4. alex.s
5. dk58
dk58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #82
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Wait, so how much would this cost per person? And whats the time frame were looking at from payment to arrival at my door?

Depending on the answers to those questions I may be interested.

Old July 28th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #83
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

I personally think the best option is the SD route. I haven't found anyone willing to drive over through Juarez with US plates. Something about murder capital of the world...

Whichever way it happens I am in.

1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #84
wayanlam

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

i assume its too costly to hire an armored personnel carrier to go there then

nice group piling up there

Old July 29th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #85
blade
ninjette.org member

Name: matt

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

yes i am on the list thx wayan , still would like to know prices and shipping time frame, again thx wayan

Old July 29th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #86
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Just some additional input... I'm thinking some additional clearance around the caliper may be needed so as the chain is adjusted or replaced, the caliper can move with no issues.

BTW... Great job Wayan! May I also request some additional photo's especially showing close-ups of clearances around the tire from the swing arm and also the hugger. The reason I'm asking is I am switching over to the 4.5" rim and a 150 tire to eliminate the tire pinch. This rim/tire combo is super close to not only the swing arm but the chain/chain guard and Scott hugger as well. I'm curious if this would be the better option for me. I may have to jump on this GB as well. I look forward to your input and photo's.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #87
Navigator
ninjette.org member

Name: Lester

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R, 1979 Elsinore 125R

Thank you Wayan. I am from the Philippines and I have installed mine following your photos. However I did not fabricate a bracket for the left side since the holes line up perfectly as shown on the other site. Also, the bracket on the right side was cut from aluminum angle bar, holes drilled, THEN cut to shape. Far easier to line up the holes this way. The Byson is called FZ150 over here and the hugger cost me $6 in local currency. Thanks again!!!

------------------------------------
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #88
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Just some additional input... I'm thinking some additional clearance around the caliper may be needed so as the chain is adjusted or replaced, the caliper can move with no issues.

BTW... Great job Wayan! May I also request some additional photo's especially showing close-ups of clearances around the tire from the swing arm and also the hugger. The reason I'm asking is I am switching over to the 4.5" rim and a 150 tire to eliminate the tire pinch. This rim/tire combo is super close to not only the swing arm but the chain/chain guard and Scott hugger as well. I'm curious if this would be the better option for me. I may have to jump on this GB as well. I look forward to your input and photo's.
Good point. It shouldn't be too hard to do when the time comes, so I'd just carry the knowledge that I'd need to widen the opening if I needed to adjust my chain a bit.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #89
wayanlam

might give the bike a wash later today when i get back from the beach, then ill take some pics of the clearance n post them up

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:48 PM   #90
jnninja250r
Qtr Ltr

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

I'd like to get in on the GB if/when it happens
1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
7. jnninja250r
jnninja250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 09:04 AM   #91
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

I'd like to get in on the GB if/when it happens
1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
7. jnninja250r
8. EsrTek
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 09:43 AM   #92
yeabuddy
ninjette.org member

Name: Vee

Motorcycle(s): 250r SE

1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
7. jnninja250r
8. EsrTek
9. yeabuddy
yeabuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 10:39 AM   #93
JBedney
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarC View Post
I haven't found anyone willing to drive over through Juarez with US plates. Something about murder capital of the world...
I thought that was Oakland, CA

Anyway, there is no Yamaha dealer in Juarez, so you would have to drive 220 miles to buy the hugger at Chihuahua.
JBedney is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 11:04 AM   #94
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBedney View Post
There is a Yamaha dealer next to the Mexican border located in Tijuana, so the volunteer must be someone from San Diego metro area.

FACTORY RACING, S.A. de C.V.
Blvd. Cuauhtémoc Sur-Oriente 2294-B
Col. Revolución
CP. 22400
Tijuana, Baja California

Phones:
011-52-664-686-3007
011-52-664-686-3000

e-mail:
lariosjl@factory-racing.com.mx
Did they how much it is and how long it takes to get there? I'm only half an hour away.
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 03:16 PM   #95
caliente103
ninjette.org member

Name: HECTOR

Motorcycle(s): Red 08 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeabuddy View Post
1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
7. jnninja250r
8. EsrTek
9. yeabuddy
10. Caliente103

Jetkit,15/43,HID
caliente103 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 05:09 PM   #96
JBedney
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
Did they how much it is and how long it takes to get there? I'm only half an hour away.
Come On! Not all Mexicans are criminals!!!

Don't be afraid to cross the border and visit the Yamaha dealer.

Personally, I feel more at danger when shopping at Emeryville's Home Depot, visiting Oakland's downtown or riding a Muni 47 bus in San Francisco than strolling alone by Mexico City streets at 2 am.

Old July 31st, 2011, 06:03 PM   #97
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:

Personally, I feel more at danger when shopping at Emeryville's Home Depot, visiting Oakland's downtown or riding a Muni 47 bus in San Francisco than strolling alone by Mexico City streets at 2 am.
Uhh... he wasn't saying anything about being scared. He was wondering ho long it takes for the parts to ship to that dealership and how much. It sounded like he was volunteering to go if it sounded all good.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 07:36 PM   #98
Dr. Ew
Yoshi

Name: Dr. Ew

Motorcycle(s): 11 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente103 View Post
10. Caliente103
Me TOO!!!
Dr. Ew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 31st, 2011, 09:39 PM   #99
DarC
DUCEATR

Quote:
I thought that was Oakland, CA

Anyway, there is no Yamaha dealer in Juarez, so you would have to drive 220 miles to buy the hugger at Chihuahua.
I know, I posted the two dealers in Chihuahua. To get there from here you have to drive through Juarez...I suppose this is a good year though, only 1000+ murders so far.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.

Old July 31st, 2011, 10:23 PM   #100
Cuongism

Quote:

Jet is right, just asking how much they said it'd be and how long it would take to arrive once I order the part. Not sure how you got all Mexicans are criminals from that.

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:06 PM   #101
JBedney
ninjette.org member

I'm not saying that you told that.

As I know that all the Mexican border cities have the same bad reputation as Juarez, I'm just encouraging you to make a quick trip to Tijuana without paying attention to these comments:

Quote:
Not yet, can't find anyone brave enough. You know, the whole murderous drug cartel excuse.
Quote:
I haven't found anyone willing to drive over through Juarez with US plates. Something about murder capital of the world...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
i assume its too costly to hire an armored personnel carrier to go there then
Quote:
I know, I posted the two dealers in Chihuahua. To get there from here you have to drive through Juarez...I suppose this is a good year though, only 1000+ murders so far.

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:20 PM   #102
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
7. jnninja250r
8. EsrTek
9. yeabuddy
10. Caliente103
11. Dr. Ew
12. Vampyre

Me too.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:29 PM   #103
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

This was my point earlier, with this many people It may be cheaper to just get it from Wayan

with 12 people at $35 each thats $420 + a fair $60 for whoever goes to mexico. So $480 total

If we buy from wayan the price is all going to be in shipping, with 12 at $3 each thats $36 for all 12! and even if shipping is $350 and with a nice tip to wayan It should be cheaper. And if we get more people even better.

Wayan, how much do you think shipping will be? for 12+ huggers

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM   #104
Vampyre
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R Black, 2005 ZX-6R Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post
This was my point earlier, with this many people It may be cheaper to just get it from Wayan

with 12 people at $35 each thats $420 + a fair $60 for whoever goes to mexico. So $480 total

If we buy from wayan the price is all going to be in shipping, with 12 at $3 each thats $36 for all 12! and even if shipping is $350 and with a nice tip to wayan It should be cheaper. And if we get more people even better.

That would be with only the shipping to one person. The package would have to be split up and re-shipped in the US. So we would need to count for that as well, but I think we could sort that out.
Vampyre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM   #105
EsrTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2109 View Post

Better way, IMO, would be get the final price, then once he gets them he has to re-ship to all of us. At that point we can 'tip' him and pay for individual shipping.
I would suggest US Mail, as it is a 1 price for a size box, and it should be the same for all since we all getting same parts.

If you can get me the factory addy, I can prolly get one of the amigos from work to have a local pick em up and maybe even bring to the border (they will do just about anything for some cash).

Edit: Found addy on page 2... will ask if anyway we can get a courier for hopefully around $100 US instead of all that shipping cost from there to US.
Does anyone know anything about how that border works.. would it be easy for the guy who may go, to get over border and back quickly w/ a box of parts??

Old August 1st, 2011, 08:35 PM   #106
wayanlam

the price i was offering was $6 a piece. yes its double the shop price, but its such a low price to start with, that anything less would not be worth the time that i need to put into getting this organized.

so as it stands,
12 pcs x $6 = $72

for shipping, the cheapest price i can get for this volume would be to ship it by ocean freight.

12 sets of hugers will take up quite a lot of space. and to ship it by post, or worse, by DHL. would cost way too much.

minimum volume for ocean freight is 1 cubic meter. which would cost $240 to LAX port.

if we make a crate for it, there is an additional charge of $70 for the crate and fumigation.

if we want to ship it to your house (door to door) i would need the specific address, to get a quote from the shipping agent here. it takes about 1 month to ship, which is one drawback. and im not sure how fast i can get 12 hugers from the dealer here, since they will need to order them from the main warehouse in Java.

for about the same price, with DHL i would get 13 times less space, and im quite certain that i wont be able to fit 12 hugers in a DHL jumbo box, lol.

keep me posted, im happy to help, as long as we can make the required decisions. otherwise its mexico...

Old August 1st, 2011, 08:47 PM   #107
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hey all, i'm pulling out for now. (that's what he said!) i've decided to buy fiberglassing supplies and try to make one myself... we'll see what kind of a mess i end up with :-/

Old August 1st, 2011, 09:00 PM   #108
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
the price i was offering was $6 a piece. yes its double the shop price, but its such a low price to start with, that anything less would not be worth the time that i need to put into getting this organized.

so as it stands,
12 pcs x $6 = $72

for shipping, the cheapest price i can get for this volume would be to ship it by ocean freight.

12 sets of hugers will take up quite a lot of space. and to ship it by post, or worse, by DHL. would cost way too much.

minimum volume for ocean freight is 1 cubic meter. which would cost $240 to LAX port.

if we make a crate for it, there is an additional charge of $70 for the crate and fumoigation.

if we want to ship it to your house (door to door) i would need the specific address, to get a quote from the shipping agent here. it takes about 1 month to ship, which is one drawback. and im not sure how fast i can get 12 hugers from the dealer here, since they will need to order them from the main warehouse in Java.

for about the same price, with DHL i would get 13 times less space, and im quite certain that i wont be able to fit 12 hugers in a DHL jumbo box, lol.

keep me posted, im happy to help, as long as we can make the required decisions. otherwise its mexico...
Hey don't the huggers fit into each other nicely like if you were to stack open egg cartons ontop of each other?

If so that should Bring down the price considerably.
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 09:06 PM   #109
wayanlam

even if they could stack, i don't think 12 of them stacked up could fit in that DHL Jumbo box. i mean i can always try... lol

i could also see what it might cost to ship it by registered express post, which takes about 10 days to ship, but again, i think it might be almost more than shipping it by ocean freight. maybe they have a slower / cheaper postal option, lol...

in the end its still cheaper than the mexico option at this point.

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:45 PM   #110
DarC
DUCEATR

Quote:
I'm not saying that you told that.

As I know that all the Mexican border cities have the same bad reputation as Juarez, I'm just encouraging you to make a quick trip to Tijuana without paying attention to these comments:
Honestly I would not mind driving across in the western border crossings, ie TJ. And I would probably make the day trip to Chihuahua if I wasn't forbidden to cross the border. I ma just getting frustrated that no one else that I have talked to will do it for me
The problem is Juarez and that it is between me and Chihuahua. Since I literally live 10 minutes from the border it is frustrating.

So.....who's going to Mexico?

Old August 1st, 2011, 10:59 PM   #111
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

Quote:
Honestly I would not mind driving across in the western border crossings, ie TJ. And I would probably make the day trip to Chihuahua if I wasn't forbidden to cross the border. I ma just getting frustrated that no one else that I have talked to will do it for me
The problem is Juarez and that it is between me and Chihuahua. Since I literally live 10 minutes from the border it is frustrating.

So.....who's going to Mexico?
lol if only I had a passport
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2011, 11:18 PM   #112
DarC
DUCEATR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblivion007 View Post
lol if only I had a passport

You can borrow one of mine?

EDIT: I just sent an e-mail to hopefully someone that can help. Waiting for reply....

Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:46 AM   #113
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Wayan: Have you had a chance to wash her up and take some additional pics for me of the tire clearances. I'm thinking I need to get my name on this list too. Also I'm thinking Vince (want1sobad) may be able to advise on the best way/cost for shipping as he dealt with it back when we were order parts from over where your at. I'll see if I can get him to chime in.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM   #114
wayanlam

i washed her last night, but then got distracted with dinner and the computer, and forgot to take the pictures and upload them, haha...

ill do that when i get home from work tonight. cant do it now, since i came to work with the car.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 09:55 AM   #115
wayanlam

there are the closeups~

hope that helps

Old August 3rd, 2011, 10:04 AM   #116
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Looks good!

Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:06 PM   #117
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
7. jnninja250r
8. EsrTek
9. yeabuddy
10. Caliente103
11. Dr. Ew
12. Vampyre
13. want1sobad

somebody freakin' go to mexico.....
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM   #118
EsrTek

lol -- uhmm when the locals in Mexico won't go through Juarez (sp?).
I would not want anyone to go there/through it or anywhere within 50miles of it for a part I want. So it's gonna be shipping from there or probably nothing.

So if shipping, I thought I read on this thread that it was cheaper to go through Wayan?

Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM   #119
Cuongism

I go to TJ like once a month so I'll stop by the place next time I'm down.

Old August 3rd, 2011, 04:35 PM   #120
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

1. Kevin2109
2. Jonnyc
3. blade
4. alex.s
5. dk58
6. DarC
7. jnninja250r
8. EsrTek
9. yeabuddy
10. Caliente103
11. Dr. Ew
12. Vampyre
13. want1sobad
14. shaol1n monk

this looks great! i want one if i can still get in! what is the price including shipping we are currently looking at? im on the east coast in philly