dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaininja View Post
Its 11.40pm Friday here. So nearly Saturday

Another attempt at uploading pictures.

well for some bloody reason i can not upload..

And Ninja250quebec it does prove that Paul has the stock. So NOT a scammer.

I WILL SEND THE PICTURES
If you like, I can provide you with my email address and you can email them to me and I will upload them.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map

Old January 21st, 2011, 09:58 AM   #482
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Name: allan

Motorcycle(s): Nothing at the moment

Goddam internet is **** here in Thailand..
Last try at uploading the pictures tnite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0042.jpg (96.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0045.jpg (78.1 KB, 37 views)

Old January 21st, 2011, 10:12 AM   #483
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

Deja Vu for me... pics of parts, but never pics of "my" parts. Hope my stuff does actually come.

Old January 21st, 2011, 10:12 AM   #484
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Works now..thanks

Old January 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM   #485
thaininja
ninjette.org member

ok thats 2 of the 4 but they have the lions share of parts in view. The rearsets in the picture are not new or current stock. Paul has A NEW DESIGN he showed me the set on his bike and very nice they are too.ok thats cleared up.

Now i have no axe to grind and no favorites in this. I was asked by Random to look into if (Paul) Shinto Racing was real.

These are my views.
Shinto racing is real, they have the stock, they have the manufacturing capability (much is outsourced) and they have connections to obtain non-Shinto stock cheaper than you can in the US (example KOSO).

Any one who has worked or done business in Asia knows how hard it can be to find reliable suppliers here Shinto has been no different.

During our long conversation tnite and some detective work earlier in the day. I had it confirmed that Shinto had been burned by a previous supplier of rear sets (hence the new ones) also the fibreglass fabricater had a few problems.

Shinto is a one man company so finding time to juggle things can be difficult. Saying that. Paul also needs to look into his communication assets (making sure he has access to his companies email 24/7 IF required). Now he is aware of the problem i hope he gets it remedied ASAP.

But this is also why a company like this needs good people in the distribution side (downstream) In Paul's haste to expand Shinto i believe he made a fundamental mistake. NOT finding a US distributer who would/could CARRY stock. This is not a dig at Vince. It is just the facts as i see them. Vince is actually NOT a distributer but he is Ninjette.org's group buy liason/ facilitator. Group buys are notorious for getting out of hand if some simple rules are not followed. And i believe that to be the case here. Rather than treating this as a real group buy it ended up as an order what you want when you want and i hope it goes on the next order. (i might be wrong, but this is how i'm seeing it)
Shinto as a small company dealing with other small companies here in Thailand so there will always be a certain lead time for shipments to be ready. Due to the units having to be finished or anodized or etc, etc. I hope you get the picture. These are not excuses they are the realities of small companies.

And i think this is why we are where we are now, people getting over extended. I have offered advice to the parties involved. I hope that this can be sorted quickly.

Oh by the way i am not a business guru..but i have been involved in business at a management level so i can see this from a different view point to people involved.

Regards Allan
Let me repeat again. The parts i listed as instock in the pm to Random can be shipped on Monday if Vince ok's it. Paul wants to ship so as relieve the pressure you guys are feeling. BUT it's Vinces's decision as he is the group buyer.

Old January 21st, 2011, 10:33 AM   #486
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattygirl View Post
Deja Vu for me... pics of parts, but never pics of "my" parts. Hope my stuff does actually come.
What is your part (shinto parts....umm not ..oh never mind)

Old January 21st, 2011, 10:40 AM   #487
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

I'm going based on your word, right now. You're PM to Random says my black gloss hugger is in stock, my red angled risers are in stock, and I'm worried about my seat cowl, cause Vince says 3 are supposed to be sent and you said Paul only has two. One of those better be mine....

Old January 21st, 2011, 10:58 AM   #488
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I'm going based on your word, right now. You're PM to Random says my black gloss hugger is in stock, my red angled risers are in stock, and I'm worried about my seat cowl, cause Vince says 3 are supposed to be sent and you said Paul only has two. One of those better be mine....
Nattygirl.. I do not know what is yours. Only Vince knows that. I hope everyone understands that (Paul) Shinto does not know who the parts belong to. It's a group buy so only your group buy facilitator knows that.
Saying that IF 3rd seat cowl is needed it can be sourced on Monday but according to Paul it has not been paid for (the 3rd one)
I hope this helps.

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:20 AM   #489
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

everything will get sorted out one way or another. EVERYONE who purchased through me will get their stuff as long as it gets to me. allan, you've been a great help, but I NEED TO HEAR FROM PAUL so we can get things cleared up as EVERYTHING HAS BEEN PAID FOR. to be clear, i am not asking that the shipment be held up any longer than it has been, but at the same time, i don't want anyone's stuff left out cause for all we know it'll be another 30-60 days before i get it.

thanks guys

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM   #490
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by want1sobad View Post
everything will get sorted out one way or another. EVERYONE who purchased through me will get their stuff as long as it gets to me. allan, you've been a great help, but I NEED TO HEAR FROM PAUL so we can get things cleared up as EVERYTHING HAS BEEN PAID FOR. to be clear, i am not asking that the shipment be held up any longer than it has been, but at the same time, i don't want anyone's stuff left out cause for all we know it'll be another 30-60 days before i get it.

thanks guys
Vince. That's cool. I have given you some ideas on how to progress. I will do anything i can to help you both (you and Paul) at this end.

At this moment you know those items are there. It just needs you both to check your records and getting them to match..In Florida you are exactly 12 hours behind us in Thailand (it's 1.30am here now). My suggestion is to text Paul tmorro and arrange a time to call him. It's much easier sorting things out when you can talk to each other. I'm off to bed to cuddle my sleeping girlfriend (at the moment she doesnt like you crazy americans for kepping her cuddle monster away from her. hahahaha)

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:43 AM   #491
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Hey Vince,

Were you aware that Paul wanted more money for DHL shipping? How much is more?

I hate to be skeptical, but I have a feeling that we are just being setup here. I bet you Paul is going to say he shipped the items (but never will) and of course, since he used EMS shipping, it will mysteriously get lost.

Old January 21st, 2011, 12:11 PM   #492
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Quote:
Hey Vince,

Were you aware that Paul wanted more money for DHL shipping? How much is more?

I hate to be skeptical, but I have a feeling that we are just being setup here. I bet you Paul is going to say he shipped the items (but never will) and of course, since he used EMS shipping, it will mysteriously get lost.
I may be wrong but we have always been shipped via EMS w/ tracking (with previous orders?)

My understanding is that there are 3 types:

1) Basic post - Super cheap = super slow & unreliable. Get lost about 50% off the time.
2) EMS with tracking - Thai express mail with tracking..once it hits US ground, it turns over to DHL to be delivered. Takes about 7-10 days to get to destination (recipient). Reliable & reasonably fast for International. Previous orders have been shipped this way?
3) DHL express = not sure that this is. Is this equivalent to "overnight express" here in US? If so, super expensive.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old January 21st, 2011, 12:27 PM   #493
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

all previous shipments have gone via DPX (thailand subsidiary of DHL) - once it gets to hong kong, it shows up in DHL's system for tracking purposes. this should not be confused with "overnight" which, as John eluded to, would be mega $$. it takes 5-7 days to get from paul to myself. from there i ship USPS priority mail which take 3-5 days the most.

so again, everything is paid for, nothing to be done on my end. as soon as i have some communication from paul i'll provide an update.

lastly, i'm a customer who has been waiting for products a long time too (paul has $250 of my money as well), so i know how you guys feel.

thanks

Old January 21st, 2011, 01:56 PM   #494
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Quote:
Let me repeat again. The parts i listed as instock in the pm to Random can be shipped on Monday if Vince ok's it. Paul wants to ship so as relieve the pressure you guys are feeling. BUT it's Vinces's decision as he is the group buyer.
If Vince can give an OKAY so Paul can ship it out would be great...may be Allan can relay your words Vince since Paul won't respond to you directly for some God knows why reason...

Old January 21st, 2011, 09:26 PM   #495
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
all previous shipments have gone via DPX (thailand subsidiary of DHL) - once it gets to hong kong, it shows up in DHL's system for tracking purposes. this should not be confused with "overnight" which, as John eluded to, would be mega $$. it takes 5-7 days to get from paul to myself. from there i ship USPS priority mail which take 3-5 days the most.

so again, everything is paid for, nothing to be done on my end. as soon as i have some communication from paul i'll provide an update.

lastly, i'm a customer who has been waiting for products a long time too (paul has $250 of my money as well), so i know how you guys feel.

thanks
Vince. After you put that line in above. I have to ask how much of your customers money are you sitting on for orders not processed/confirmed to Paul (Shinto). Because i believe that you have still been accepting orders. Is that correct?

Now i am getting really confused..DHL IS DHL
see here http://www.dhl.co.th/en.html

also Random. EMS is a postal service so it will be delivered in the US by USPS NOT Dhl.Also Ems is fully tracked just like DHL it is just a little slower.

As far as i'm aware Shinto racing and Vince share the shipping costs 50/50. Vince is that correct.
As i have said to you all yesterday the items listed are ready to ship and confirmed by Paul to me as being paid for (including Vince's shipping portion. Which is i think were the main problems are occurring).
Paul (Shinto) confirmed that he wants to ship them on Monday but that Vince had added an order on Wednesday which he wanted shipping with it. Paul confirmed that some items would NOT be ready on the 2nd order for about 10-15 days. (some have not even been manufactured but sold by Vince. eg: rearset adjusters)
"so again, everything is paid for, nothing to be done on my end"
Vince sorry to say but yes there is something to be done by you. You have to look back at all your documents to be able to confirm to Paul (Shinto) that indeed everything is paid for. That is your job. also as i advised you should not JUST rely on email. Paul has already explained he is without internet at his new location. Use your other contact means (as i explained to you last night) Also do not forget that Shinto is a small company so Paul may be working elsewhere at times as well.

Ok my feeling on this from chatting to the 2 involved is that there is blame for both parties. I have asked Vince (Shinto US guy) to look at his paperwork to confirm all payments have been made, and what stock is paid for to Paul (Shinto) He should have that and then it is easy to cross reference and confirm. I have asked Paul (Shinto) to do the same.

So if the 2 parties do this. I am sure that this will be resolved.

Again so that you all understand i am a 3rd party in this so these are just my feeling's on the matter.

If any one know different to what i have posted please feel free to PM me.

Regards Allan

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:03 PM   #496
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

no, i have not taken any orders since early november. i have been contacted by several individuals who want to place orders and have had to turn them away because of this fiasco and paul's lack of communication.

good god, how many times do i have to repeat myself? every single item has been paid for (other than rearsets adjusters). there are no "recently added items". paul was made aware of these orders prior to thanksgiving and has been sitting on the funds since 12/17/10. i am not blaming him, these are facts. i did not ask paul to hold the shipment, i asked him to include as much as possible so that a customer who has been waiting 2 months doesn't have to wait another 2 months because his stuff was left out (which would probably be the case based on paul's track record). i explained to paul that if there are items that won't be ready to ship by the 28th that he let me know asap so that i can advise the customer and everything that is ready can ship immediately.

i keep detailed records and have triple checked everything to ensure all payments have remitted. understandably, paul may be getting mixed up as he's trying to sort through payments and lists were remitted 4-6 effing months ago and of course he has all his other orders to deal with.

at the end of the day, the appropriate course of action for paul is to own up to his mistake, ship everything that he can by the 28th if not sooner, and call it a day in order to make this situation right and move on.

btw, he STILL hasn't communicated with me since wednesday.......

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:13 PM   #497
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
no, i have not taken any orders since early november. i have been contacted by several individuals who want to place orders and have had to turn them away because of this fiasco and paul's lack of communication.

good god, how many times do i have to repeat myself? every single item has been paid for (other than rearsets adjusters). there are no "recently added items". paul was made aware of these orders prior to thanksgiving and has been sitting on the funds since 12/17/10. i am not blaming him, these are facts. i did not ask paul to hold the shipment, i asked him to include as much as possible so that a customer who has been waiting 2 months doesn't have to wait another 2 months because his stuff was left out (which would probably be the case based on paul's track record). i explained to paul that if there are items that won't be ready to ship by the 28th that he let me know asap so that i can advise the customer and everything that is ready can ship immediately.

i keep detailed records and have triple checked everything to ensure all payments have remitted. understandably, paul may be getting mixed up as he's trying to sort through payments and lists were remitted 4-6 effing months ago and of course he has all his other orders to deal with.

at the end of the day, the appropriate course of action for paul is to own up to his mistake, ship everything that he can by the 28th if not sooner, and call it a day in order to make this situation right and move on.

btw, he STILL hasn't communicated with me since wednesday.......
Ok.. This is the Pm you sent me before i went to see Paul.

"allan,

thanks for getting involved with this.

all these items were paid for long ago and should be ready to ship:

4pr clip-ons (1 red, 3 black)
8pr small fork caps ( 3 black, silver, blue, gold, 2 red)
3 black OEM seat cowls
1 gloss black hugger
1 new 2-piece swing arm cover/hugger (matte black cover, matte black hugger)
1 carbon look hugger(s) - pattern #3
1 flasher relay
1pr angled risers (red)
1 koso kit (jean tran's)

these are "new" orders (although i received payment and paul was made aware of these items over a month ago)

1pr grips (red)
1pr weighted bar ends (red)
1 windscreen (red)
1pr carbon look mirrors (pattern 1)
6pr OEM rearset adjusters w/ shift linkage (black)

i have requested paul ship EVERYTHING from both these lists he has in stock by the 28th at the absolute latest. when you stop by his place, please confirm that all 6prs of rearset adjusters are good to go and in the box. i have informed paul that i will submit payment once this has taken place. i also need to know what items, if any are not available (should only be the "new" orders). i will inform customers of items that may not be ready so they can decided whether or not they're willing to wait any longer.

please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks again.

................................................................................ ......................
Firstly the part in RED You did not say that they were ordered just made aware of....

2nd on the underlined part you state submit payment.. I took that as payment for the "new items"

I can understand the problems if you are not using order forms (MS word. spreadsheets) and payment confirmations.

You also keep stating Paul's lack of communication.
But what are you doing to ensure contact?
Are you just banging off emails and waiting for Paul to answer?
If so when did the poor communication start?

Was it around the time that Paul says he was in Japan and moving building's?
................ It can take up to 3 months to get a telephone line and Internet here in Thailand. We do not have 3g here so mobile phone internet is also slow.

But saying that i have now made Paul aware of what is available and he will sort communications out.

so Vince here is an option for you. http://www.idt.net/personal/cards/gc/
low cost calling to international numbers.

Now the onus is on YOU to contact Paul (Shinto racing, your supplier) to ensure YOUR customers get their products. YOU sold the products to the customers because YOU are the "Shinto US guy".

Regards Allan

Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM   #498
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I really don't understand why the issue is now being blamed on Vince.

You do realize that Paul is supposed to be a business man, he is the one who should have the orders straight and in spreadsheet form. If he is the one having delays Paul should be contacting Vince saying, I'm sorry there is a delay not the other way around. Since when is it the buyer's duty to make sure the vendor doesn't forget their product?

I also can't believe that you are blaming Vince for communication. Nobody here knew he was in Japan for the holidays, he left an autoreply on his email saying closed for the holidays, nothing about Japan. If you read this entire thread you should be able to see that multiple people have tried to call Paul and he won't pick up. Every other form of contact relies on internet. Doesn't it make sense that Paul should make another email account that isn't server based that can be checked via phone, internet cafe, etc? Are you now saying he can't check is email for 3 months and won't have a phone for 3 months... insane, especially when he is "expanding" the company to other countries, so how are people supposed to contact him, fly to Thailand and check in, mail a letter?

Never in my life have I heard the customer blamed for a supplier's problem, or a supplier demanding money for shipping from the customer when it was the supplier's fault for not completing the order. I'm so disgusted, I guess the customer is always right isn't a motto over there.

I really really hope that this gets sorted out.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:57 PM   #499
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Cindy - I don't think it's as clearcut as you've laid it out. Paul dropped the ball over and over again. But Vince isn't a customer. He's a supplier as well, collecting money and providing products. Or in this case not providing products, and not providing refunds either. IMO, Vince has bitten off way more than he can chew, without thinking about what he would do if this were to happen, despite warnings over and over again. The game plan as of now is apparently still to wait and hope Paul, against all odds, comes through again. And ships products that Vince has not paid for, yet will only send payment after receipt.

It's a fustercluck of pretty impressive proportions. Unless the miraculous happens in short order, Shinto is no more on this site by second week of February.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old January 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM   #500
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Unless the miraculous happens in short order, Shinto is no more on this site by second week of February.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM   #501
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Everything that needs to be shipped has been paid for, there is no hold up on my end. Every item that needs to be shipped paul has known about and received payment on as of 12/17/2010 if not earlier......

Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM   #502
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
these are "new" orders

1pr grips (red)
1pr weighted bar ends (red)
1 windscreen (red)
1pr carbon look mirrors (pattern 1)
6pr OEM rearset adjusters w/ shift linkage (black)

i have requested paul ship EVERYTHING from both these lists he has in stock by the 28th at the absolute latest. when you stop by his place, please confirm that all 6prs of rearset adjusters are good to go and in the box. i have informed paul that i will submit payment once this has taken place. i also need to know what items, if any are not available (should only be the "new" orders). i will inform customers of items that may not be ready so they can decided whether or not they're willing to wait any longer.
Quote:
Everything that needs to be shipped has been paid for, there is no hold up on my end. Every item that needs to be shipped paul has known about and received payment on as of 12/17/2010 if not earlier......
Both of these statements can not be true.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM   #503
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

the only items that i have not submitted payment for are the rearset adjusters - the reason being is paul has yet to show me that a product even exists. i cannot in good conscience send paul $$ until i see a pic of at least 1pr of adjusters. yes, everything from that list titled "new" orders has been paid for, and paul was informed of these items around december 1st. they're new to him because he didn't bother to check his bank account or email before going to japan for a month (without telling any of us). either way, given the fact that he's expanding, got a new building, etc. - you would think he has plenty of inventory. if that isn't the case, i just need him to let me know what he doesn't have and that'll be the end of it.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM   #504
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Ok Guys. I have done what i was asked to by Randomwalk.
I have informed Vince several times that Paul told me that at this time the rearset adjuster are NOT ready and would take 10-15 days to complete.

If Vince sold these it was before they were even ready !!!!

And i state again that the items in the list i mentioned are ready to ship.
As Alex says i can see this as a cluster ****. Paul is/was the manufacturer/supplier and Vince was/is the distributer. in reality Vince should have ensured he had the fast moving items in stock.

I can see it is not just Paul's fault (but blame certainly lies there)

Paul told me he would send the parcels today.

I will check later. Then that's me finished.

Regards Allan

Tip for the year....Do not JUST rely on email.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:17 PM   #505
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Cindy - I don't think it's as clearcut as you've laid it out. Paul dropped the ball over and over again. But Vince isn't a customer. He's a supplier as well, collecting money and providing products. Or in this case not providing products, and not providing refunds either.
Oh I agree.

But this was stated in the thread:
Quote:
Vince is actually NOT a distributer but he is Ninjette.org's group buy liason/ facilitator. Group buys are notorious for getting out of hand if some simple rules are not followed. And i believe that to be the case here. Rather than treating this as a real group buy it ended up as an order what you want when you want and i hope it goes on the next order.
Now I don't know if this is something Allen is repeating from Paul or if it's something he has observed. Paul also mentioned that Vince is organizing group buys and never refers to him as a distributor in his "message from Paul" post. So I figured I should stop calling Vince a distributor and make him the customer.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:41 PM   #506
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneJunkie View Post
Oh I agree.

But this was stated in the thread:

Now I don't know if this is something Allen is repeating from Paul or if it's something he has observed. Paul also mentioned that Vince is organizing group buys and never refers to him as a distributor in his "message from Paul" post. So I figured I should stop calling Vince a distributor and make him the customer.
Gene.. It is my observation of Vince's nick "Shinto US guy" and the fact that he is NOT now doing group buys but is in fact allowing you to purchase any Shinto item as and when you want them.
My definition of a group buy is that 1 or 2 products are offered to the group and then the group buy facilitator gets the money in. Transfers said money and distributes the stock when it arrives (no profits made for the facilitator)

As far as I'm aware that is not the case here.
If I'm incorrect ok. But this is how I see it.

As i have said before i am a 3rd party in this and can see it from different perspectives from those involved.

Also Gene you are correct that Paul should have made it easier for himself to access his email.. That has been noted by him.. unfortunately some people do not sort things like this out until it becomes a problem. He stated to me that it was not a problem before.
With this in mind. I also note that some questions i asked have not been answered by Vince.

what are you doing to ensure contact?
Are you just banging off emails and waiting for Paul to answer?
If so when did the poor communication start?

Regards Allan

Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:38 PM   #507
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

communication has been lacking since day one. paul and i have had several conversations about this needing to improve and he has not followed through. regarding "selling whatever i want whenever i want" that is certainly not the case. i have only sold products paul led me to believe were ready to go or easily obtained/fabricated in a few days time. as far as the rearset adjusters are concerned, this was an item that several forum members inquired about. i passed the interest on to paul, who designed a product, and asked me to take pre-sale orders. he told me he would have a prototype ready to go and tested in 30-45 days (this was in september). so again, I HAVE ONLY DONE WHAT I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO DO BY PAUL. every time i have inquired about the status of the adjusters he has told me "will be ready soon". so again, the reason why i have not submitted payment for 6prs of adjusters is that paul has yet to show me a finished product. i'm not about to send him $400 for something that likely does not exist and have to tell customers "2 more weeks" 10 more times. all i need is for paul to finish a set, show me a pic, and say they'll be ready to ship in two weeks time. or, if he is not planning on following through with the design, let me know and i'll refund the six customers. another example, large fork caps. paul has had a youtube video for these for over 8 months!!! they're still not ready, and paul has had the money for these in excess of 6 months!

allan, i sincerely appreciate your willingness to help. that being said, it really, really seems you're taking paul's word as ABSOLUTE TRUTH and your posts, quite frankly, are only making things worse. let me be clear, i do not think paul is a bad person, or a liar. however, i would say that his take on the situation is inaccurate. also, he has not asked me to do anything to get this shipment underway. if there was something to be done on my end, it would have been done long ago.

at the end of the day this whole situation is easily resolved. put everything in the box and ship the freaking thing by the end of the week if not sooner. if there's anything that has been paid for that he can't include within that time frame, let me know so i can inform the customers and that's that.

everyone who has been around this forum for the last year knows Shinto was dead until i stepped up with the Shinto USA idea. I never put myself out there as an "official distributor", everyone knows i don't stock inventory. my reason for doing this was to eliminate the high shipping costs so people could get their hands on paul's stuff. i have been nothing but up front and accommodating to everyone who's done business with me. i have also fulfilled quite a few orders for people who purchased through paul directly, but NEVER received their products.

i don't mean to write a book here, but i feel like i'm being dragged through the mud and made out to be the bad guy......

Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:06 PM   #508
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Vince - you're not the bad guy, truly. And Paul might not even be a bad guy.

But at the end of the day, people are putting out money, and not getting products. Whether they are paying you, or paying Paul, it doesn't really matter.

You continuing to state reasons why you believe you've been doing the right thing, while Paul's been dropping the ball, isn't effective. Mainly, because it doesn't change the fact that people still don't have their products. It's only natural for people to be annoyed at both Paul, and at the middleman, who in this case is yourself.

This hasn't been working out, still isn't working out as of today, and shows no sign of working out in the future. What you need to do (IMO) is shut down any financial interest you have in this, return any money you are holding back to individuals who are still waiting for parts that are never going to arrive, and move on. Any money that is already in Paul's hands, continue to work with him (whatever that means) to get people whatever they can.

I feel for you, but I feel for your and Paul's unhappy customers more.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:17 PM   #509
randomwalk101
self wrencher

thaininja (Allan), thank you very much for your help in getting in touch with Paul. Without you, we don't really know what to do...
Please let us know when Paul sends the package out and possibly the tracking info so we can catch it over here. thanks!!

Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:20 PM   #510
thaininja
ninjette.org member

Vince. It was not my intention to make you out as 'the bad guy'. I was merely saying my observations. I am taking no sides only asking questions.
I was asked to find Paul. I did.

He has stock and it is marked as Shinto. So in my view he is not a scammer. A poor business man in that he lacks customer service skills. certainly.

He needs to improve his communication with customers that is for sure. Both in what is available and what is coming.
Also in informing you all how it works.
Example that the stock carried at the factory's are in raw form and need to be coloured to order (anodize or carbon) This is done in sets and can take time.
His business is NOT a retail business. It is a wholesale business. So he keeps a minimal stock and makes up orders as they come in.

If i seem to be taking his side i apologise. That is not the case but i live here in Thailand and understand some of the difficulties that Paul faces running a business here.

And Vince. Yes you are correct about how it can be rectified. I hope that the goods go out today as Paul told me they would.

I will say no more on this forum so as not to be blamed for inflaming the situation.
I hope you all get the items that you ordered and paid for.

Regards Allan

Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:06 PM   #511
spooph

Name: Spooph

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

MOTM - Oct '15
Thank you so much for you help Allan! It will be sad to see you go.

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat.
If you are ever in doubt to my tone, please refer to my avatar.

Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:02 PM   #512
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
everyone who has been around this forum for the last year knows Shinto was dead until i stepped up with the Shinto USA idea. I never put myself out there as an "official distributor", everyone knows i don't stock inventory.......
You sure about that this post here says otherwise. Shinto Racing USA - Open for business This quote I have pulled from it appears to be you saying you are a Shinto USA distributor.
Quote:
Alright everyone, Paul and I have worked out the details and I am ready to begin taking orders. For those who may not have been following other threads, here are the details.

I have become a US distributor for www.shinto-racing.com. Paul (ThaiNinjaRR), the owner, is based in Bangkok, Thailand. He manufactures all his own products and is open to our feedback in terms of new product offerings. I will place bulk orders to Paul on the 15th and 30th of each month (depending on demand). Orders can be placed via pming myself or at shintousaorders@gmail.com. Payments will be accepted via PayPal to the above email. Once I have received the bulk order from Paul, I will distribute via USPS priority (2-3 day) or UPS when appropriate. I am happy to ship to Canada, however there is an additional shipping expense involved which will result in a slightly ($25-$35) higher price per order (not item). Product info can be found at www.shinto-racing.com as well as http://www.youtube.com/user/ThaiNinjaRR#p/u.

Pricing on orders placed though me are as follows:

ShintoUSA Retail Price

Hugger (FG) $135
Reservoir Cover (FG) $35
Belly Pan $150
Fender Eliminator (FG) $70
Screens $60
Tail Light $95
Flasher Relay $19
Rearsets $250
Standard Riser Kit (3,6, and 9mm w/ bolts) (any combiation of 2) $75
Angled Risers w/bolts $65
Grips $40
Bar Ends $35
Weighted Bar Ends $55
Clip-Ons $115
Fork Caps $25

**aluminum products standard in silver/black, $10 for coloring
**all prices include shipping

For products not listed above, email or pm for pricing. Group buy discounts will be available. I will also be offering "kits". Essentially, if related items are purchased at the same time, a discount will be applied for each item added.

For example:

"Clip-On Kit"

clip ons, fork caps, grips, bar ends/weighted bar ends

"Stock Bars Kit"

standard risers, angled risers, grips, bar ends/weighted bar ends

"Rear Lighting Kit"

LED tail light, flasher relay, fender eliminator

(each item added results in 5% discount on total kit purchase)

Any feedback/suggestions are welcome. More info to follow as necessary.

Thanks guys!
And again in this post from Shinto-RAcing.com COMING soon
Quote:
i am the us distributor for shinto. you'll need to email paul at support@shinto-racing.com

Old January 24th, 2011, 06:07 AM   #513
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmiff View Post
You sure about that this post here says otherwise. Shinto Racing USA - Open for business This quote I have pulled from it appears to be you saying you are a Shinto USA distributor.And again in this post from Shinto-RAcing.com COMING soon
I'm sure this is just a mis-use of words early on. As Vince has stated... everyone was (or at least should been) aware that he was only a middle-man that had NO stock on hand. He would take orders from individuals and then would place a bulk group order with Paul to limit shipping expense. Being a distributor would not make sense anyway as a distributor by definition is one who sells to retailers or dealers, not the end user.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #514
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

for those of you who have nothing better to do than troll this thread, seeing as you are not customer's involved in the situation - you can twist my wording all you want - i'm not really concerned with your opinion. everyone who has actually done business with me knows better. for those that have posted here, as well as pmed me - thank you for your support, it is greatly appreciated.

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:16 AM   #515
randomwalk101
self wrencher

any word that the order has actually been ship (tracking info?).

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM   #516
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

waiting to hear from paul.......

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #517
randomwalk101
self wrencher

oh boy...

Old January 24th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #518
Alex
ninjette.org dude

/thread closed at OP's request.

Vince can continue to be reached at PM: want1sobad

Closed Thread