ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, 2007 Aprilia SR50R scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth250 View Post
Kevin,
Can you do this logo? (just the 250r)

-Mike
Someone asked about that logo a month ago, but I haven't been able to find a decent sized image to turn it into a cuttable file. I need something a larger and cleaner than that image.

.jpg and .bmp files typically need to really be clean and several hundred pixels, like 600x600 or larger, because they do not scale very well, whereas vector graphics files (line art, typically .ai or .eps) can scale very cleanly and typically cut nicely (depending on level of detail).
kevins_garage is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2009, 11:47 AM   #82
stealth250
Gearhead

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins_garage View Post
They're a bit pricy at $49+, don't you think.
Yes they are. But I bought some and it went on in one piece. A little tricky lining them up, but i used alcohol and water mix and a squeege to slide them around to get a good fit. They are the exact size to cover up the original logos. Turned out pretty good...

-Mike

Old September 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM   #83
darthnip
ninjette.org member

Name: darth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

im definitely interested, but has anyone done an "EX250" sticker yet for the pre-gens? i got an 07, so im not sure if the "250R" is appropriate to put on her. but your sticker sure are awesome. i restore old bmx bikes, so i might be in the market for getting some old frame stickers done if you can do them. the lettering on those would be real simple so judging by your other stuff im sure it wouldn't be a problem.
darthnip is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM   #84
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

I haven't had much interest in stuff for the older EX250's. If you have anything you need, just e-mail and I'll let you know what I can do.

I only do this stuff on the side, so I don't always have the time to do a lot of clean up on images and stuff for a one off order that totals $5. If you have decent quality/size images that I can convert quickly/easily to cuttable stickers, that would be best. It's real easy to blow a couple hours messing with just one image to try and clean it up.

SPECIAL UPDATE - I am expecting a new machine within the next week or so that will allow me to do t-shirts and other similar clothing items. It's done with a special vinyl and ends up looking pretty much like a silk screened image would. I'm not going to be getting into all the fancy, multi color images or anything, like where you put a pic of yourself or your bike on a shirt (the stuff they typically do at the malls around the holiday). I'm mainly doing it because I have some interest from a few local businesses that want uniform type shirts for their employees, but they want a cheaper alternative to embroidery and they don't want to deal with the high minimums and sometimes hefty set up/graphics fees from local silk screeners.

If I offer t-shirts or stuff here, I'd like to keep it simple - maybe something like 250R across the chest of a t-shirt or something like like that. If there's any interest or ideas, let me know. I'm thinking I will be able to offer t-shirts like that for about $10-12 delivered, or less (depending on materials costs and final designs).

Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM   #85
BikeVinyl
ninjette.org member

Name: bikevinyl

Motorcycle(s): 2006 (636)

Looks like you making out pretty good Kevin ! I own www.bikevinyl.com and I have a ton of things you might want to look at to get idea's .
BikeVinyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM   #86
BikeVinyl
ninjette.org member

Last futzed with by BikeVinyl; September 22nd, 2009 at 07:24 PM.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:48 PM   #87
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeVinyl View Post
If you guys need them , I got this whole set for $20.00 , the ninja's are jagged and not smooth.
Nothing personal, but if you want to sell your stuff, it might be better if you start your own thread instead of crapping in my for sale thread.

Besides, I'd sell something like what you just posted for about half your price - $10-12 delivered, so I'm not sure what the point of your post is, unless you are trying to help me generate more sales.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM   #88
tc3jg
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

Quote:
Nothing personal, but if you want to sell your stuff, it might be better if you start your own thread instead of crapping in my for sale thread.

Besides, I'd sell something like what you just posted for about half your price - $10-12 delivered, so I'm not sure what the point of your post is, unless you are trying to help me generate more sales.
He does that often Kevin did it to me in a thread over at kawiforums.
tc3jg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:06 PM   #89
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

Name: Gary

Motorcycle(s): 2015 BMW R1200R, 08 Honda VFR800A (sold), 09 Ninja 250R (sold)

just wanted to chime in that i am very happy with the quality of the decal from kevin. it is very thin so there is less chance that something will snag on the edges.
Sound Wave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM   #90
Grn99Kawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Honda CBR600F4 (sold) 1999 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
just wanted to chime in that i am very happy with the quality of the decal from kevin. it is very thin so there is less chance that something will snag on the edges.
same here.. mine has seen about 300 miles so far.. perfect..

1999 Kawi Racing Green Ninja 250 sold
Grn99Kawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM   #91
BikeVinyl
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Besides, I'd sell something like what you just posted for about half your price - $10-12 delivered, :
Thats cool ,I can still beat that price but I will leave your thread alone ..

my site is www.bikevinyl.com

Old September 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM   #92
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

And now, back to the regularly scheduled program...

Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM   #93
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja EX250R

Hey kevin,

DO you have a green colour that matches the green our bikes come in? Got a cheap front fairing that is black that I was going to paint, but maybe I'll just decal it up

Old September 23rd, 2009, 06:20 AM   #94
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingtigger View Post
Hey kevin,

DO you have a green colour that matches the green our bikes come in? Got a cheap front fairing that is black that I was going to paint, but maybe I'll just decal it up
I'm sorry, but I don't have anything right now that is even close - just a regular medium green that were used for trees in some stickers for a local landscaper.

I haven't made a trip out to pick any vinyl supplies in a few months, but I'm going to try and grab a vinyl color the next time I need supplies that is supposed to be close to Kawasaki green, but I'm not sure just how close it really is or when I'll be getting it.

I know this doesn't help you, but I should have a sample of a green color coming with my t-shirt equipment that I'm hoping is similar to Kawasaki Green. I have some shirts to do for a some friends local businesses and such and any spare time I had, will be quickly eaten up playing with that new toy for a while.

Old September 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM   #95
Custom Seat Creations
Sportbike Seat Covers

Name: Becky

Motorcycle(s): 10' Special Edition Tribal 250 Red/Black ; 08' Ninja 250 (RIP by a cager); 05' Honda CBR 600

Fantastic about your new shirts. Maybe I'll do a combo deal with shirts and stickers for my business. Thanks for having these Kevin.

Forgot to ask. Can you do banners as well?

Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM   #96
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja EX250R

No biggie on the wait time Kevin. We are comming into winter very quickly here so I'm going to pull all the plastic off when I winterize and play with them all winter

Thanks

Old September 24th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #97
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

All the stuff to get going on the shirts is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I'm going to try and play around with it a bit this weekend.

Any of you guys/gals have any suggestions on what you might like in t-shirts?

I have some Ducati guys that decided on the Ducati logo on the front and then the bike they have on the left sleeve (like a small 848 or 1098 R).

I was thinking of offering something along the same lines - either Kawasaki or Ninja across the chest and then something like 250R (or EX250 for the old schoolers ) on the left sleeve. I'm open to suggestions also - I'm not a graphics artist or designer by trade and I tend to prefer the more minimalist designs rather than the more flashy stuff.

Here's a sample of the Ninja across the front and 250R on the left sleeve (note: I just did it in mspaint, so the fonts are the closest available to show an example of what it would look like - actual shirts would have the same text as the stickers I'm doing).

Last futzed with by kevins_garage; September 26th, 2009 at 02:12 PM.

Old October 1st, 2009, 07:58 PM   #98
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

got my shirts in the mail today. i can't believe how amazing they look!!! i gotta think of other designs i want now.

thanks kevin!!

one question. are there any special wash instructions for the prints on the shirt? or can i just wash them in the regular wash cycle?

Old October 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM   #99
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Wave View Post
got my shirts in the mail today. i can't believe how amazing they look!!! i gotta think of other designs i want now.

thanks kevin!!

one question. are there any special wash instructions for the prints on the shirt? or can i just wash them in the regular wash cycle?
I was pretty amazed at how nice they came out myself - glad you like them.

As far as washing - Wash on cold or cold-warm - inside out the first time and dry on low heat setting.

Old October 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM   #100
watcanido
ninjette.org member

Name: Jhaqui

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Hey Kevin, I was wondering if you make two of this for me in black for my rear fairings.

I don't know exactly how big but say around 4x1.5 inches? can you try to make it like this big.

watcanido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM   #101
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcanido View Post
Hey Kevin, I was wondering if you make two of this for me in black for my rear fairings.

I don't know exactly how big but say around 4x1.5 inches? can you try to make it like this big.

Yeah. That image should do just fine - I'll work it up tonight after work or tomorrow and add it as an option.

I'm also going to re-work the tank lettering this weekend to make it as easy as possible to install, but it will be a little more involved to make sure each letter is lined up and fully covers the one it is placed over. I'll update tomorrow on that.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM   #102
stealth250
Gearhead

Quote:

I'm interested. Silver "250" red "R".

Old October 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM   #103
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Euro 250R is done - it scales out to about 4.5" wide by .5" tall - your choice of solid color or with red R - if you want them as part of the $6 decal set, just specify Euro 250R - if you want them separately, they'll be $3 delivered for a pair.

I have also reworked the tank lettering and will offer it up to anyone interested. Like I said though, it isn't a peel and stick install - the graphics on my tank were slightly different from one side to the other as are some of the other local bikes I have done. You may need to either wet apply, or carefully apply one letter at a time. Now for the good part $7 delivered for 3 of them (in case anyone goofs on the install).

I also had an inquiry about a larger "Kawasaki" text like tapeworks offers for the lower fairing - I can do a pair of those for $8 delivered. If anyone wants the whole package (2-Ninja, 2-250R, 2-small Kawasaki for windscreen, 3-tank graphics, and 2 large Kawasaki for lower fairing) it would be $20 delivered.

Last futzed with by kevins_garage; October 13th, 2009 at 06:59 PM.

Old October 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM   #104
kkim

you have an email. PM seems to be disabled.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM   #105
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

sent you an em

Old October 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM   #106
stealth250
Gearhead

Sent you an email...

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #107
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

thanks kevine they came out very nice i only did one side so far and they are a perfect fit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg decals 002.jpg (89.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg decals 004.jpg (98.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg decals 007.jpg (104.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg decals 008.jpg (108.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg decals 001.jpg (123.3 KB, 14 views)

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM   #108
kkim

lol... Mike, I'm doing just the opposite from you. going from black to white lettering.

got mine in the mail today, too. Thanks, Kevin. Will be playing with it this weekend.

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #109
Sound Wave
Ramen Rider

lol... that is pretty much the way it is, huh? whatever way it is stock, we want it something else.

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #110
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Looks good guys.

I'm glad the tank overlays are going on so nice. I was a bit concerned about them because of the variances I saw on the factory tank graphics on some local bikes, and because the tank lettering is already so close together. There wasn't much room to oversize the stickers to make sure they fully covered and didn't end up touching or even overlapping each other once installed - not much room for error.

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:43 PM   #111
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

you did a great job
and I can not seems to get the ninja sticker glue off of the sides I am using goo gone and elbow grease but it just want get it off I have had the goo gone on the left over glue for over an hour and still will not come off

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #112
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_sema View Post
you did a great job
and I can not seems to get the ninja sticker glue off of the sides I am using goo gone and elbow grease but it just want get it off I have had the goo gone on the left over glue for over an hour and still will not come off
One side the sticker came of real easy with all the adhesive and left almost no residue behind, but the other side, pretty much just the sticker came off and left every bit of adhesive behind.

I use Ronsonol lighter fluid from WalMart for removing adhesive residue - comes in yellow and blue bottles by the checkouts - I had to soak the adhesive residue and then scrape it off with one of those fake plastic credit cards I get in the mail. Try not to get it all over your hands, because it's a sticky, gooey mess. Once I got the bulk of the adhesive off, I was able to use a few tissues and the lighter fluid to get the last remnants of adhesive off.

Old October 8th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #113
kkim

this stuff??

Old October 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #114
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Yep. Good old Ronsonol lighter fluid. Great adhesive remover - doesn't seem to harm paint or clear plastics, like windscreens.

Old October 8th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #115
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

cool i will pick some up thanks

Old October 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM   #116
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:

^ Would like these too. But more like 3/4H x 2 3/4L in size.

What do ya think??
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #117
kevins_garage
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
^ Would like these too. But more like 3/4H x 2 3/4L in size.

What do ya think??
There's two different ways to alter the size of the image - one is to do it proportionally by changing stretching/shrinking the height and the width by the same ratio which will keep the image looking exactly the same and only change its overall size. The other way is to modify the height and width at different ratios which will distort the image, similar to what those funny carnival mirrors do.

The actual euro 250R graphic posted above scales out at about 1/2" high x 4 1/2" wide. If I stretch/shrink the height at a different ratio than the width to fit a certain size requirement, the image will distort. Here is approximately how it would look at 3/4" height and 2 3/4" width.

If I scale the image proportionally to 3/4" high, it will end up around 6-7" wide. If I scale it proportionally to 2 3/4" wide, it will end up under 3/8" tall.

Old October 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #118
stealth250
Gearhead

Here's mine. Turned out great. Kevin does a nice job.
As soon as it quits RAINING, I'll pull it outside to take some better photos.

Last futzed with by stealth250; October 9th, 2009 at 01:35 PM.
stealth250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM   #119
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:

The actual euro 250R graphic posted above scales out at about 1/2" high x 4 1/2" wide. If I stretch/shrink the height at a different ratio than the width to fit a certain size requirement, the image will distort. Here is approximately how it would look at 3/4" height and 2 3/4" width.

If I scale the image proportionally to 3/4" high, it will end up around 6-7" wide. If I scale it proportionally to 2 3/4" wide, it will end up under 3/8" tall.
OK, thanks.

I went ahead and ordered the euro ones you have in post #103.
2 pairs in black, PP sent
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #120
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

can you make me the Hawaiian Island Chain Map maybe like 6-8 in long
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hawaiian_20Islands2.jpg (9.6 KB, 7 views)