stainless steel mid-high mount race system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler
5.Stinub91- standard carbon fiber exhaust with the dynojet stage 2 kit
6.mariorivera830- 12" carbon fiber can, conical end cap, area p custom jet kit
7.RacerX113 - Full Race Mid-High stainless steel system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler, Standard Dynojet Kit# 2193 - exhaust hanger bracket (black)
8.scoopshovelowski- Full race Mid-High stainless steel system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler, Standard Dynojet Kit# 2193 - exhaust hanger bracket (black)
9.diwhiteii- Full Race Mid-High stainless steel system with 18" Carbon fiber Muffler, exhaust hanger bracket (black)
10.dailowill- "Full Stainless Steel System, 18" Quiet Carbon Fiber Muffler"

Old February 26th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #124
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Red face questions!

I am interested and have a few questions to either other ninjette members, David or Kerry from AreaP.* I am tagging along a bit late but I am glad I saw this. Hope all my questions get answered before the GB is over.

My ninjette is basically stock - besides cosmetics. I have added a blasterX integrated tail light, led signals from modmy250.com (ct), a tank pad, and have a yoshi fender elim kit waiting to put on when it gets warmer.* (Everything completely reversible if needed w/out cutting/drilling) those should have no affect on either of two systems correct?

If I were to get either of the 18"s will accessories such as baggage or rear cowl or other similar / common mods interfere with the pipe / system?

What's the gain difference between the regular full system and the mid-high racing system? 12 v 12 and 18 v 18 inch.* Is it only the racing system that kills the passenger pegs or either of the 18s.* is the gain worth it to remove pegs for casual passengers? Avg gain of 18% for reg and 33% for racing according to the areaP site correct?

Also what else would I need to purchase or install to have it function as intended, someone mentioned a dyno kit and a different filter? What else? (I was planning on doing this myself and then taking to a shop if I break it - really nervous about it).* I've watched a lot of diff vids on the diy, installing the full system seems fine until rejetting n tuning. In super noob when it comes to this stuff, ill take any advice I kan get.

Does areaP offer free support/troubleshooting if I need help installing?

I ride to class and work everyday and try to ride whenever possible. Freeway and reg stop n go lites.* Havnt felt the ninjette really let me down majorly performance wise but I'm light and ill take a good hp gain.* Do I need the racing system?

What's the price difference of the GB vs regular price?

This is the big one for me, is paypal bill me later offered as a form of payment? (Please say yes).

Old February 26th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #125
joshuatrueanderson
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r, blue

all the answers are on this thread/ this site. you save $75 off full price, if u buy the jet kit, which you do need to buy. You also should/need to buy k and n air filter r0990 dual flange. area p has first class customer service so all the tech support is there. and if you want the HP get the full 18 high mid race system carbon fiber. as far as ur cargo goes. if it fits on there now with no issues then it should work with area p... think i answered most of that... but this site has all the answers for sure
joshuatrueanderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #126
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Yar I deff misread the pricing discount in beginning. But I jumped in late and have not had time to research. Usually I search ninjette.org decently before I post - but due to the time frame and my schedule I kinda kame up with quick questions - so if anyone kan still attempt to answer them. Im still trying to decide on the racing w/out pegs vs regular. The 2.x hp is nice. And the other things that have to go along with it.

And of course paypal bill me later is available

@diwhiteii
@kbryant

Iwould greatly appreciate it.

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #127
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
This is the big one for me, is paypal bill me later offered as a form of payment? (Please say yes).
If you want to use bill me later, then apply for it now! You must qualify for it at paypal and not everyone will qualify.

Good luck!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #128
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
If you want to use bill me later, then apply for it now! You must qualify for it at paypal and not everyone will qualify.

Good luck!
I already have it established but not every company accepts it as a form of payment. For example a company may accept paypal but not bill me later.

Old February 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #129
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Thruxton, Ninja 250

Need to update mine and scoopshovelowski's order.

Need to upgrade to the Area P Customized Dynojet Kit #2193R

Thanks,
Doug
RacerX113 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #130
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Count me in for now.

US$595.00 Full stainless steel system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler
US$79.95 Standard Dynojet Kit
Black exhaust hanger (I'm guessin I need this)

I still need some info/clarity on a few things. Sorry I'm still half noob.

Old February 27th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #131
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Count me in for now.

US$595.00 Full stainless steel system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler
US$79.95 Standard Dynojet Kit
Black exhaust hanger (I'm guessin I need this)

I still need some info/clarity on a few things. Sorry I'm still half noob.
Unless you are planning on removing your air box you don't need to go with the $595 muffler which I believe is the mid/high mount race. You might be better off going with the standard. With this one I think you can just keep your stock passenger foot pegs.
US$525.00 Full Stainless Steel System, 18" Quiet Carbon Fiber Muffler

Just give the guys at AreaP a call they will stear you in the right direction.
W

Old February 28th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #132
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
My ninjette is basically stock - besides cosmetics. I have added a blasterX integrated tail light, led signals from modmy250.com (ct), a tank pad, and have a yoshi fender elim kit waiting to put on when it gets warmer.* (Everything completely reversible if needed w/out cutting/drilling) those should have no affect on either of two systems correct?
Correct.
Quote:
If I were to get either of the 18"s will accessories such as baggage or rear cowl or other similar / common mods interfere with the pipe / system?
They would not interfere with any of the systems because those items sit on top away from the exhaust.

Does areaP offer free support/troubleshooting if I need help installing?
Yes, they take care of their clients.

Do I need the racing system?

Its up to you, but I think the standard system will be enough, unless you want the ultimate max HP.

This is the big one for me, is paypal bill me later offered as a form of payment?

I don't think so, I don't see bill me later on their website and if they did I don't think it would apply to the GB.

Old February 28th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #133
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX113 View Post
Need to update mine and scoopshovelowski's order.

Need to upgrade to the Area P Customized Dynojet Kit #2193R

Thanks,
Doug
Got the update

Old February 28th, 2013, 03:51 AM   #134
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Personal Emails for Payment

Hello to All,

I need everyones personal email for Area P to contact you for payment. Also, confirmation your final choice and accessories, so I can compile the list of participants to sumbit to Kerry. I will PM each person please respond at your soonest convenience.

Thanks,

David

Old February 28th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #135
Meltoff
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Blue)

If it is possible for me to still get in on this group buy, please put me down for

Full Race Mid-High stainless steel system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler Flat Conical Billet End Cap, Exhaust Hanger Bracket Black.

Thank you
Meltoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #136
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Question some more questions

I spoke to Kerry today and offered up some great advice/recommendations. I would like to keep my pegs for passengers so the best option is the 18" Full System. I asked him a million questions and this is what was determined (correct me if I am wrong).

18" Full Mid-High Race system will give the best performance at a loss of a passenger, no work around - at all. Performance will increase with [Here is where either i dont remember and need more clarity, or my research looking into it screwed me uo] removing the stock airbox or keeping it in with a diff filter and of course using the jet kit to shim the needles and change the jets. The gain per the dyno / numbers vs stock is 10.4 vs stock and 2.4 vs non racing.

He mentioned that the Full System (non race) will reach close to similar results with about a 1~ hp difference, noticeable in the high 10k+ RPM ranges with [again heres the clarity that i am asking for] the removal of the stock airbox or different filter. Per my research and scanning on here - some people have removed box, changed the filter or removed the snorkel.

What have you guys done? What would you guys recommend for the best performance for the Full 18" system to alter/adjust the airbox config. In the DIY's AirBox and snorkel seemed to help make a decision to remove the snorkel and change the filter unless the gain is far greater to remove airbox (already sacrificing HP for pegs - trying to make the most out of it). The Airbox removal seemed like a PITA (as quoted from the thread ) - and the snorkel seemed a lot easier. Just trying to get a sense of what works better to see if its worth the challenge. Is there a recommended filter that you guys use?

Old February 28th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #137
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I spoke to Kerry today and offered up some great advice/recommendations. I would like to keep my pegs for passengers so the best option is the 18" Full System. I asked him a million questions and this is what was determined (correct me if I am wrong).

18" Full Mid-High Race system will give the best performance at a loss of a passenger, no work around - at all. Performance will increase with [Here is where either i dont remember and need more clarity, or my research looking into it screwed me uo] removing the stock airbox or keeping it in with a diff filter and of course using the jet kit to shim the needles and change the jets. The gain per the dyno / numbers vs stock is 10.4 vs stock and 2.4 vs non racing.

He mentioned that the Full System (non race) will reach close to similar results with about a 1~ hp difference, noticeable in the high 10k+ RPM ranges with [again heres the clarity that i am asking for] the removal of the stock airbox or different filter. Per my research and scanning on here - some people have removed box, changed the filter or removed the snorkel.

What have you guys done? What would you guys recommend for the best performance for the Full 18" system to alter/adjust the airbox config. In the DIY's AirBox and snorkel seemed to help make a decision to remove the snorkel and change the filter unless the gain is far greater to remove airbox (already sacrificing HP for pegs - trying to make the most out of it). The Airbox removal seemed like a PITA (as quoted from the thread ) - and the snorkel seemed a lot easier. Just trying to get a sense of what works better to see if its worth the challenge. Is there a recommended filter that you guys use?
IMO you would not notice 2 HP difference on the street. My two cents get the standard version keep your airbox and passenger pegs. Plus it's cheaper.

Old February 28th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #138
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
IMO you would not notice 2 HP difference on the street. My two cents get the standard version keep your airbox and passenger pegs. Plus it's cheaper.
thats what the plan was; i was just explaining to the thought. with that and the dyno, keep the airbox in with diff filter and or remove snorkel or kill box and do custom pods.

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:16 AM   #139
joshuatrueanderson
ninjette.org member

ye ye ye ye let the ordering commence!! I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM   #140
DustynF
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dustyn

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Is it too late to get in on this?
DustynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM   #141
mariorivera830
MoVal's only ninjette :(

Name: Mario

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r SE Black with a dash of yellow

Quote:
thats what the plan was; i was just explaining to the thought. with that and the dyno, keep the airbox in with diff filter and or remove snorkel or kill box and do custom pods.

With the standard exhaust, is it advised to remove the snorkel? Are there any performance gains from doing so if I installed a k&n air filter already? Or is there another gain some where else?

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM   #142
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltoff View Post
If it is possible for me to still get in on this group buy, please put me down for

Full Race Mid-High stainless steel system with 18" Carbon Fiber Muffler Flat Conical Billet End Cap, Exhaust Hanger Bracket Black.

Thank you
Sounds like somebody needs to do a track day soon...
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM   #143
Stinub91
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Miguel

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Sadly I have to withdraw from the GB as I am buying a new 2013 zx-6r in a couple of weeks
Stinub91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM   #144
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

but gratz!

Old March 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM   #145
DustynF
ninjette.org newbie

Im in japan so days here are different. Was hoping to get in in time, as i didnt get my registration email until last night. If its ok with everyone, i can purchase stinub91's order, because he has to withdraw, and thats what i want. Standard 12 inch carbon fiber exhaust full kit and dynojet kit.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:24 AM   #146
mariorivera830

For those in the know, would I need the custom jetkit if I'm just getting the 12" standard exhaust? I dont plan on removing the air Box or the snorkel. On the website it says it's recommended for the track, but will it serve me well for commuting too? Or should I have gotten the regular jetkit?

Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:40 AM   #147
RacerX113
ninjette.org member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariorivera830 View Post
For those in the know, would I need the custom jetkit if I'm just getting the 12" standard exhaust? I dont plan on removing the air Box or the snorkel. On the website it says it's recommended for the track, but will it serve me well for commuting too? Or should I have gotten the regular jetkit?
All you need is the regular, if you're keeping the air box. I'm not sure but I think the custom will have the jet you need, with the other ones you don't need and it cost more.

On another note: will we be getting an email from AreaP with order/payment info soon? This money is burning a hole in my pocket

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:50 AM   #148
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
All you need is the regular, if you're keeping the air box. I'm not sure but I think the custom will have the jet you need, with the other ones you don't need and it cost more.

On another note: will we be getting an email from AreaP with order/payment info soon? This money is burning a hole in my pocket
Next week Area P should be contacting everyone about payments. I am still waiting on two peoples personal email address. One being your friend have him send me his personal email address.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM   #149
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

You got mine right?

Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM   #150
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
You got mine right?
Yep

Old March 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #151
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Thank you to all that participated. David has compilied and forwarded the list to us. We will begin contacting those participants today.

It appears that we have made the 10 + minimum to qualify for the drawing of a free exhaust system. So as indicated, once all orders have been paid for and shipped, Alex will put all those names back into the "Hat". One name will then be drawn and that lucky person will get the exhaust system portion of their order refunded! Stay tuned.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #152
drknes
ninjette.org member

Name: Adrian

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninjette (Black(and some blue))

I'm Keen

I spoke to Kerry a month or so ago about getting my exhaust, so the group buy seems like a great oportunity to actually do it.
Emailed Kerry this afternoon with what I'm after.
drknes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #153
mariorivera830

With the exhaust being shipped soon, I have had to answer some questions from my wife about the install (I may have fibbed about a few installations in the past for other stuff)

When the exhaust comes I will install it that night, with the fairings off, I'm going to take out the snorkel. That is unless it's a bad idea to do it without rejetting right away. I want to really study up on it prior to getting on it. Unless there's a tech day in my area any time soon. (Riverside area). Cant wait to get that exhaust on though!

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #154
joshuatrueanderson
ninjette.org member

any eta on the GB

Old March 7th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #155
mariorivera830

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuatrueanderson View Post
any eta on the GB
Mine is estimated to be delivered on the 13th according to fedex

Old March 8th, 2013, 03:28 AM   #156
DustynF
ninjette.org newbie

Mine ships tomorrow, or today in the states. When will the drawing be?

Old March 8th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #157
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknes View Post
I spoke to Kerry a month or so ago about getting my exhaust, so the group buy seems like a great oportunity to actually do it.
Emailed Kerry this afternoon with what I'm after.
Hi Adrian - I'm sorry, the GB ended on Feb. 28th. Last time we spoke was Jan. 9th.

Old March 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #158
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuatrueanderson View Post
any eta on the GB
We've shipped out more half the orders already and those customers have their tracking confirmation numbers. Awaiting payments on a few others. We're assembling the rest of the orders now. By Monday or Tuesday, all orders will be completed and shipped and we will send tracking confirmation numbers to those remaining. Your order will ship at that time.

Old March 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #159
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustynF View Post
Mine ships tomorrow, or today in the states. When will the drawing be?
Drawing will be after all orders are paid and shipped. Currently we are awaiting payments on 3 orders. So technically, we are short (one) of the minimum of 10 orders required for the drawing. Hopefully they will come through.

When they do, I will contact Alex and we will organize the drawing right away.

Old March 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #160
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariorivera830 View Post
With the exhaust being shipped soon, I have had to answer some questions from my wife about the install (I may have fibbed about a few installations in the past for other stuff)

When the exhaust comes I will install it that night, with the fairings off, I'm going to take out the snorkel. That is unless it's a bad idea to do it without rejetting right away. I want to really study up on it prior to getting on it. Unless there's a tech day in my area any time soon. (Riverside area). Cant wait to get that exhaust on though!
I am still waiting on similar answers, anyone?